Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Do you think moving the estate tax exemption from 125k to 4million is correct?

4 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

2seaoat

I do not. I think that taxing a 125k estate was absurd, but going to a four million dollar for a couple estate exemption is obscene. One million per person, or two million for a couple is more than generous.

Is anybody on this forum going to have an estate valued over four million?

My estate will not be over four million. At one time perhaps......but even successful business people can use estate tax planning and transfer properties in their estate plan which avoids even the four million dollar threshold of taxation. Romney wants to abolish the estate tax. Few on these forums are impacted by this tax, yet when it was 125k, small business owners were reinvesting in their business.....not cashing out and paying no taxes and building houses on barrier islands, and putting their money in an account in the Caymans. The choice is clear.....how can the loss of tax on the wealthy after they die not burden the average middle class taxpayer? Please tell me how the burden will not shift to the middle class. It was one thing in 1980 when you only got 125k protection from estate taxes and your business had to raise capital to pay after the death of the owner of a small business......but a four million dollar exemption is plenty. Do you realize with the abolishing of the estate tax we will give a stepped up basis on property and there will not even be a capital gains tax paid on the transfers. Billions and billions of lost revenue.....and you do not think you are going to make up the difference......

Americans must wake up from their slumber. Our nation is being stolen. These issues are not that complex.....they actually are simple.....if we do not collect revenue here....we must collect it somewhere else....or we go into debt.

It would be nice if you could give links to what your reading that has you in such a tizzy...

2seaoat

I do not have to link what I know....google historic estate tax rates. Do you understand that the country has this huge wealth loss in the middle class and during the same period the wealthy continued to have a greater percentage of the GDP....you can google that too.....but I already know this.....so when I hear candidate Romney argue that he will be revenue neutral with these proposed tax cuts.....it is a lie.....not a little lie......a BIG lie....and if you cannot get your arms around the math....no amount of links, or discussion will work.....it is so simple, that it really becomes a question of integrity or intelligence. An intelligent person has to be so lacking in integrity to reach the decision that what Romney is peddling is the truth, or that person may have the highest integrity, but simply lacks the intelligence to grasp these elementary concepts of math. I am not trying to insult anybody, but there can be no other explanation. The estate tax worked for 70 years and we have mucked the thing up and we wonder why the middle class is evaporating.....and people on this forum think abolishing the estate tax is good for America.

2seaoat wrote:I do not have to link what I know....google historic estate tax rates. Do you understand that the country has this huge wealth loss in the middle class and during the same period the wealthy continued to have a greater percentage of the GDP....you can google that too.....but I already know this.....so when I hear candidate Romney argue that he will be revenue neutral with these proposed tax cuts.....it is a lie.....not a little lie......a BIG lie....and if you cannot get your arms around the math....no amount of links, or discussion will work.....it is so simple, that it really becomes a question of integrity or intelligence. An intelligent person has to be so lacking in integrity to reach the decision that what Romney is peddling is the truth, or that person may have the highest integrity, but simply lacks the intelligence to grasp these elementary concepts of math. I am not trying to insult anybody, but there can be no other explanation. The estate tax worked for 70 years and we have mucked the thing up and we wonder why the middle class is evaporating.....and people on this forum think abolishing the estate tax is good for America.

well you need to find a god damn link then. No one else gets a pass when they post numerical data, why should you.

Academy of Estate Planning Attorneys.

This year, estates under $5 million are exempt from the tax. Amounts above that are taxed up to a top rate of 35%. (See how many Americans have at least $2 million in wealth.)

Next year, barring congressional action, the exemption level falls to $1 million, and the top rate jumps to 55%. There will also be 5% surtax on a portion of very large taxable estates.

That suits some liberals just fine. But Mitt Romney, along with many conservatives, wants to repeal the estate tax altogether. If that doesn't fly, conservatives would at least like to preserve the current $5 million exemption level at 35%.

President Obama wants to split the difference: an exemption level of $3.5 million and a top rate of 45%. Those were the levels in 2009
http://money.cnn.com/2012/06/01/pf/taxes/estate_tax_increase/index.htm

doesnt look like it effects too many people, especially me since im poor. Guess what, in jan 2013 the tax will be for 1 million. I bet that will get you huh.. Crying or Very sad

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:I do not. I think that taxing a 125k estate was absurd, but going to a four million dollar for a couple estate exemption is obscene. One million per person, or two million for a couple is more than generous.

Is anybody on this forum going to have an estate valued over four million?

My estate will not be over four million. At one time perhaps......but even successful business people can use estate tax planning and transfer properties in their estate plan which avoids even the four million dollar threshold of taxation. Romney wants to abolish the estate tax. Few on these forums are impacted by this tax, yet when it was 125k, small business owners were reinvesting in their business.....not cashing out and paying no taxes and building houses on barrier islands, and putting their money in an account in the Caymans. The choice is clear.....how can the loss of tax on the wealthy after they die not burden the average middle class taxpayer? Please tell me how the burden will not shift to the middle class. It was one thing in 1980 when you only got 125k protection from estate taxes and your business had to raise capital to pay after the death of the owner of a small business......but a four million dollar exemption is plenty. Do you realize with the abolishing of the estate tax we will give a stepped up basis on property and there will not even be a capital gains tax paid on the transfers. Billions and billions of lost revenue.....and you do not think you are going to make up the difference......

Americans must wake up from their slumber. Our nation is being stolen. These issues are not that complex.....they actually are simple.....if we do not collect revenue here....we must collect it somewhere else....or we go into debt.

The DEATH TAX should be ZERO. PERIOD.

2seaoat

The DEATH TAX should be ZERO. PERIOD.

Nope......You call yourself a Republican, but tell me how the abolishing the estate tax, ATM, capital gains tax, and lowering across the board 20% of revenue collection can be offset by a very clever cafeteria plan proposed by Romney.....It is worse than the voodoo economics which was rebutted in the 80s.....you can argue with Boards on the stats....but he is right....so tell this fiscal conservative Republican how we can get balanced budgets without revenues and cuts in government. ALL BED TIME REQUIREMENTS SHOULD BE BANNED......BUT MY FOUR YEAR OLD GRANDDAUGHTER IS NOT RUNNING THIS COUNTRY....GROWNUPS ONCE WERE.

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

It's a frigkin tax on AFTER TAX dollars.

Did you miss that?

2seaoat wrote:I do not have to link what I know....google historic estate tax rates. Do you understand that the country has this huge wealth loss in the middle class and during the same period the wealthy continued to have a greater percentage of the GDP....you can google that too.....but I already know this.....so when I hear candidate Romney argue that he will be revenue neutral with these proposed tax cuts.....it is a lie.....not a little lie......a BIG lie....and if you cannot get your arms around the math....no amount of links, or discussion will work.....it is so simple, that it really becomes a question of integrity or intelligence. An intelligent person has to be so lacking in integrity to reach the decision that what Romney is peddling is the truth, or that person may have the highest integrity, but simply lacks the intelligence to grasp these elementary concepts of math. I am not trying to insult anybody, but there can be no other explanation. The estate tax worked for 70 years and we have mucked the thing up and we wonder why the middle class is evaporating.....and people on this forum think abolishing the estate tax is good for America.

Seaoat, you have to understand these republicans here have no interest in what's going to affect them. They are just against Obama and everything he says and does. It makes me laugh at how they are cutting their own throats to support the rich folks who have been screwing them for years.They don't seem to get they are the middle class. No matter who is running for President I'm not going to screw myself to support a party.They are incredibly dumb.

Rogue wrote:

well you need to find a god damn link then. No one else gets a pass when they post numerical data, why should you.

Academy of Estate Planning Attorneys.

This year, estates under $5 million are exempt from the tax. Amounts above that are taxed up to a top rate of 35%. (See how many Americans have at least $2 million in wealth.)

Next year, barring congressional action, the exemption level falls to $1 million, and the top rate jumps to 55%. There will also be 5% surtax on a portion of very large taxable estates.

That suits some liberals just fine. But Mitt Romney, along with many conservatives, wants to repeal the estate tax altogether. If that doesn't fly, conservatives would at least like to preserve the current $5 million exemption level at 35%.

President Obama wants to split the difference: an exemption level of $3.5 million and a top rate of 45%. Those were the levels in 2009
http://money.cnn.com/2012/06/01/pf/taxes/estate_tax_increase/index.htm

doesnt look like it effects too many people, especially me since im poor. Guess what, in jan 2013 the tax will be for 1 million. I bet that will get you huh.. Crying or Very sad
Sure it will affect you.You just don't get it. The money they don't pay in taxes will have to come from somewhere and guess where? LOL! They're laughing their ass's all the way to the bank because of people like you.

no stress

no stress

This is essential for farmers sons and family to be able to continue the family farm when dad passes. The same could hold true for the family of a business owner who would like to continue the family business.

2seaoat

Yes it is......and what exactly is the tax on a dividend? The money a corporation gives out as dividends is after tax dollars......and kabooom! it gets taxed again......your measurement of what gets taxed has nothing to do with what the alternative will become. When wealthy people have so little economic patriotism to this nation or its citizens.....they do not want to pay taxes at all......then leave this country. Go to the Caymans or Bermuda and live a life of wealth and ease, but our tax code represents a set of priorities. When a fireman and his family, or an insurance broker and his family is making 75k a year.....how many folks are going to leave them an estate over 4 or 5 million......how many of those same folks have the extra cash to invest in stocks and receive dividends with after tax dollars.....not too many.

However, Mitt Romney gets up and says that he will balance the budget by creating his cafeteria plan with a cap on deductions.....nope....will not close the 10 trillion dollar gap....not the 7 trillion dollar Obama was talking about, because they were just talking about the 20% cut.....nope this country has worked just fine when the capital gains were 28%, and people actually rather than paying dividends would grow the company and create jobs. The tax code is the ethics code of a nation......and those who think because dividends and the estate tax are a so called double taxation.....sorry....this nation boomed when it was almost double the capital gains, and the exemption was 50 times smaller than today. It will boom again when the selfish people who have betrayed this nation are held accountable. We will have balanced budgets, and we will have real GDP growth....and real fiscal republicans will not longer listen to this crap that taxes should be zero and American citizens are takers.....the only takers in the last 30 years have been the very poor and the very wealthy.....and both are fair game for reform.
Welcome back Stormy......we just pick up where we left off.

2seaoat wrote:Yes it is......and what exactly is the tax on a dividend? The money a corporation gives out as dividends is after tax dollars......and kabooom! it gets taxed again......your measurement of what gets taxed has nothing to do with what the alternative will become. When wealthy people have so little economic patriotism to this nation or its citizens.....they do not want to pay taxes at all......then leave this country. Go to the Caymans or Bermuda and live a life of wealth and ease, but our tax code represents a set of priorities. When a fireman and his family, or an insurance broker and his family is making 75k a year.....how many folks are going to leave them an estate over 4 or 5 million......how many of those same folks have the extra cash to invest in stocks and receive dividends with after tax dollars.....not too many.

However, Mitt Romney gets up and says that he will balance the budget by creating his cafeteria plan with a cap on deductions.....nope....will not close the 10 trillion dollar gap....not the 7 trillion dollar Obama was talking about, because they were just talking about the 20% cut.....nope this country has worked just fine when the capital gains were 28%, and people actually rather than paying dividends would grow the company and create jobs. The tax code is the ethics code of a nation......and those who think because dividends and the estate tax are a so called double taxation.....sorry....this nation boomed when it was almost double the capital gains, and the exemption was 50 times smaller than today. It will boom again when the selfish people who have betrayed this nation are held accountable. We will have balanced budgets, and we will have real GDP growth....and real fiscal republicans will not longer listen to this crap that taxes should be zero and American citizens are takers.....the only takers in the last 30 years have been the very poor and the very wealthy.....and both are fair game for reform.

I sincerely do not think you can atribute the capital gains tax to having anything to do with the country booming during that time. Its a relativly little amount of collections in the whole scheme of things. I read on one of the links I gave you recently that said there are only 3600 people with more than 5 million dollars in the country.

seems to me that the best way for economic growth is to have the majority of people working, paying taxes at a lower rate, not have all this inflation to where the working people end up spending all there money just to put food on the table but some left over to buy cars, boats and other items that boost bussinesses. Not people on food stamps which is a drain on the system.

Right now we have a terrible inbalance of takers and producers and the left likes it that way because those are thier "majority base".

The most important thing for this country right now is to get people back to work and off the gov teet. And IMHO its not more regulation which stagnates buss growth or more taxes which stagnates buss growth. You know this too well. You know very well that you wouldnt hire another person if you had to write a big fat check at the end of the year to the gov, or quarterly which ever it is that you do.

bussinesses have been scared from day one of obama, with reason too. obama is anti-bussiness. They know it and we are all suffering from it.

You can not legislate economic patriotism.

You cant take from producers and give it to takers.

You cant pick winners and losers at the gov level

You can instill class warfare as we have now.

economic patriotism is in fact fairness for all, even those who have made better for themsleves from the same oppertunities that have been provided to every single individual in this country. The chance to do well. And punishing those who do well will produce a society that looses its drive to do well, the ending result a country full of takers, with a few extremly rich at the top dooling out the crumbs to the peasant masses. And the odds are those doing the dooling and having the most wealth will be in our Gov. And dont tell me this senario cant happen. It has.

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

Well said.

Why can't people understand that if the 47% who pay no taxes were to be included in the equation.......we'd all be better off???

SO........I've paid my taxes and do so quarterly...........let me die, tax free?

Why else would we strive to achieve and isn't that what this country is all about?

Freedom to achieve?

I love the concept.

stormwatch89 wrote:Well said.

Why can't people understand that if the 47% who pay no taxes were to be included in the equation.......we'd all be better off???

SO........I've paid my taxes and do so quarterly...........let me die, tax free?

Why else would we strive to achieve and isn't that what this country is all about?

Freedom to achieve?

I love the concept.

So do I. And seaoat spent his entire life becoming sucessfull off that concept.

I'm glad your back I need help on this. Its taking way too much of my sexy time away trying to explain all this. Razz

Rogue wrote:
2seaoat wrote:Yes it is......and what exactly is the tax on a dividend? The money a corporation gives out as dividends is after tax dollars......and kabooom! it gets taxed again......your measurement of what gets taxed has nothing to do with what the alternative will become. When wealthy people have so little economic patriotism to this nation or its citizens.....they do not want to pay taxes at all......then leave this country. Go to the Caymans or Bermuda and live a life of wealth and ease, but our tax code represents a set of priorities. When a fireman and his family, or an insurance broker and his family is making 75k a year.....how many folks are going to leave them an estate over 4 or 5 million......how many of those same folks have the extra cash to invest in stocks and receive dividends with after tax dollars.....not too many.

I sincerely do not think you can atribute the capital gains tax to having anything to do with the country booming during that time. Its a relativly little amount of collections in the whole scheme of things. I read on one of the links I gave you recently that said there are only 3600 people with more than 5 million dollars in the country.

seems to me that the best way for economic growth is to have the majority of people working, paying taxes at a lower rate, not have all this inflation to where the working people end up spending all there money just to put food on the table but some left over to buy cars, boats and other items that boost bussinesses. Not people on food stamps which is a drain on the system.

Right now we have a terrible inbalance of takers and producers and the left likes it that way because those are thier "majority base".

The most important thing for this country right now is to get people back to work and off the gov teet. And IMHO its not more regulation which stagnates buss growth or more taxes which stagnates buss growth. You know this too well. You know very well that you wouldnt hire another person if you had to write a big fat check at the end of the year to the gov, or quarterly which ever it is that you do.

bussinesses have been scared from day one of obama, with reason too. obama is anti-bussiness. They know it and we are all suffering from it.

You can not legislate economic patriotism.

You cant take from producers and give it to takers.

You cant pick winners and losers at the gov level

You can instill class warfare as we have now.

economic patriotism is in fact fairness for all, even those who have made better for themsleves from the same oppertunities that have been provided to every single individual in this country. The chance to do well. And punishing those who do well will produce a society that looses its drive to do well, the ending result a country full of takers, with a few extremly rich at the top dooling out the crumbs to the peasant masses. And the odds are those doing the dooling and having the most wealth will be in our Gov. And dont tell me this senario cant happen. It has.

This is the horseshit that the republicans are doling out.The very poor don't have the opportunities to do well because they don't have the resources to take advantage of them.You take someone in SRC who needs a job but they can't get to that job because they don't have a car.They can't get a car because they don't have a job. I see this everyday.We have a program in our company that gets taxes exempted for hiring a welfare person but do other companies hire that person for the tax deduction.No!They don't want them so they hire college grads for low paying jobs because they can.The chances for poor to succeed are slim but then we complain about the 47% who don't pay taxes. You take 20% out of a minimum wage persons pay and you leave them barely surviving.The cost of childcare alone eats up what they make.People are clueless to the plight of the poor.

2seaoat

Sorry folks we have 16 trillion dollars debt and it is not just the 6% of deadbeats who got us there. Estate taxes have always been fair. Taxes on dividends has always been fair. The ATM calculations have always been fair. Capital gains taxes have always been fair. It is absurd to even have a conversation with folks who do not want to pay anything, because they are the problem. They have bought the congress and we have seen top rates cut in half in the last 30 years. Where is the concept of moderation, and balanced approach to running this country. The bootstrap generalizations because of lazy mopes and dopes who are structurally in our system around 6-8%......the 47% are mostly senior citizens who have done their duty.

So let us talk about the fantasy. Good corn farm land can go as high as 10k an acre. Currently a person can die with a 500 acre farm and never have to pay a dime. 200 bushels an acre midwest farmland is getting $7 buck a bushel or 1,400 gross receipts or 700k gross receipts for that 500 acre farm......I will be generous as to costs, but lets say the farmer after fertilizer, fuel and depreciation on equipment is clearing 350k. Now the example I am giving is a real example. For the last 20 years this 500 acre farm has been getting 40k annual farm subsidy. So this farmer this year will be making around 390k.

So farmer and wife die, and this farm passes to their children tax free. Now in 1980 that same farm would pay about 200k estate tax because the exemption was only 125K. The federal government has lost 200k revenue on the transfer of this farm, and cannot even get capital gains tax treatment of a long term capital asset which would currently be 75k......nothing under the current law. Do you realize how many trillions of dollars has been lost by going to far in lowering the estate tax.

So what is the answer. Drop the estate tax back to one million per person. It is real simple to execute an estate plan and transfer assets during a lifetime, but at 1 million that farmer is now going to pay around 100k plus or minus dollars. Now Gunz makes a good point.....in the old days it was a real problem, but you are talking about 25% of one years earning on that 500 acre farm......or better yet get a 100k loan and pay the tax, and collect your 40k farm subsidy and pay your tax. Sorry, there is nothing worse than selfish people who think carrying a 16 trillion dollar debt is the fault of the 6% of the deadbeats.....it is not.....it has been the abandonment of common sense and not returning our rates to where we can balance our budgets. If you do not want to live in America and support this country economically move........otherwise pay your fair share.

2seaoat wrote:Sorry folks we have 16 trillion dollars debt and it is not just the 6% of deadbeats who got us there. Estate taxes have always been fair. Taxes on dividends has always been fair. The ATM calculations have always been fair. Capital gains taxes have always been fair. It is absurd to even have a conversation with folks who do not want to pay anything, because they are the problem. They have bought the congress and we have seen top rates cut in half in the last 30 years. Where is the concept of moderation, and balanced approach to running this country. The bootstrap generalizations because of lazy mopes and dopes who are structurally in our system around 6-8%......the 47% are mostly senior citizens who have done their duty.

So let us talk about the fantasy. Good corn farm land can go as high as 10k an acre. Currently a person can die with a 500 acre farm and never have to pay a dime. 200 bushels an acre midwest farmland is getting $7 buck a bushel or 1,400 gross receipts or 700k gross receipts for that 500 acre farm......I will be generous as to costs, but lets say the farmer after fertilizer, fuel and depreciation on equipment is clearing 350k. Now the example I am giving is a real example. For the last 20 years this 500 acre farm has been getting 40k annual farm subsidy. So this farmer this year will be making around 390k.

So farmer and wife die, and this farm passes to their children tax free. Now in 1980 that same farm would pay about 200k estate tax because the exemption was only 125K. The federal government has lost 200k revenue on the transfer of this farm, and cannot even get capital gains tax treatment of a long term capital asset which would currently be 75k......nothing under the current law. Do you realize how many trillions of dollars has been lost by going to far in lowering the estate tax.

So what is the answer. Drop the estate tax back to one million per person. It is real simple to execute an estate plan and transfer assets during a lifetime, but at 1 million that farmer is now going to pay around 100k plus or minus dollars. Now Gunz makes a good point.....in the old days it was a real problem, but you are talking about 25% of one years earning on that 500 acre farm......or better yet get a 100k loan and pay the tax, and collect your 40k farm subsidy and pay your tax. Sorry, there is nothing worse than selfish people who think carrying a 16 trillion dollar debt is the fault of the 6% of the deadbeats.....it is not.....it has been the abandonment of common sense and not returning our rates to where we can balance our budgets. If you do not want to live in America and support this country economically move........otherwise pay your fair share.

I pay about $20,000 a year in taxes. The last few years Ive only gotten back about 25% of that due to child tax credits. Unlike YOU, I will never see a retirement. I will work till I drop over dead. Ive had my retirement fund wiped out practically 3 times in the last decade. 2001, 2008 and most recently due to my own struggles.

it is a well known fact that Gen X is fucked. unless they are gov employees with that big fat PENSION plan that is larger than our entire DEFENSE budget.

medicare will not be there for me, SS will not be there for me. and I will more than likely not be there for me. I am your typical american middle class worker. Whos life revolves around nothing more important than getting my mule ass up everyday to go to work. dont matter if I am sick. i must go work. and I will die at work.

so when you go on about all these cuts that effect my employer, your fucking me over. Because I know all to well, my employers are not going to give me a raise so I can save up. Just the oposit. they will hire younger cheaper labor and replace me. which is the way this economy is working now.

The only thing that has kept me in the workforce is my great knowledge of my profession. thats for now.

soon enough I expect that things will be so tight that quality no longer matters and only numbers matters. thats when I cease to matter and have to lower my standard of living and still I get to die at my pathetic job working.

but none of that matters to people like yall. all that matters is things are eqaul

and I have a iguana loose on my lanai Neutral

excuse me

2seaoat

You will get every dime of your social security and medicare will be alive and well when your retire. The only thing wrong with America is that you have been brainwashed that somehow letting that farmer's family pocket 40k a year subsidy, and then avoid even long term capital gains tax or estate tax when they die and hand to their kids almost a 400k a year income without paying one dime of taxes which were historically paid. The only way the deficit will be balanced is on your back. This is not socialism, this is common sense paying our bills and balancing the budget. Parts of Romney's tax plan are actually very good. However, it is idiotic to think you can make taxes revenue neutral dropping the ATM, capital gains, the estate tax, and then putting whipped cream on this BS....cut across the board another 20%.

We do not need some kind of revolution. We do not need the far left or the far right to dictate to us about how we have to care about the 6% deadbeats, or the 1% wealthy......I am concerned with the other 93% of Americans and how to increase the median income of the same. You continue to vote against your interest, but at some point when we are allowing five million dollar farms to pass tax free guaranteeing close to 400k to descendants.....tell me what you are going to leave your children. Will they have schools with no tax revenue. Will they have a defense department. Will they have roads and bridges. No, a million dollar exemption is plenty in 2012 dollars and there are solid estate planning techniques to transfer wealth to your children without robbing America.

Stormy's argument that the Estate tax is a tax on top of a tax.....so what....16 trillion dollars in debt and nobody is taking their wealth to the grave, and this country is about the living. As a life long Republican I find this irresponsible platform to be against everything I have believed for forty years. You cannot make this country work without raising capital gains back to 20%, rolling back the Bush tax cuts on anybody making over 200k, bring the estate tax exemption back down to a million, and go with Romney's cap on deductions. We need common sense. We need economic patriotism. I am tired of hearing about the 6% deadbeats why you vote against your economic interests.....focus.

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

Ah, SO we do remain stubborn! When I make it to the Caymens, join me for a cup of tea?

Dreams, you remind me of a class I had in college. The prof went on and on about how the poor couldn't use a bar of soap because they hadn't been taught how to use same.

Come on?!

2seaoat wrote:You will get every dime of your social security and medicare will be alive and well when your retire. The only thing wrong with America is that you have been brainwashed that somehow letting that farmer's family pocket 40k a year subsidy, and then avoid even long term capital gains tax or estate tax when they die and hand to their kids almost a 400k a year income without paying one dime of taxes which were historically paid. The only way the deficit will be balanced is on your back. This is not socialism, this is common sense paying our bills and balancing the budget. Parts of Romney's tax plan are actually very good. However, it is idiotic to think you can make taxes revenue neutral dropping the ATM, capital gains, the estate tax, and then putting whipped cream on this BS....cut across the board another 20%.

We do not need some kind of revolution. We do not need the far left or the far right to dictate to us about how we have to care about the 6% deadbeats, or the 1% wealthy......I am concerned with the other 93% of Americans and how to increase the median income of the same. You continue to vote against your interest, but at some point when we are allowing five million dollar farms to pass tax free guaranteeing close to 400k to descendants.....tell me what you are going to leave your children. Will they have schools with no tax revenue. Will they have a defense department. Will they have roads and bridges. No, a million dollar exemption is plenty in 2012 dollars and there are solid estate planning techniques to transfer wealth to your children without robbing America.

Stormy's argument that the Estate tax is a tax on top of a tax.....so what....16 trillion dollars in debt and nobody is taking their wealth to the grave, and this country is about the living. As a life long Republican I find this irresponsible platform to be against everything I have believed for forty years. You cannot make this country work without raising capital gains back to 20%, rolling back the Bush tax cuts on anybody making over 200k, bring the estate tax exemption back down to a million, and go with Romney's cap on deductions. We need common sense. We need economic patriotism. I am tired of hearing about the 6% deadbeats why you vote against your economic interests.....focus.

I dont vote against my interest. I am sick and tired of hearing that I do. Usually it is dreams that says that because I am a lesbian. because people like that only group people into little groups of voter blocks. I find that VERY shallow.

I vote on what prospers America as a WHOLE. Because when America is properous my chances of gaining the things i work for are more. and My family gains from that.

You hate romney and I understand that. He isnt much better than obama. I understand that.

but all the while you bust romneys ass becuase of his policy, you dont once mention hardly ever the back breaking policy that this corrupt dictating president has had on this country and I RESENT that from you. I resent it terribly and will not EVER let you off the hook because you prospered for YOURSELF years on the concept I have put out. And I find you in hypocrissy to tell me, a person who suffers daily out here that this concept is no longer viable because now you all of a sudden have a emotional breakthough.

YOU Seaoat, are all the more willing to sell me out in my hopes and dreams that I have worked for to settle your own self realization of what you think is greed.

YOU have forgotten that its really hard work that makes people prosper and in your guilt that of seeing that not all people have the same results from the opertunities given in this great country, you sell us out. and expect we are to do more.

Not right! I have given to charity my entire life. much less now but i still do it with all my burdens. dont preach to me about suffering people. I know it all to well and I know what doing the right thing is. I do it every day. I live in my cave of desperation working, trying to help those around me.

But By god you will never tell me that the GOV is the asnwer.

stormwatch89 wrote:Ah, SO we do remain stubborn! When I make it to the Caymens, join me for a cup of tea?

Dreams, you remind me of a class I had in college. The prof went on and on about how the poor couldn't use a bar of soap because they hadn't been taught how to use same.

Come on?!

yes Storm, according to her, the poor are stupid and cant do anything. They need the gov to wipe thier asses. all the while foriegn people come here and whoop ass by working hard.. a concept they will never get.

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

You go girl!

2seaoat

Forget the bottom 6% and Forget the top 6%......what policies are good for the remaining 88%. It sure as hell is not eliminating these taxes if you want balanced budgets. When Romney in a debate says he is not saying anything about cutting these taxes....his own written platform defies his words. You can think I am just picking on Romney, but these numbers simply do not work. We need a framework to be debated which is not lies....we need real discussions of what each of these policies represent in dollars lost.

I cannot get beyond Romney....I simply cannot. I give him credit where credit is due. A cap on deductions is a good idea, but it can never....I repeat never offset all the tax giveaways which are in his platform.

2seaoat wrote:Forget the bottom 6% and Forget the top 6%......what policies are good for the remaining 88%. It sure as hell is not eliminating these taxes if you want balanced budgets. When Romney in a debate says he is not saying anything about cutting these taxes....his own written platform defies his words. You can think I am just picking on Romney, but these numbers simply do not work. We need a framework to be debated which is not lies....we need real discussions of what each of these policies represent in dollars lost.

I cannot get beyond Romney....I simply cannot. I give him credit where credit is due. A cap on deductions is a good idea, but it can never....I repeat never offset all the tax giveaways which are in his platform.

well, since you can not get beyond romney.

why dont you tell us how good obama is going to be for people like me?

its the least you can do.

2seaoat

I am going to be paying more taxes regardless of who is elected president. It is simple. The trickle down cut taxes phase of this country is so over. It will be grinding time......we will have to grind this debt down year by year, and taxpayer by taxpayer.....but I want a fair game. I want a game which is not rigged and I want tax rates returned to where they were in the late 80s, and I want real shrinkage in government. Romney cannot do this.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum