Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

O! M! G! Something's wrong with CSPAN... alert the media

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdbwKeKPUdo

RealLindaL

How about at least a brief description to allow people to decide whether or not they wish to click on the youtube link?

RealLindaL wrote:How about at least a brief description to allow people to decide whether or not they wish to click on the youtube link?

Did you bother to read the title of the post? DUH!

Is it your contention that the readers of this forum are so witless that they're incapable of deciding whether or not they want to click on a video without a summary? How insulting.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

btraven wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:How about at least a brief description to allow people to decide whether or not they wish to click on the youtube link?

Is it your contention that the readers of this forum are so witless that they're incapable of deciding whether or not they want to click on a video without a summary? How insulting.

How presumptuous to compare yourself to a literary icon. Not even close.

dumpcare

I have never seen spicer give a press conference, this was hilarious and what I imagined the WH to be.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Floridatexan wrote:
How presumptuous to compare yourself to a literary icon.  Not even close.

Compare myself to a literary icon? What the hell are you talking about? You been hitting the sacramental wine a bit too hard? Sure you posted in the right thread?

RealLindaL

btraven wrote:

Is this the way all communications with you are going to go?

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Floridatexan wrote:
btraven wrote:

What did you mean by this, comparing myself to a literary icon? When did I do that?

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

btraven wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
btraven wrote:

What did you mean by this, comparing myself to a literary icon? When did I do that?

Who is B Traven?  No one knows for sure.

O! M! G! Something's wrong with CSPAN...   alert the media 119766

Floridatexan wrote:
btraven wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
btraven wrote:

Who is B Traven?  No one knows for sure.

O! M! G! Something's wrong with CSPAN...   alert the media 119766

The creative person should have no other biography than his works

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Floridatexan wrote:

Nice catch.

RealLindaL

"From the moment his first works were published in Germany in the 1920's Traven evaded all efforts to identify him and encouraged contradictory and often fantastic accounts of his life. When he died here on March 26, 1969, he left all the important questions unanswered. "

http://www.nytimes.com/1990/06/25/books/his-widow-reveals-much-of-who-b-traven-really-was.html?pagewanted=all

RealLindaL wrote:"From the moment his first works were published in Germany in the 1920's Traven evaded all efforts to identify him and encouraged contradictory and often fantastic accounts of his life. When he died here on March 26, 1969, he left all the important questions unanswered. "

http://www.nytimes.com/1990/06/25/books/his-widow-reveals-much-of-who-b-traven-really-was.html?pagewanted=all

In the absence of any reliable information on Traven's origins, a variety of bizarre theories have evolved.

RealLindaL

btraven wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:"From the moment his first works were published in Germany in the 1920's Traven evaded all efforts to identify him and encouraged contradictory and often fantastic accounts of his life. When he died here on March 26, 1969, he left all the important questions unanswered. "

In the absence of any reliable information on Traven's origins, a variety of bizarre theories have evolved.

Yes, many of them outlined in the above NYT piece.

"The irrelevance of anyone's formal identity, in the form of documents like birth certificates and passports, is a major theme of 'The Death Ship,' which many critics regard as the finest of Traven's novels."

Telstar

Telstar

RealLindaL wrote:
btraven wrote:

Yes, many of them outlined in the above NYT piece.  

Linda that is why I mentioned on your "A Brief Time Out" topic that I appreciate his taste in movies,music and authors.

RealLindaL

Telstar wrote:Linda that is why I mentioned on your "A Brief Time Out" topic that I appreciate his taste in movies,music and authors.

Got it, Tel, and understood.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum