Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Jimmy Kimmel....no parent should face having to make a choice on health care for a child

+3
dumpcare
Joanimaroni
2seaoat
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

He saw what I see once a month. Americans suffering and basically alone. The horror of watching older Americans crying in waiting rooms because a spouse cannot breathe and they cannot pay for the medication and pay their other bills. Jimmy's newborn was faced with a serious heart condition. He makes millions. He is young and healthy and on top of the world, but he just had the realization that with the snap of a finger, any American can face a health hell. We are better than these horrible shills for the wealthy. We can make a difference to care for our fellow Americans. I have been one of the lucky ones in my journey, but not so lucky to have seen so much pain and misery under the illusion that all Americans are being cared for in our health care system. We need to make the ACA better. Not repeal. Not replacement. Simply improve every facet of our health care system. We are better than those traitors among us. We cannot be fooled by propaganda or one liners. People are suffering, and we are a wealthy nation which must shift our priorities from a military machine which just got another 50 billion dollar raise to kill innocents all over the world. Thank you Jimmy. May your child live a long and productive life where compassion and caring frame his life.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Astute nurse caught the problem.

2seaoat

She saw the color change which Jimmy admitted they did not notice. Powerful TV. Timely TV.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

She also heard the murmur.

2seaoat

The timing of this could not be more timely. Right now people are voting on a bill which could guarantee this child could never be insured without paying high premiums in so called high risk pools, which is just another way of saying that we take really sick people, throw some federal money in some risk pools temporarily, and the vulnerable are thrown to the wolves. This is a moral crossroad, and when he explained his son will have a lifetime preexisting condition......it hit the target. Thank you Jimmy for sharing your pain. There are thousands of parents every day which face to some degree the same pain.

dumpcare

Unless they defund the subsidies in September ACA will never be repealed. I think some of these congressmen are starting to hear from older voter's in their districts.

It's to bad someone don't come on a tv and tell the one's on Medicare what a full repeal will mean to them and then all this bullshit nonsense will stop.

I think about what Ryan and the boys have done with the proposed budget, and the repeal is pay back time. You don't hold rally's for a year and half and call out member's of your own party by name and expect them to follow. They were very slow to endorse him and do not want him as their leader. Pretty apparent.

2seaoat

In the end it is simply raw wealth transfer. The ACA took taxes from the wealthiest Americans and subsidized those who could not afford insurance. 20 million Americans are hanging in the wind as Republicans simply want tax cuts across the board, and then have the audacity to tell people they will fund high risk pools with money......from where? A tax on food stamps?

dumpcare

2seaoat wrote:In the end it is simply raw wealth transfer.   The ACA took taxes from the wealthiest Americans and subsidized those who could not afford insurance.  20 million Americans are hanging in the wind as Republicans simply want tax cuts across the board, and then have the audacity to tell people they will fund high risk pools with money......from where?   A tax on food stamps?

High risk pools is just a name change from Medicaid.

2seaoat

Americans want existing health conditions covered. I have seen polls where 75% of Americans agree. Now we have spineless shills for the wealthy trying to convince us that we do not understand the costs, or the success of the ACA. Sure there are problems. Sure there are bipartisan solutions. However, the Republicans simply want to cut taxes on the wealthy. It disgusts me that they think they are fooling anybody.........but then I realize......they fooled enough to get President Trump elected.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

When my children were kids, the only option I had to cover them was Florida KidCare.

PkrBum

PkrBum

You're welcome.

Telstar

Telstar

PkrBum wrote: You're welcome.

Thank you Michigan?

PkrBum

PkrBum

I lived in FL for 20+ years.

Telstar

Telstar

PkrBum wrote:I lived in FL for 20+ years.

Glad to see Florida recovered.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

I paid monthly premiums for the coverage, and you didn't pay for it. I'm sure the GOP voted against it.

Telstar

Telstar

I'll bet a ton of healing thoughts and good vibes are being directed at Charles Hurt and his family right now. LOL

Jimmy Kimmel....no parent should face having to make a choice on health care for a child Jimmy_10

gatorfan

Floridatexan wrote:

I paid monthly premiums for the coverage, and you didn't pay for it.  I'm sure the GOP voted against it.

Apparently you don't understand the program and are making assumptions again. KC is a subsidized program, you may have paid a percentage but certainly not all the cost associated with it. Obviously R's supported the program since it was funded...... LOL

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

gatorfan wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

I paid monthly premiums for the coverage, and you didn't pay for it.  I'm sure the GOP voted against it.

Apparently you don't understand the program and are making assumptions again. KC is a subsidized program, you may have paid a percentage but certainly not all the cost associated with it. Obviously R's supported the program since it was funded...... LOL

No, they tried to kill S-CHIP...and in Florida the dental benefits were nil.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum