Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Obama done???

+3
ZVUGKTUBM
knothead
Sal
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Obama done??? Empty Obama done??? 10/9/2012, 8:51 am

http://andrewsullivan.thedailybeast.com/2012/10/did-obama-just-throw-the-entire-election-away.html

According to the polls that many Dems have been cawing about and pontificating that Romney had no chance, well it seems that the opposite has now occured.

2Obama done??? Empty Re: Obama done??? 10/9/2012, 11:10 am

PACEDOG#1 wrote:http://andrewsullivan.thedailybeast.com/2012/10/did-obama-just-throw-the-entire-election-away.html

According to the polls that many Dems have been cawing about and pontificating that Romney had no chance, well it seems that the opposite has now occured.

We shall see.LOL!

3Obama done??? Empty Re: Obama done??? 10/9/2012, 11:11 am

Sal

Sal

PACEDOG#1 wrote:

The same polls that you were accusing of nefariously skewing their numbers to help the POTUS get reelected?

https://pensacoladiscussion.forumotion.com/t2519-polls-if-you-must

LMAO!

4Obama done??? Empty Re: Obama done??? 10/9/2012, 11:21 am

knothead

knothead

salinsky wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:

The same polls that you were accusing of nefariously skewing their numbers to help the POTUS get reelected?

LMAO!

Sal, don't ruin PD's day, he's on a sugar high right now!

5Obama done??? Empty Re: Obama done??? 10/9/2012, 11:43 am

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

knothead wrote:
salinsky wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:

LMAO!

No, its that flavorless mush he consumes every day from The Blaze, American Thinker, The Weekly Standard, etc. It doesn't have a lot of nutritional content....

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

6Obama done??? Empty Re: Obama done??? 10/9/2012, 11:44 am

Nekochan

Nekochan

He won't be done until he's lost the election and there is no guarantee about that. It could still go either way.

7Obama done??? Empty Re: Obama done??? 10/9/2012, 11:45 am

Nekochan

Nekochan

knothead wrote:
salinsky wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:

LMAO!

Oh, the polls could still be skewed. Romney might be 10 points ahead instead of 4 or 5 points.

8Obama done??? Empty Re: Obama done??? 10/9/2012, 11:51 am

boards of FL

boards of FL

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/president/2012_elections_electoral_college_map.html

9Obama done??? Empty Re: Obama done??? 10/9/2012, 11:57 am

Sal

Sal

knothead wrote:

I know I should just sit back and enjoy his theatrics, but his behavior really is instructive regarding the nature of the modern conservative movement in the United States. Their worldview is a bizarre reverse scientific method, where they begin with a conclusion, discard all contradictory information, and declare the issue resolved. There is no point in debating people with such a mindset. They sift all information through the filter of their preconceived conclusions and reject anything that doesn't conform to their alternate reality. They use the same method with jobs numbers, global warming studies, foreign policy decisions, and literally everything else. If information conforms to their preconceived view of the world, it instantly becomes an article of faith. If information disputes their preconceived view of the world, it becomes part of a conspiracy theory to undermine them.

When I see the new Pew Poll numbers, I think, "Sheesh, Romney really did get a bump from the debate. We better work harder."

When they see a poll with Romney clearly behind, they think, "The evil polls are skewed to help get the usurper reelected."

This phenomenon is unique to the modern day conservative movement and is one of the main reasons we can no longer have reasonable debate in our Democracy. It's also the reason I reject Bob's "both sides suck equally" religion.

10Obama done??? Empty Re: Obama done??? 10/9/2012, 12:00 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

boards of FL wrote:http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/president/2012_elections_electoral_college_map.html

They have a do your own map feature. Lets you play with the numbers for different win scenarios.
I like Realclearpolitics because they have articles from all points of view.

11Obama done??? Empty Re: Obama done??? 10/9/2012, 12:20 pm

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

salinsky wrote:
knothead wrote:

I know I should just sit back and enjoy his theatrics, but his behavior really is instructive regarding the nature of the modern conservative movement in the United States. Their worldview is a bizarre reverse scientific method, where they begin with a conclusion, discard all contradictory information, and declare the issue resolved. There is no point in debating people with such a mindset. They sift all information through the filter of their preconceived conclusions and reject anything that doesn't conform to their alternate reality. They use the same method with jobs numbers, global warming studies, foreign policy decisions, and literally everything else. If information conforms to their preconceived view of the world, it instantly becomes an article of faith. If information disputes their preconceived view of the world, it becomes part of a conspiracy theory to undermine them.

When I see the new Pew Poll numbers, I think, "Sheesh, Romney really did get a bump from the debate. We better work harder."

When they see a poll with Romney clearly behind, they think, "The evil polls are skewed to help get the usurper reelected."

This phenomenon is unique to the modern day conservative movement and is one of the main reasons we can no longer have reasonable debate in our Democracy. It's also the reason I reject Bob's "both sides suck equally" religion.

You have hit the nail squarely on the head with this post, Sal. After all the lies Mittens threw out during the debate he then had the gaul to tell the president that he could not have his own facts. That's the Rove tactic of attacking your opponent, accusing your opponent of having the characteristic that typifies your own weakest point! So he tells lie after lie and the accuses Obama of having his own facts, priceless.

I heard Bill Clinton quoted this morning, I think it was Mika on Morning Joe. He said something to the effect that in a debate it is better to be 'strong and wrong than weak and right.' This last debate proves that point.

12Obama done??? Empty Re: Obama done??? 10/9/2012, 12:29 pm

Nekochan wrote:
boards of FL wrote:http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/president/2012_elections_electoral_college_map.html

They have a do your own map feature. Lets you play with the numbers for different win scenarios.
I like Realclearpolitics because they have articles from all points of view.

I do too. but I dont think all people understood how they were doing those polls. they were adding D+7 or 9 to the numbers because of the high outcome from 2008 unusual election turn out.

They now see thats not going to be the case.

obama said today that the only way he will win is if his party is "OBCESSIVE" from now till election day

13Obama done??? Empty Re: Obama done??? 10/9/2012, 1:10 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

Right, they take a poll and then play with the results. For example, they'll look at it and see that they polled more land lines than cell phone lines, so then the'll try to make up for that by assuming more younger people will vote than than what were polled. And they do the same thing by political party, gender, age, race, etc and adjust the numbers to try and represent what the voting stats will look like on election day.

14Obama done??? Empty Re: Obama done??? 10/9/2012, 1:35 pm

Margin Call

Margin Call

salinsky wrote:
knothead wrote:

It's far simpler than what you suggest. Their entire political narrative is derived from someone else's script instead of deliberate concern for and seeking out of the facts. Otherwise, you would have to be amazed by how the nutties all describe the political universe in the same exact way, using the same exact words and phrases as the nuttie talking heads.

15Obama done??? Empty Re: Obama done??? 10/9/2012, 2:27 pm

Sal

Sal

Reputable polling firms do not standardize their results by party affiliation. Party affiliation is fluid, not fixed. When a candidate or party is having a particularly good week, that will be reflected in the enthusiasm of members of that party to answer polls and identify themselves with the party. You see that in the bump Willard has received after a strong debate performance. Polling firms are in the business of providing a snapshot of the electorate on a given day, not making predictions. That is the job of Nate Silver, Las Vegas, and Intrade (where Obama retains a commanding lead).

16Obama done??? Empty Re: Obama done??? 10/9/2012, 2:44 pm

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

salinsky wrote:Reputable polling firms do not standardize their results by party affiliation. Party affiliation is fluid, not fixed. When a candidate or party is having a particularly good week, that will be reflected in the enthusiasm of members of that party to answer polls and identify themselves with the party. You see that in the bump Willard has received after a strong debate performance. Polling firms are in the business of providing a snapshot of the electorate on a given day, not making predictions. That is the job of Nate Silver, Las Vegas, and Intrade (where Obama retains a commanding lead).
I suspect the MSM is pumping the tightening of the race to boost income from campaign ads and eyeballs on their screen.
As always, it's the electoral college votes that count.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum