Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

My first grade grandson just informed me.....

+4
Sal
Joanimaroni
PkrBum
2seaoat
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

zsomething

Ah, he'll be fine. Hitler only had one testicle, and he turned out fine.

Um... okay, wait a minute... maybe that's not the best example...

The kid's probably got two, one just hasn't descended yet. He'll be fine, either way. Smile

2seaoat

Too funny. I need to correct a six year old and make him think it is bad to talk about one testicle. You just cannot make this chit up......like having one testicle is going to give someone a complex. I have a feeling both of you have not seen enough testicles to understand basic anatomy, but Mrs. Seaoat patiently explained that her brother had one testicle and was able to have children. My brother in law used to laugh about his one testicle at family events as he called himself "one nut dickie", and oh the complex he had.....he became superintendent of schools at 30 and gets a quarter of million dollar pension......the horror of a six year old having perceptions.......lets write a letter, or better yet lets make a person feel bad about the way they look or were born by scolding a child, like the same is something shameful. Please do not project your body image issues onto innocent children, because in the judgmental world you both live, it apparently has brought you much pain. My son's nickname in high school was T-bone as he was a drummer in a rock and roll band and he shared some things in common with Tommy Lee so the kids gave him the nickname.....of course you would not understand, but kids sometimes are positive about physical things which are out of the norm and do not have "complexes". Too funny having one testicle will give you a complex.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:Too funny.  I need to correct a six year old and make him think it is bad to talk about one testicle.   You just cannot make this chit up......like having one testicle is going to give someone a complex.  I have a feeling both of you have not seen enough testicles to understand basic anatomy, but Mrs. Seaoat patiently explained that her brother had one testicle and was able to have children.  My brother in law used to laugh about his one testicle at family events as he called himself "one nut dickie", and oh the complex he had.....he became superintendent of schools at 30 and gets a quarter of million dollar pension......the horror of a six year old having perceptions.......lets write a letter, or better yet lets make a person feel bad about the way they look or were born by scolding a child, like the same is something shameful.  Please do not project your body image issues onto innocent children, because in the judgmental world you both live, it apparently has brought you much pain.  My son's nickname in high school was T-bone as he was a drummer in a rock and roll band and he shared some things in common with Tommy Lee so the kids gave him the nickname.....of course you would not understand, but kids sometimes are positive about physical things which are out of the norm and do not have "complexes".   Too funny having one testicle will give you a complex.

cheers thank you Seaoat...I agree, nothing wrong with the duscussion.

2seaoat

thank you Seaoat...I agree, nothing wrong with the duscussion

I get people having body image issues and having been picked on as kids. I think it is important to NOT make a big deal out of things beyond our control. People need to become comfortable with who they are and not feel ashamed, but having one testicle is not even close to an issue where somebody has to be up tight. I guess my wife could have freaked out when the youngest said she was old like a dog. She could have made a big deal out of the same rather than smile and laugh as the child was simply giving his perception of the aging process where he associated an old dog with my wife. Now some of our forum members who appear wound a little tight might have freaked out and wanted to discipline the child......that is just not the way we roll, we want our children and grandchildren to become strong and self confident, and certainly not neurotic and uptight about body image.

PkrBum

PkrBum

We still mimic things all of the kids said that were cute as little kids. Nothing beats family get togethers.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

My grandson will be 4 in October.  Above my desk I have a copy of Dali's DISINTEGRATION OF THE PERSISTENCE OF MEMORY.  He always identifies the fish, as he will point out favorite letters, numbers and pictures on his blocks or in books.  But the other thing he says about Dali's painting is that it's "noise." I find that pretty perceptive...as is often the case with children. 

My first grade grandson just informed me..... - Page 2 The-disintegration-of-the-persistence-of-memory

2seaoat

I love that you are exposing your grandchild to art. We will be taking the granddaughters to the art museum again. My oldest granddaughter just loves the place and just gets so excited about the paintings. I will probably take them again in ten days as we make it a ritual when I am getting my shot to have lunch on the 95th floor of the Hancock Building over looking lake Michigan, and then we take a cab back to the Northwestern Hospital parking where because I am a patient we can park for seven hours for only eleven bucks.

I get very excited seeing kids getting excited about art, and only being three hours from Chicago I sometimes do not take enough time in my own backyard to appreciate the world class museums and culture which is abundant and beautiful.

2seaoat

I have asked you this question before and will ask it again: Are you saying that this Bill person is still 'alive' and active on this forum and in touch with you, and has been all along? Please put up or shut up.

Why, you have become entertainment for him, and he loves it. I know I enjoy watching somebody who asked me to leave her alone keep bothering me about Bill.....Abe said....you can fool some of the people some of the time, but not all the people all of the time.....Abe never met some forum members here. Heck, he got me good earlier this year. It was masterful. If you do not mind, I would prefer not being your seeing eye dog in regard to the same. Take a deep breath....no tantrums or holding that breath because you did not get what you wanted because Seaoat shutting up is funny in itself, but putting up for somebody who asked him to leave her alone.....priceless.....who needs the grandkids to get a chuckle when it is so much fun here.

Vikingwoman

Joanimaroni wrote:
2seaoat wrote:Too funny.  I need to correct a six year old and make him think it is bad to talk about one testicle.   You just cannot make this chit up......like having one testicle is going to give someone a complex.  I have a feeling both of you have not seen enough testicles to understand basic anatomy, but Mrs. Seaoat patiently explained that her brother had one testicle and was able to have children.  My brother in law used to laugh about his one testicle at family events as he called himself "one nut dickie", and oh the complex he had.....he became superintendent of schools at 30 and gets a quarter of million dollar pension......the horror of a six year old having perceptions.......lets write a letter, or better yet lets make a person feel bad about the way they look or were born by scolding a child, like the same is something shameful.  Please do not project your body image issues onto innocent children, because in the judgmental world you both live, it apparently has brought you much pain.  My son's nickname in high school was T-bone as he was a drummer in a rock and roll band and he shared some things in common with Tommy Lee so the kids gave him the nickname.....of course you would not understand, but kids sometimes are positive about physical things which are out of the norm and do not have "complexes".   Too funny having one testicle will give you a complex.

cheers   thank you Seaoat...I agree, nothing wrong with the duscussion.

Wow! You two are something else. You think it's ok and funny for a child to shame another child about his testicle? Are you kidding me? There's nothing positive about telling people his brother will never be a baseball player or have kids. What is wrong w/ you both? What will it be next? Telling the kid in a wheel chair he'll never be a track star? Pointing out a cross eyed kid and making him feel he's defective? Geez, nothing like encouraging your kids to belittle other children less perfect. It's your job as an adult and parent to teach your kids that kind of behavior is not ok and it hurts their feelings. WTF!

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

2seaoat wrote:I love that you are exposing your grandchild to art.  We will be taking the granddaughters to the art museum again.  My oldest granddaughter just loves the place and just gets so excited about the paintings.  I will probably take them again in ten days as we make it a ritual when I am getting my shot to have lunch  on the 95th floor of the Hancock Building over looking lake Michigan, and then we take a cab back to the Northwestern Hospital parking where because I am a patient we can park for seven hours for only eleven bucks.

I get very excited seeing kids getting excited about art, and only being three hours from Chicago I sometimes do not take enough time in my own backyard to appreciate the world class museums and culture which is abundant and beautiful.

His sister (9) just finished her 2nd week of classes at First City Art...a little pricey, but materials are included. It's a summer program only. Sorry I didn't recommend it earlier. She is inspired!

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Vikingwoman wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:

cheers   thank you Seaoat...I agree, nothing wrong with the duscussion.

Wow! You two are something else. You think it's ok and funny for a child to shame another child about his testicle? Are you kidding me? There's nothing positive about telling people his brother will never be a baseball player or have kids. What is wrong w/ you both? What will it be next? Telling the kid in a wheel chair he'll never be a track star? Pointing out a cross eyed kid and making him feel he's defective? Geez, nothing like encouraging your kids to belittle other children less perfect. It's your job as an adult and parent to teach your kids that kind of behavior is not ok and it hurts their feelings. WTF!

The child was wrong about his brother and it was pointed out in a positive manner. It was a discussion, not a scolding or shaming.

RealLindaL

2seaoat wrote:I have asked you this question before and will ask it again:  Are you saying that this Bill person is still 'alive' and active on this forum and in touch with you, and has been all along?  Please put up or shut up.

Why, you have become entertainment for him, and he loves it.  I know I enjoy watching somebody who asked me to leave her alone keep bothering me about Bill.....Abe said....you can fool some of the people some of the time, but not all the people all of the time.....Abe never met some forum members here.  Heck, he got me good earlier this year.  It was masterful.  If you do not mind, I would prefer not being your seeing eye dog in regard to the same.   Take a deep breath....no tantrums or holding that breath because you did not get what you wanted because Seaoat shutting up is funny in itself, but putting up for somebody who asked him to leave her alone.....priceless.....who needs the grandkids to get a chuckle when it is so much fun here.

I'm not asking you to be my f'ing "seeing eye dog."  I'm asking you to stand up before this group and state unequivocally that Bill is still here and that you are indeed in contact with him, since you love to imply that all the time, you BIG MAN, you.  Aren't you something, though?  Talk about amusing. You pretend to be so smart and  know-it-all about Bill, but when someone calls you on it and challenges you to stand behind your own half-ass proclamations, you try to turn the tables back around on the questioner.  What a laugh; you're almost as good at the "strike 'em back" diversion method as the jerk in the Oval Office.  Truly, truly pitiful.

Vikingwoman

I don't have an issue w/ the child saying that. Kids say insensitive things. I have an issue w/ an adult not correcting that and allowing the child to repeat something that would be hurtful to the younger child. That's not appropriate and is harmful to the younger child. Saying someone else can have children is not an appropriate response either or a correction that saying those things can hurt his brother's feelings. This would be a teaching moment for most parents on compassion and sensitivity to those who may be less than perfect. Contrary to Oatie's insensitivity to it, it would affect the younger child's self esteem greatly.

2seaoat

Truly, truly pitiful.

Yes it is.

Contrary to Oatie's insensitivity to it, it would affect the younger child's self esteem greatly.

I must agree. The four year old is showing signs of low self esteem. I must agree that the self esteem has greatly been impacted. I can only hope he can get his act together and graduate from high school. With such low self esteem most kids just drop out of high school. With some hard work on sensitivity by my wife and I.....who knows he may make it through high school and learn that his one testicle is ok. Thank you for such excellent insight.

Vikingwoman

He certainly won't learn it's ok from you and siblings that say he'll never be a baseball player. He'll have to get that somewhere else.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

With children, I think it's a good idea to not make mountains out of molehills.

2seaoat

Agree. A four and a six year old do not need a Nancy Grace intervention.....even when she does not know the difference between baseball and basketball. My guess the oldest child heard his parents talking about what sports the youngest child would participate, and the older child overheard their conversation, but that child's perception was innocent and was a molehill. Our letter writer and Nancy are trying very hard to make mountains out of many things, and when they are ridiculed for a lack of common sense and aptitude in that area....want to kill the messenger. Did I find his out of the blue statement funny. Yes I did. Did I somehow encourage him to say the same. No, I did not....but heck I love to get a rise from the letter writer(leave me alone) and Nancy the government is here to protect children. I love this place. almost as much fun as the boys this weekend.

Vikingwoman

Floridatexan wrote:

No just let's wait until he tells other kids so they can bully him. That would be much better. Talking to a child about sensitivity is not making a mountain out of a molehill. It doesn't take long and it's just good parenting and good common sense.

Vikingwoman

2seaoat wrote:With children, I think it's a good idea to not make mountains out of molehills.

Agree.  A four and a six year old do not need a Nancy Grace intervention.....even when she does not know the difference between baseball and basketball.  My guess the oldest child heard his parents talking about what sports the youngest child would participate, and the older child overheard their conversation, but that child's perception was innocent and was a molehill.  Our letter writer and Nancy are trying very hard to make mountains out of many things, and when they are ridiculed for a lack of common sense and aptitude in that area....want to kill the messenger.  Did I find his out of the blue statement funny.  Yes I did.  Did I somehow encourage him to say the same.  No, I did not....but heck I love to get a rise from the letter writer(leave me alone) and Nancy the government is here to protect children.  I love this place.  almost as much fun as the boys this weekend.

You failed the grandparent test, Oatie. You had an opportunity to teach your grandchild sensitivity and instead you thought it was funny. Most grandparents would want to protect their other grandchild's feelings. "F" for you, Joani and FT. Some parenting classes would do you all good.

2seaoat

You failed the grandparent test, Oatie. You had an opportunity to teach your grandchild sensitivity and instead you thought it was funny.

I could say something very mean, but I will not. I do like your assumption that a six year old is displaying insensitivity when you assume he was ridiculing having one testicle. Where does somebody come up with that assumption based up the context of his statements? Without being mean, I will simply say that I would take parenting advice and grandparent advice from somebody more suited for the same. However, it still remains very funny how a child's mind works........at six.......and in Graceland.......

PkrBum

PkrBum

It's interesting how parenting has been directly affected by liberalism. Another example of control and authority disguised as noble intent... results matter. Wussification of the male will wreck society.

2seaoat

Dreams has always favored government agents and their interference in the freedom of the American family. The noble intent has nothing to do with liberalism, rather autocratic rule where the king does no wrong, and we certainly know that she believes the king's soldiers do no wrong. However, the consistent fallacy of her paradigm is that the King and his agents are not immune from mistake, and that citizens in our democracy have liberty and freedom to live their lives without unnecessary intrusions from those who have the most noble intent.

I watch Vice news each night on HBO, and they did a special about vapping. They believe Ron Johnson the Republican in Wisconsin won that seat because the vapping voters are tired of government telling them with the best of noble intentions what they can and cannot do. I have in real life popped the hubris out of many a government agent who has clearly over stepped their role in American society. The shocked look on their faces as somebody tells them no has always tickled me just a little bit. "you cannot do that".........well I just did and you are powerless to change my decision. priceless. However, autocratic control by a few bumbling bureaucrats is easy to crush by simply being good citizens, but it is much more difficult to counter the growing police state which is systematically supported by the Oligarchy.

The very concept of parenting classes is part of that hubris where some ill educated bureaucrat is able to inject their opinions into a family. There certainly are incidents which require the same, but sadly the over stepping by autocratic government agents is part of the open rebellion which results in a clown like President Trump being elected.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PkrBum wrote:We still mimic things all of the kids said that were cute as little kids. Nothing beats family get togethers.

Kids love to hear the stories of when they were young...what they did and said.

They love it when you reminisce... I love to hear their version.

Vikingwoman

2seaoat wrote:You failed the grandparent test, Oatie. You had an opportunity to teach your grandchild sensitivity and instead you thought it was funny.

I could say something very mean, but I will not.  I do like your assumption that a six year old is displaying insensitivity when you assume he was ridiculing having one testicle.   Where does somebody come up with that assumption based up the context of his statements?  Without being mean, I will simply say that I would take parenting advice and grandparent advice from somebody more suited for the same.  However, it still remains very funny how a child's mind works........at six.......and in Graceland.......

Well geez,we have a kid here by your own admission is telling people his brother won't be a baseball player and won't have kids because he has one testicle? Certainly that's not insensitive. By God that funny and we need to let him continue to say such things. So when he gets to school he can point out other kids imperfections and make them feel good.He can then go home and tell his Grandpa so he can get a good laugh and tell him he's such a perceptive kid. No need for parenting advice here. You got Joani and FT to corroborate that and prove it's all govt. interference in wonderful parenting techniques passed down to enhance you're child's development into being the best he can be. I see that along w/ your other uncanny insights. Shocked

2seaoat

It is your interpretation of the child's words which is perverse. It really is that simple. The words were innocent. Your skills on understanding even the most basic things appear to be slipping away. Thankfully, impotent former government bureaucrats are no longer actively able to harm children and families Nancy Grace style. However, you can always come to the forum to display the perverse.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum