Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

"Almost everything went wrong," Our President who thinks he is smarter than the generals

+4
Sal
dumpcare
othershoe1030
2seaoat
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/almost-everything-went-wrong-seal-us-girl-die-in-first-trump-era-military-raid/ar-AAmqoaG?li=BBnb7Kz

God help the innocents because the American people have elected this man and there is no redo button.

Did Trump target awlaki 's daughter like Obama targeted awlaki 's son who was an American citizen?

2seaoat

I do not have that intelligence......just the conclusion it was a cluster F as being reported. I expect more.

Oh... in that case... it's just "fake news" opinion... lacking full information. Nice propaganda comrade.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

The problem with this president so far is that he sees what he wants to see for example the crowds at the swearing in. Over the weekend when many airports were full of demonstrators protesting the travel ban he stated that things were going very smoothly. Really?

Decisions of state are difficult enough given the conditions in the real world without being distorted by strange "beliefs" of the POTUS.

2seaoat

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/almost-everything-went-wrong-seal-us-girl-die-in-first-trump-era-military-raid/ar-AAmqoaG?li=BBnb7Kz

Here is the link again. At least when Jimmy Carter botched in the Iranian high desert and the facts were reported, nobody claimed fake news. An American citizen killed, and a seal dead because of a botched landing and fire fight.......and i do not mean bullets......actually killing our folks because of a botched operation plan......read the MSN news link and tell me what is incorrect. Cluster F.

I get it... it's ok when your dear leader does it.

I presume the death counts on the front page will begin again.

dumpcare

That raid had been planned under Obama and in the making for a couple of months, whether or not it was carried out like it had been planned or maybe it was. I don't think you can pin the blame on anyone particular person at this point. I did here on the news tonight part of a conversation with the news anchor and someone (not watching) if they thought the enemy had been tippled off? Did not here the response.

Sal

Sal

ppaca wrote:That raid had been planned under Obama and in the making for a couple of months, whether or not it was carried out like it had been planned or maybe it was. I don't think you can pin the blame on anyone particular person at this point. I did here on the news tonight part of a conversation with the news anchor and someone (not watching) if they thought the enemy had been tippled off? Did not here the response.

NBC had a different take ....

Contrary to earlier reporting, the senior military official said, the raid was Trump's first clandestine strike — not a holdover mission approved by President Barack Obama.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/seal-american-girl-die-first-trump-era-u-s-military-n714346?cid=sm_tw_nbcnews

dumpcare

Well now ABC and NBC needs to collaborate. But like I say I heard parts but they did say it had been planned for a month or so.

dumpcare

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/29/world/middleeast/american-commando-killed-in-yemen-in-trumps-first-counterterror-operation.html?_r=0

https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/american-serviceman-killed-yemen-obama-planned-raid-trump-authorized

Ok the planning under Obama, Trump gave the order to carryout.

dumpcare

It probably would have helped if I read seaoats article I just started to repost after seeing it on msn. So here we have different story's but it appears the Trump team wants to take credit.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Sal wrote:
ppaca wrote:That raid had been planned under Obama and in the making for a couple of months, whether or not it was carried out like it had been planned or maybe it was. I don't think you can pin the blame on anyone particular person at this point. I did here on the news tonight part of a conversation with the news anchor and someone (not watching) if they thought the enemy had been tippled off? Did not here the response.

NBC had a different take ....

Contrary to earlier reporting, the senior military official said, the raid was Trump's first clandestine strike — not a holdover mission approved by President Barack Obama.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/seal-american-girl-die-first-trump-era-u-s-military-n714346?cid=sm_tw_nbcnews

That strike was not planned during Trump's first week.

2seaoat

The decision to advance the strike was all Trump team. It is a lot easier to sit on the sidelines and say how easy it was to get Bin Laden and how great everything is going to be when his GREAT people start acting. This was a President Trump failure. Period. If this had happened during President Obama's term there would be a call for a congressional hearing, and some deviate poster on this forum would be showing the body of the dead American girl, and the dead Seal. Yes, it is tough being President. Great is not a simple declaration which makes it so.....Great is doing things correctly.

RealLindaL

2seaoat wrote:If this had happened during President Obama's term there would be a call for a congressional hearing, and some deviate poster on this forum would be showing the body of the dead American girl, and the dead Seal.  

True, so true.
It was Trump's call to authorize this and he was doubtless hoping to be a hero, but he failed. This falls entirely on his shoulders. I seriously doubt he will allow his perfect self to accept that, however, or even to feel much if any sorrow over the loss of life, except to the extent it ruined his bid for greatness in battle in his first week.

Vikingwoman

US forces killed women and CHILDREN! Trump said he wanted to take out the families of the terrorists.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Here is a time line of the bin Ladin mission. There were years of planning, observing and meetings, five National Security Council meetings etc. Even the burial at sea and the timing of it conformed with Islamic law. It was very well thought out.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/09/09/world/death-of-osama-bin-laden-fast-facts/

gatorfan

A hard landing, ruined aircraft and an unexpected firefight. You can plan for most eventualities on a mission but when the pilot smashes the aircraft into the ground at the onset it's impossible to follow the original plan. Face facts folks, when bullets start to get traded back and forth they don't care who they hit. I know our military folks do everything possible to avoid civilian casualties - unlike the terrorists they chase.

All of your other opinions are just uninformed, partisan rhetoric......

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Personally I think Trump scheduled his choice for Supreme Court Justice a few days ahead of schedule in order to distract from reports of this action that didn't go well. He knew the court pick would take top billing.

Sal

Sal

Wow ...

... this does seem to have been a monstrous clusterfuck, and the military brass seem more than willing to toss president* dumbass under the bus ...

The U.S. military said on Wednesday it was looking into whether more civilians were killed in a raid on al Qaeda in Yemen on the weekend, in the first operation authorized by President Donald Trump as commander in chief.

U.S. Central Command said in a statement that an investigating team had "concluded regrettably that civilian non-combatants were likely killed" during Sunday's raid. It said children may have been among the casualties.

U.S. military officials told Reuters that Trump approved his first covert counterterrorism operation without sufficient intelligence, ground support or adequate backup preparations.

As a result, three officials said, the attacking SEAL team found itself dropping onto a reinforced al Qaeda base defended by landmines, snipers, and a larger than expected contingent of heavily armed Islamist extremists.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-commando-idUSKBN15G5RX

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum