Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Young womans wish prior to a double mastectomy

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

This is awesome...what a spirited young woman.

2seaoat

I love the spirit, but to see that spirit broken every month on the 21st floor, and to see the young children.......my eyes tear sometimes at the courage and utter hopeless battle that too many beautiful young people must fight. It is different with the older patients, a sense of wisdom and acceptance, but it is hard some months to visit an infusion floor......very very hard, and perhaps it is looking into the eyes of so many who are leaving who are simply too young......too good to face the battle. She will do well. It is just that spirit of celebration of life is the wisdom gained by many grayed and older that this young woman has captured.

cool1

cool1

I think its cool -- before they operated on me it was pretty quiet , I wasn't in the shape to dance , I was scared and had this mask on and they told me they were going to put me to sleep and I thought I wouldn't wake up so  I  was very scared and I cried the whole time waiting for the shot Sad 

But if the nurses danced for me I would have not been so upset either at least I would be laughing Razz 

My doc--was an older gentleman I knew him but still he just said im going to give you this shot you will be ok as he gave me the shot and said you will see everything will be fine and you will go to sleep right about now:Sleep  funny how they know exactly when they knock you out --then I woke up in a hospital room and had this liquid hooked up I asked what is it --They said pain meds--I kept pushing the button over and over later--and the nurse said it doesn't matter how much you push that button it will only come out when its time rabbit .

2seaoat

Prior to them removing my left lung lobe and tumor, they put me in a room with candles and incense and asked if I wanted a massage. Of course I said yes, and the woman spent about 30 minutes giving me this great massage. They then rolled me into an operating room which looked identical to the video, and they connected the IV and I was absolutely relaxed and asked what they were giving me because it was wonderful.....they said Seaoat......we have not started any medications.......7 hours of surgery and they removed the lung but everybody commented after how good I looked......I felt great, and I think that damn massage set the whole tone for the surgery. I think mental perceptions and spirit it is essential for the battle.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

I just love the video.

cool1

cool1

2seaoat wrote:Prior to them removing my left lung lobe and tumor, they put me in a room with candles and incense and asked if I wanted a massage.  Of course I said yes, and the woman spent about 30 minutes giving me this great massage.  They then rolled me into an operating room which looked identical to the video, and they connected the IV and I was absolutely relaxed and asked what they were giving me because it was wonderful.....they said Seaoat......we have not started any medications.......7 hours of surgery and they removed the lung but everybody commented after how good I looked......I felt great, and I think that damn massage set the whole tone for the surgery.  I think mental perceptions and spirit it is essential for the battle.
Yes I think it would help before operated on.  I would still have thought of those nurses dancing an hour later Laughing yep and if it were men dancers I would have loved that id be like giggle giggle.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Great video.  Great operating room staff.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum