Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Tet Offensive, anyone... anyone...

+3
knothead
RealLindaL
del.capslock
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

del.capslock

del.capslock

[quote="Floridatexan"about "ghost votes"
[/quote]

They weren't "ghosts", they were Texas election officials. It was Texas, after all--things are, well, different there, as I'm sure you well know.

http://www.nytimes.com/1990/02/11/us/how-johnson-won-election-he-d-lost.html

He was a complicated guy.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/btraven/

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

del.capslock wrote:[quote="Floridatexan"about "ghost votes"

They weren't "ghosts", they were Texas election officials. It was Texas, after all--things are, well, different there, as I'm sure you well know.

http://www.nytimes.com/1990/02/11/us/how-johnson-won-election-he-d-lost.html

He was a complicated guy.[/quote]

Hahaha...Texas is no more corrupt than Florida...in fact, there are many parallels...the decline of both states began with governors named Bush.

del.capslock

del.capslock

Floridatexan wrote:
Hahaha...Texas is no more corrupt than Florida...in fact, there are many parallels...the decline of both states began with governors named Bush.

Actually, in my opinion, Jeb was a much better governor than the truly depraved piece-of-shit we have now. I would have voted for him over Hillary in a heartbeat.

I don't really know much about Texas. Since Molly Ivins died I haven't been able to stomach reading about the state at all. Janis was from Texas, so that's one thing in its favor, but the damn state damaged her so bad she took to dope and died--not that I blame her. The only way Willie manages to hang on is to stay stoned all the time. Good for him. You go, Willie!

More to your point though, like most states in the south, the decline began with the end of reconstruction. That job was never finished.

The South should have remained under Federal occupation and rule until the whole Lost Cause notion was wiped out. More Confederate military and political leaders traitors should have been hung or imprisoned until the misapprehension that there was anything noble about their cause was eliminated.

The entire Confederacy should have been treated the same way the Nazi party was in Germany after WWII. Display of Confederate flags and raising of monuments to the Confederacy should have been forbidden. The KKK should have never been allowed to even begin.

I read that New Orleans is now, 150 years too late, tearing down their monuments to the Confederacy. Bravo for them. Pensacola should do the same thing with that disgraceful Lee square monument.

Telstar

Telstar

del.capslock wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

Actually, in my opinion, Jeb was a much better governor than the truly depraved piece-of-shit we have now. I would have voted for him over Hillary in a heartbeat.

I don't really know much about Texas. Since Molly Ivins died I haven't been able to stomach reading about the state at all. Janis was from Texas, so that's one thing in its favor, but the damn state damaged her so bad she took to dope and died--not that I blame her. The only way Willie manages to hang on is to stay stoned all the time. Good for him. You go, Willie!

More to your point though, like most states in the south, the decline began with the end of reconstruction. That job was never finished.

The South should have remained under Federal occupation and rule until the whole Lost Cause notion was wiped out. More Confederate military and political leaders traitors should have been hung or imprisoned until the misapprehension that there was anything noble about their cause was eliminated.

The entire Confederacy should have been treated the same way the Nazi party was in Germany after WWII. Display of Confederate flags and raising of monuments to the Confederacy should have been forbidden. The KKK should have never been allowed to even begin.

I read that New Orleans is now, 150 years too late, tearing down their monuments to the Confederacy. Bravo for them. Pensacola should do the same thing with that disgraceful Lee square monument.

A couple of reasons why Texas sucks

Telstar

Telstar

A couple of reasons why Florida sucks.

del.capslock

del.capslock

Telstar wrote:A couple of reasons why Florida sucks.

Ah, shit! I think I'm gonna be sick.

I take it all back about him, what a spineless, scurvy, lying piece-of-shit.

Mea culpa.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum