Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sick and weak is no way to fix a bobcat undercarriage

+5
RealLindaL
zsomething
PkrBum
Joanimaroni
2seaoat
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

I have had luck with Toradol injections to break a long pain cycle. Really helps with nerve pain.

2seaoat

About six acres tilled and seeded. We are suppose to get a gentle rain tonight which will be perfect for the new seeds. If we have mild weather, we could have germination by thanksgiving which will protect the seed in a mild flood in the spring. Spring floods do not kill the grass. Summer floods kill the grass if it remains on the grass over a week.

RealLindaL

Gentle rain sounds wonderful, and may you sleep like a baby.

2seaoat

I got into the Bobcat for the first time in three weeks and Monday will be two weeks since the Chemo embolization liver procedure. I only worked two hours, and worked on sandy soil which did not bounce me to badly. We need to clear our causeway tubes at this time of year before the big freeze. It was a beautiful day and Mrs. Seaoat got chains on some of the trees and branches blocking the tube. We also move some of our picnic tables to higher ground and tether them with steel cables. I will fire up the soil conditioner sunday if weather permits and seed the area I just leveled. I am extremely weak and the getting in and out of the bobcat is a challenge, but damn......I am doing it.

2seaoat

I worked about six hours on the bobcat. We are having the most beautiful December weather I can remember. The soil is really easy to work with and with all the leaves dropped from the maple trees, I am slowly scrapping off the sediment from the roads, and my wife will run gravel so I can top off the roads, and we will seed the small island Saturday. My flushing has been under control since the liver procedure, but six hours on the bobcat and I am flushing this evening. I did not take the medical pot today, and once I got back inside, I took my dose. I want to work all day saturday because you just cannot get weather like this so late into the fall. I feel blessed to even operate the machine, and the strangest thing is that it has been five weeks since the bobcat technician came out and put the brass filters on the hydraulic lines and put what we had taken apart and installed the new drive pump. I have been renting and buying attachments from this small bobcat sales and service place for 25 years, and the owner has liked me since I was one of his first customers. I told my wife he was upset when he saw me last as the cancer has got me, and I think when his tech came out and saw how we had made it easy for him, and my wife and I always give twenty bucks to a worker to get lunch. Apparently when my wife tried to pay the bill twice, the owner kept saying......that was really nice you buying lunch for my tech. We will see if the bill comes, but I do not want sympathy in the form of not sending a bill. It is a tough battle, but hell it has all made sense when people act normal. I just do not feel comfortable with the owner saying he has not had a chance to write up the invoice. It should be a five hundred dollar invoice, and I feel like we are stealing if he does not sent an invoice. Oh, well I will take some photos Saturday, and you will see what paradise looks like.

PkrBum

PkrBum

It's a funny thing about giving... it often makes the giver feel better than the getter.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PkrBum wrote:It's a funny thing about giving... it often makes the giver feel better than the getter.

Yes it does!

2seaoat

This is our small island which I will have completely soil conditioned and seeded by Tuesday afternoon. We ran out of seed this afternoon, so we are going to go to the Quad cities for dinner and a hotel......maybe some poker, I am getting stronger every day, and for the life of me I just cannot figure what these folks at Northwestern keep doing with my liver, but the liver pain is gone, and I worked six hours on the bobcat without a problem. It helps that the soil is a lot easier on the operator than working three to six inch gravel. Today was simply stunning for December 3rd. Note the teeth marks from the conditioner on the soil.

Sick and weak is no way to fix a bobcat undercarriage - Page 4 20171210

knothead

knothead

Mr. Oats, what kind of implement or attachment is on the Bobcat, a soil conditioner?

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

Joanimaroni wrote:I have had luck with Toradol injections to break a long pain cycle. Really helps with nerve pain.

Have you tried Gabapentin for nerve pain?

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

EmeraldGhost wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:I have had luck with Toradol injections to break a long pain cycle. Really helps with nerve pain.

Yes. It did not help, in fact one of the adverse effects is back pain. When I first took a low dose without relief they bumped the dosage and I had a reaction. It caused profound stuttering. Scary

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

Joanimaroni wrote:
EmeraldGhost wrote:

Yes. It did not help, in fact one of the adverse effects is back pain.

Hmmm, hadn't heard that. My wife takes it (among other things) specifically for ongoing pain from her massive back surgery two years ago that included one vertebra completely removed.

Joanimaroni wrote:
When I first took a low dose without relief they bumped the dosage and I had a reaction. It caused profound stuttering. Scary

Haven't noticed her stuttering either.

But that's the funny thing about drugs, I think ... they can affect individuals differently.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Neurontin was originally prescribed to individuals with seizure disorders.

2seaoat

Mr. Oats, what kind of implement or attachment is on the Bobcat, a soil conditioner?

It is a hydraulic attachment where the Bobcat provides the hydraulic pressure to turn a hydraulic drive on the attachment which is connected to a chain drive which has a series of steel fingers about four inches long which rotate and penetrate the soil with the steel fingers to smooth and break up the soil for seeding and leveling. If done properly is takes a lot of bumps out of the John Deere Commercial mower which can beat the hell out of somebody when cutting close to forty acres. When the flood comes it deposits sand and silt in small little hills which get leveled and make the ride easier on the mower. It also allows a tight seed pattern which does not allow a car to pierce the soil and rut the islands adding to the bump factor on cutting the grass. I use this piece of equipment almost exclusively after flooding.

2seaoat

It appears that the Bobcat dealer is not going to send us a bill. He started his business 25 years ago and I have been a good customer, but we have stopped by twice asking about the bill, and when my wife called a final time last week, they said they had just not had time to get to it. Three months. Message received and thank you. I feel good that my wife and I have the respect of their techs as they saw what we had done, but they also have seen my decline in health and appear to have made a welcomed Christmas gift. It helped that we always give a service person who comes to the house twenty dollars for lunch. They almost all vehemently refuse the gift, but we have gotten good in insisting. I guess the owner told my wife that it was really nice to given the tech 20 bucks for lunch, and she said we always do that.......pass it on.....

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

You and Mrs Oats are very special.

PkrBum

PkrBum

Glad you've come to terms with it. I'm sure it gave the guy great pleasure.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum