Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

It appears Trump's current marriage is as happy as his prior marriages. Sad!

+2
2seaoat
Wordslinger
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

ouTube
By Sam Dangremond
Jan 26, 2017

When Donald and Melania Trump arrived at the White House last Friday morning for the traditional Inauguration Day greeting, Trump stepped out of his Secret Service SUV and made his way up the stairs; Melania followed, carrying a gift in a box from Tiffany & Co. that has been the source of much speculation.

But it wasn't the box that caught my eye—it was the way he left his wife behind him as he made his way up the steps. The Independent pointed out how our new president's actions differed from his predecessor's on the same day in 2009, and I delved further into the presidential inauguration archives to see how George W. Bush and Bill Clinton approached the moment before their inaugurations (video of earlier presidents' White House Inauguration Day arrivals was not readily available online).

Forget politics for a second and consider this from an etiquette perspective: These videos show that the three presidents before Donald Trump waited for their partners to walk up the stairs to the White House moments before they inherited the highest office in the land. Trump marched ahead, alone, his wife left to follow behind him.

2seaoat

The first lady is someone who is stuck. She did not ask for this job. She did not ask for the scrutiny of her family. I have the utmost respect for her protecting her son and keeping him in school in NY. I imagine she sold her soul to the devil to be with this man, and the devil is now getting his payback.

Vikingwoman

She didn't sell her soul to be w/ him. She sold her soul for his money. She knows who he is and it ain't love that keeps them together.

RealLindaL

Obviously, none of us including the writer of that YouTube post has any earthly idea what's transpiring behind closed doors, much less in the minds of Mr. & Mrs. Trump.   We can speculate 'til the cows come home (and I'll be right there with you wondering, since the first couple is always fair game), but we still won't know.  That said, I'll share the following thoughts I've had, for what they're worth (not much, being all speculative):

To me, Melania looked very unhappy at the inauguration.  I especially watched her face, not Trump's, as he took the oath of office, and didn't see anything that I would recognize as love or respect in her eyes for the man she was looking at, her own husband being sworn in at POTUS.  I could be 100% wrong, of course, but I thought she looked rather cold and indifferent.

When they were dancing at one of the balls, she seemed to warm up some, being in his arms, but he seemed totally directed elsewhere, outside and beyond her, apparently aware of the camera and onlookers but not particularly attuned to his wife.   100% opposite of Obama.

But that last should surprise no one.  The man is a full blown narcissist and the only person who's likely truly important to him is himself.  I almost hope Melania DID marry him for his money; else I'd be forced to feel terribly sorry for her, and, based on things she's said during the campaign, I really don't.

But my other thought is that, if she's even mentioned divorce, the Donald would've very possibly threatened her big time if she dared to do it anytime during his presidency.  He would not be able to STAND the humiliation!

I guess I'm glad she's staying in New York if it's best for her son, even though it constitutes something of a slap in the face to American traditions of the presidency and the White House -- but then, the Donald's been doing that ever since he was elected, so why not Melania?

After all, his entire presidency is just one big slap in the face.

Sal

Sal

I am certain that she had to sign an ironclad prenup before marrying the Donald.

But, she could make a fortune, at this point, just by writing a tell all book, so I feel pretty certain she also signed a non-disclosure agreement.

Apparently, he's big on non-disclosure agreements.

RealLindaL

Sal wrote:I am certain that she had to sign an ironclad prenup before marrying the Donald.

But, she could make a fortune, at this point, just by writing a tell all book, so I feel pretty certain she also signed a non-disclosure agreement.

Apparently, he's big on non-disclosure agreements.

Oh, I feel darned certain you're right about the pre-nup and non-disclosure agreements, too. What I was talking about was what he might've threatened her with were she to make the first move toward actual divorce while he's POTUS.

Perhaps the national enquirer would be a good source for your interests.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

PkrBum wrote:Perhaps the national enquirer would be a good source for your interests.

Or Breitbart News?. Drudge Report? Bill O'Reilly? Hannity? KKK Journal? Jihad Magazine? Faux News? LOL

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

I didn't watch the inauguration...I refused. But in the CNN interactive it appears that at the moment he was sworn, she closed her eyes.

RealLindaL

PkrBum wrote:Perhaps the national enquirer would be a good source for your interests.

Actually you're prolly right, Pkr, though I don't read that rag nor others like it.

If you'll recall, Mr. High and Mighty Lily White, I started out by saying that none of us here has any earthly idea what's going on in the Trump marriage, but that I would play along and speculate because the first couple is always fair game. Trump himself, of course -- being a person it's virtually impossible not to completely dislike and disrespect -- makes playing the speculation game a whole lot easier.

RealLindaL

Speaking of The National Enquirer, btw -- the rag Trump's supposedly so cozy with -- I was sending Publix corporate a message on another matter the other day and found the following message on their home page, dated as of 12/30/16:

Recently, due to continual complaints, Publix added The National Enquirer to the list of titles we permanently cover in our stores. Please know that this decision was based solely on a long history of customer complaints regarding offensive and objectionable material, not in response to a particular cover or any political views.

Publix is a company that cares about its customers, and we work hard to create a pleasant shopping experience. It is our mission to do our very best to satisfy all Publix customers, but unfortunately in today’s complex world this is not always an easy task.

Occasionally, we receive customer concerns regarding certain materials that contain objectionable print or photographs. As a result, our stores have "blinders" which are used to conceal these types of covers. Some magazine titles have pushed the limits with pictures and occasional controversial, sexual and inflammatory words that result in significant customer concerns. When that occurs, we advise our stores to maintain a permanent cover over such publications. A blinder will continue to be placed over this magazine every week, regardless of cover content.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

RealLindaL wrote:Speaking of The National Enquirer, btw -- the rag Trump's supposedly so cozy with -- I was sending Publix corporate a message on another matter the other day and found the following message on their home page, dated as of 12/30/16:

Recently, due to continual complaints, Publix added The National Enquirer to the list of titles we permanently cover in our stores. Please know that this decision was based solely on a long history of customer complaints regarding offensive and objectionable material, not in response to a particular cover or any political views.

Publix is a company that cares about its customers, and we work hard to create a pleasant shopping experience. It is our mission to do our very best to satisfy all Publix customers, but unfortunately in today’s complex world this is not always an easy task.

Occasionally, we receive customer concerns regarding certain materials that contain objectionable print or photographs. As a result, our stores have "blinders" which are used to conceal these types of covers. Some magazine titles have pushed the limits with pictures and occasional controversial, sexual and inflammatory words that result in significant customer concerns. When that occurs, we advise our stores to maintain a permanent cover over such publications. A blinder will continue to be placed over this magazine every week, regardless of cover content.

Hahaha...it was at Publix that I turned the issue of NEWSWEEK backwards on the stand.

RealLindaL

Floridatexan wrote:Hahaha...it was at Publix that I turned the issue of NEWSWEEK backwards on the stand.

Duhhh...sorry, don't get it. Refresh my memory, please?

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

RealLindaL wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:Hahaha...it was at Publix that I turned the issue of NEWSWEEK backwards on the stand.

Duhhh...sorry, don't get it.  Refresh my memory, please?

Oh...nothing really. I mentioned it in another thread. The cover offended me, so I turned it around. Just a small act of defiance.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum