Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

First they came for the Muslims, and we said, "not in America, you don't."

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

On Sunday, I joined thousands of Americans at the Baltimore-Washintgon International (BWI) Thurgood Marshall Airport to stand with my fellow Muslim sisters and brothers against Trump's bigoted Muslim Ban. The crowd and the energy was electric. Read my letter, inspired by the events of the past few days, below.

Yours truly,

Martin O'Malley

------------------------------------

Letters from Boston, January 31, 2017

"First they came for the Muslims, and we said, 'not in America, you don't'."

------------------------------------

What are we to do when a man sworn into office as President of the United States in one week, begins to use his powers in cruel, bigoted, and arbitrary ways the very next week?

I've been to the Statue of Liberty in New York's harbor -- there is nothing on that American beacon of hope that discriminates against refugee families based on their religious affiliation. If there were, we would not be a world power.

The child victims of ISIL are children of every faith.

They are children of the same God -- the One God; the God that commands us to be kind to strangers. For those of us who are Christians, He is the One God who was Himself a refugee child fleeing murder gangs in the Middle East.

So, what do we do - what actions do we take - when our half-elected President begins to use our power to apply religious tests to the plight of refugees fleeing murder, genocide, and oppression?

What would our immigrant parents, grandparents, or great grandparents have us do?

The answer is that we must stand up, speak out, and do everything in our power - individually and collectively - to stop the injustice being perpetrated, in our names, against our neighbors.

This is not a time for acceptance, acquiescence, or "wait and see."

This is a time for peaceful, loving, and law-abiding citizens to come together and rise up in solidarity for one another.

Come together - protest, dissent, make your voice heard - at the highest scale and at the deepest and most local levels. And by all means - bring your kids.

It was Germany's Rev. Martin Neimoller who penned the oft-repeated lines about the creep of an elected fascism in 1930's Germany: First they came for the trade unionists, then they came for the gypsies, then they came for the homosexuals and the artists, then they came for the Jews - "...and I did not speak out" because I was not of those groups... "Then they came for me,... and there was no one left to speak for me..."

Fascism comes to power -- let us never forget -- by first by being elected under the guise of being something else: a redressing of old grievances. A promise to return to better days. A promise to punish the elites. A promise to protect a frightened majority from having their greatness stolen by a religious or ethnic minority - people not like us.

So, let it be remembered that when first they came for our Muslim neighbors in America, the people of the United States rose up and said, "not in our country, you don't."

Sal

Sal

First they came for the Muslims, and we said, "not in America, you don't." C3TcYtNUcAAUOyV

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Sal wrote:First they came for the Muslims, and we said, "not in America, you don't." C3TcYtNUcAAUOyV

cheers cheers cheers

Telstar

Telstar

othershoe1030 wrote:
Sal wrote:First they came for the Muslims, and we said, "not in America, you don't." C3TcYtNUcAAUOyV

cheers cheers cheers

Resist Trump fascism.

Sal

Sal

Banning Muslims from certain countries from entering the U.S. is a fake issue?

Just how far up your posterior do you have to insert your cranium to see it that way?

Sal wrote:Banning Muslims from certain countries from entering the U.S. is a fake issue?

Just how far up your posterior do you have to insert your cranium to see it that way?

It's temporary to review the processes. Nearly identically to what Obama did... which you accepted.

So I guess it could be fake outrage too. What a tool.

Sal

Sal

PkrBum wrote:

It's temporary to review the processes. Nearly identically to what Obama did... which you accepted.

So I guess it could be fake outrage too. What a tool.

It's not even close in scale, nor scope, nor substance.

I understand that you cannot acknowledge that because you are a political hack making excuses for a fascist loon.

Pointing out your hypocrisy isn't making an excuse... neither is pointing out your FAKE OUTRAGE.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

PkrBum wrote:Pointing out your hypocrisy isn't making an excuse... neither is pointing out your FAKE OUTRAGE.

Pkrbum, are you really saying that Sal's anger over Trump's Let's Help ISIS Recruit edict isn't real? You're starting to go wet is dry, cold is warm, low is high phrasing ... are you a Markle follower?

Wordslinger wrote:
PkrBum wrote:Pointing out your hypocrisy isn't making an excuse... neither is pointing out your FAKE OUTRAGE.

Pkrbum, are you really saying that Sal's anger over Trump's Let's Help ISIS Recruit edict isn't real?  You're starting to go wet is dry, cold is warm, low is high phrasing ... are you a Markle follower?

Where was your outrage and leftist angst when Obama did nearly the same thing?

Be honest... your panties are in a twist ONLY because a pub did it this time.

You're so easy... like clay in the hands of your dear leaders.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Guest wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:

Pkrbum, are you really saying that Sal's anger over Trump's Let's Help ISIS Recruit edict isn't real?  You're starting to go wet is dry, cold is warm, low is high phrasing ... are you a Markle follower?

"Oh looky here, looky here," Pkrbum says. The crazy bad shit my Pussy Grabber with the dead rat on his head is doing is okay, y'see, 'cause someone done it before, right?

Yeah asshole. Two wrongs make a right ... we understand. We really do.

Telstar

Telstar

Wordslinger wrote:
Guest wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:

"Oh looky here, looky here," Pkrbum says.  The crazy bad shit my Pussy Grabber with the dead rat on his head is doing is okay, y'see, 'cause someone done it before, right?

Yeah asshole.  Two wrongs make a right ... we understand.  We really do.

Pkr who? You mean "guest" don't you? The hissy fit exit of the conturds continues.  Laughing Laughing Laughing

RealLindaL

Hmmm...what a shame that Pkr chickened out.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Telstar wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:
Guest wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:

"Oh looky here, looky here," Pkrbum says.  The crazy bad shit my Pussy Grabber with the dead rat on his head is doing is okay, y'see, 'cause someone done it before, right?

Yeah asshole.  Two wrongs make a right ... we understand.  We really do.

Pkr who? You mean "guest" don't you? The hissy fit exit of the conturds continues.  Laughing Laughing Laughing

OK, I stand corrected: But my answer mistakenly aimed at you, pertains to you and guest. Two wrongs don't make anything right. Whenever you are confronted with an ugly truth, you right wingnuts fall back on waving at others saying "well, they did it." The rest of us understand your desperation. We really do. LOL

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum