This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.


You are not connected. Please login or register

Comey wrote a memo: Trump asked me to shut down the Flynn probe...

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Unbelievable!

This is the beginning of the end. Trump will be out before the end of the year.

Here's the first two paragraphs of the Politico article although there are numerous other credible sources including the NYTimes, which first reported the memo Tuesday night.

"President Donald Trump’s White House was rocked on Tuesday night by allegations that Trump tried to shut down an FBI investigation into one of his former aides, as the administration struggled to manage a growing list of scandals.

"Former FBI Director James Comey detailed in a memo that Trump asked him in the Oval Office to drop the probe into former national security adviser Michael Flynn, according to a friend of Comey, a request that came just one day after Trump ousted Flynn for lying to Vice President Mike Pence about his conversations with the Russian ambassador."


http://www.politico.com/story/2017/05/16/trump-comey-flynn-shutdown-238467

Here's a link to the NYTimes article:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/16/us/politics/james-comey-trump-flynn-russia-investigation.html

What's that smell? It puts me in mind of the Crachit's Christmas dinner.

Whatever could it be, hmm-m-m, let me think.

By Jove, I've think I've got it!

"Bob said he didn't believe there ever was such a goose cooked."
C. Dickens, A Christmas Carol

View user profile http://www.flickr.com/photos/btraven/
del.capslock wrote:Unbelievable!

"Bob said he didn't believe there ever was such a goose cooked."
C. Dickens, A Christmas Carol







Yeah Bob was a cool member may he rest in peace.

View user profile
Telstar wrote:
Yeah Bob was a cool member may he rest in peace.

Huh? Sorry, that reference went right over my head.

View user profile http://www.flickr.com/photos/btraven/
Huh? Sorry, that reference went right over my head.

Yep, we have noticed concepts floating right by your head. So, if it is obstruction of justice which was attempted in February, how do you explain the delay in reporting the same. It was convenient that the memos are being discussed after the firing, and not when he was the director where he had more than one opportunity to report the memo to Justice, or to congress in closed session, it appears he did nothing. We need to hear from the former FBI director why he delayed.

View user profile
del.capslock wrote:
Telstar wrote:
Yeah Bob was a cool member may he rest in peace.

Huh? Sorry, that reference went right over my head.




Bob was a long time member of this forum. He had some pretty good posts. Liked the Allman Brothers. Passed away last year. It wasn't a sock thing. Bob seemed quite amused over all the whoop de doo about socks on this forum.

View user profile
Telstar wrote: Bob seemed quite amused over all the whoop de doo about socks on this forum.

As am I. Thanks for the clarification.

View user profile http://www.flickr.com/photos/btraven/
del.capslock wrote:
Telstar wrote: Bob seemed quite amused over all the whoop de doo about socks on this forum.

As am I. Thanks for the clarification.




If you have some time you can find his posts in the back pages. Big movie fan. Tor Johnson. They say he ruled the PNJ.

View user profile
Telstar wrote:
If you have some time you can find his posts in the back pages. Big movie fan. Tor Johnson. They say he ruled the PNJ.

Ok, thanks.

Back pages, you say. Hmm-m-m-m.

But I was so much older then...   well, you know the rest.


View user profile http://www.flickr.com/photos/btraven/
2seaoat wrote: So, if it is obstruction of justice which was attempted in February, how do you explain the delay in reporting the same.  

Asked and answered, your honor.

I'm not going to do your homework for you. That objection has already been refuted by numerous reputable scholars and journalists.

You're sitting at a computer that's linked to the greatest engine for the dissemination of information in the history of mankind, yet you continue to display intellectual sloth by not using it.

Do some minimal checking before you bleat out your silly-ass opinions and adolescent speculations. Spend more time researching than you do inflicting your drivel on the world.

View user profile http://www.flickr.com/photos/btraven/
2seaoat wrote:Huh? Sorry, that reference went right over my head.

Yep, we have noticed concepts floating right by your head.  So, if it is obstruction of justice which was attempted in February, how do you explain the delay in reporting the same.  It was convenient that the memos are being discussed after the firing, and not when he was the director where he had more than one opportunity to report the memo to Justice, or to congress in closed session, it appears he did nothing.  We need to hear from the former FBI director why he delayed.  

I would like to hear from the former FBI Director why he delayed the Russia collusion investigation into Trump but managed to bring the Clinton investigation to the forefront.

View user profile
del.capslock wrote:
2seaoat wrote: So, if it is obstruction of justice which was attempted in February, how do you explain the delay in reporting the same.  

Asked and answered, your honor.

I'm not going to do your homework for you. That objection has already been refuted by numerous reputable scholars and journalists.

You're sitting at a computer that's linked to the greatest engine for the dissemination of information in the history of mankind, yet you continue to display intellectual sloth by not using it.

Do some minimal checking before you bleat out your silly-ass opinions and adolescent speculations. Spend more time researching than you do inflicting your drivel on the world.

Please stop the personal attacks. Thanks.

View user profile
Floridatexan wrote:
Please stop the personal attacks.  Thanks.


Read the whole thread.

And by the way, Keith Richards uses a capo... sometimes.

View user profile http://www.flickr.com/photos/btraven/
There are no personal attacks. Just comedy. He makes me giggle. Asked and answered.....by a journalist. You just cannot make up that kind of stupid. Tex. That was not a personal attack, just my eyes rolling to my back of my head as a journalist explains how on cross how Comey can explain the delay, when he is a licensed attorney and has an ethical duty to disclose a crime. However, it was answered by a journalist, or maybe he did not think it raised to the level of a crime of obstruction at the time, and now believes it was improper. It goes to credibility. Comey has a stellar reputation so I would give him the benefit of the doubt, but why did the acting FBI director not tell congress that in fact there has been an attempt to shut down the investigation. President Trump need to resign and plays some golf because all this work he is doing has him confused.

View user profile
2seaoat wrote:  Comey has a stellar reputation so I would give him the benefit of the doubt, but why did the acting FBI director not tell congress that in fact there has been an attempt to shut down the investigation.

That precise question has already been answered by several legal scholars and academics including Lawrence Tribe and Alan Dershowitz.

Do some research before you post nonsense.

View user profile http://www.flickr.com/photos/btraven/
2seaoat wrote:There are no personal attacks.  Just comedy.  He makes me giggle.  Asked and answered.....by a journalist.   You just cannot make up that kind of stupid.  Tex.  That was not a personal attack, just my eyes rolling to my back of my head as a journalist explains how on cross how Comey can explain the delay, when he is a licensed attorney and has an ethical duty to disclose a crime.   However, it was answered by a journalist, or maybe he did not think it raised to the level of a crime of obstruction at the time, and now believes it was improper.  It goes to credibility.  Comey has a stellar reputation so I would give him the benefit of the doubt, but why did the acting FBI director not tell congress that in fact there has been an attempt to shut down the investigation.  President Trump need to resign and plays some golf because all this work he is doing has him confused.

He's not confused. His agenda has always been the same: advancing his personal fortunes, and the public be damned.

View user profile
del.capslock wrote:
2seaoat wrote:  Comey has a stellar reputation so I would give him the benefit of the doubt, but why did the acting FBI director not tell congress that in fact there has been an attempt to shut down the investigation.

That precise question has already been answered by several legal scholars and academics including Lawrence Tribe and Alan Dershowitz.

Do some research before you post nonsense.

I wouldn't trust a word from Alan Dershowitz' mouth.

View user profile
Comey had no duty to report the conversation to Congress because it was still an ongoing investigation. The conversation became part of the evidence against Trump and his campaign. You should know this Oatie.

View user profile
What evidence? I don't find a comey memo credible considering his Hillary report. Let's see them all.

View user profile
Oh shut up Pkr. You have no credibility in your opinions.

View user profile
PkrBum wrote:What evidence? I don't find a comey memo credible considering his Hillary report. Let's see them all.

Perhaps the new Special Counsel, former FBI Director Robert Mueller will find the evidence.

Oh, wait, maybe not, since he's INVESTIGATING TRUMP!

Aw, poor little PkrBoy, disappointed again. Don't cry, little PkrBoy.

View user profile http://www.flickr.com/photos/btraven/

Comey isn't the only one Trump approached about shutting down the investigation:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/trump-asked-intelligence-chiefs-to-push-back-against-fbi-collusion-probe-after-comey-revealed-its-existence/2017/05/22/394933bc-3f10-11e7-9869-bac8b446820a_story.html?utm_term=.81e72b239c0d

"President Trump asked two of the nation’s top intelligence officials in March to help him push back against an FBI investigation into possible coordination between his campaign and the Russian government, according to current and former officials.

Trump made separate appeals to the director of national intelligence, Daniel Coats, and to Adm. Michael S. Rogers, the director of the National Security Agency, urging them to publicly deny the existence of any evidence of collusion during the 2016 election.

Coats and Rogers refused to comply with the requests, which they both deemed to be inappropriate, according to two current and two former officials, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss private communications with the president.

Trump sought the assistance of Coats and Rogers after FBI Director James B. Comey told the House Intelligence Committee on March 20 that the FBI was investigating “the nature of any links between individuals associated with the Trump campaign and the Russian government and whether there was any coordination between the campaign and Russia’s efforts.”

Trump’s conversation with Rogers was documented contemporaneously in an internal memo written by a senior NSA official, according to the officials. It is unclear if a similar memo was prepared by the Office of the Director of National Intelligence to document Trump’s conversation with Coats. Officials said such memos could be made available to both the special counsel now overseeing the Russia investigation and congressional investigators, who might explore whether Trump sought to impede the FBI’s work..."

View user profile
Floridatexan wrote:
Comey isn't the only one Trump approached about shutting down the investigation:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/trump-asked-intelligence-chiefs-to-push-back-against-fbi-collusion-probe-after-comey-revealed-its-existence/2017/05/22/394933bc-3f10-11e7-9869-bac8b446820a_story.html?utm_term=.81e72b239c0d

"President Trump asked two of the nation’s top intelligence officials in March to help him push back against an FBI investigation into possible coordination between his campaign and the Russian government, according to current and former officials.

Trump made separate appeals to the director of national intelligence, Daniel Coats, and to Adm. Michael S. Rogers, the director of the National Security Agency, urging them to publicly deny the existence of any evidence of collusion during the 2016 election.

Coats and Rogers refused to comply with the requests, which they both deemed to be inappropriate, according to two current and two former officials, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss private communications with the president.

Trump sought the assistance of Coats and Rogers after FBI Director James B. Comey told the House Intelligence Committee on March 20 that the FBI was investigating “the nature of any links between individuals associated with the Trump campaign and the Russian government and whether there was any coordination between the campaign and Russia’s efforts.”

Trump’s conversation with Rogers was documented contemporaneously in an internal memo written by a senior NSA official, according to the officials. It is unclear if a similar memo was prepared by the Office of the Director of National Intelligence to document Trump’s conversation with Coats. Officials said such memos could be made available to both the special counsel now overseeing the Russia investigation and congressional investigators, who might explore whether Trump sought to impede the FBI’s work..."


YEAH! Take that, PkrBoy!

View user profile http://www.flickr.com/photos/btraven/
"according to current and former officials"... more anonymous conjecture and leaked bias.

Try to keep your pants dry. If there's a there there... we'll find out in testimony under oath.

View user profile

Guest


Guest
Vikingwoman wrote:Comey had no duty to report the conversation to Congress because it was still an ongoing investigation. The conversation became part of the evidence against Trump and his campaign. You should know this Oatie.

That would be a giant False.

[quote="Waiting"]
Vikingwoman wrote:Comey had no duty to report the conversation to Congress because it was still an ongoing investigation. The conversation became part of the evidence against Trump and his campaign. You should know this Oatie.

That would be a giant False.[/quote

No it wouldn't. Trump saying he hoped Comey would find his way to let go of Flynn was not an obstruction. Although people can argue since Trump was his employer it was. When Trump fired him over it then it became an obstruction.

View user profile

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum