Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mexican President: We will not pay for the wall

+7
Floridatexan
VectorMan
Sal
2seaoat
Markle
RealLindaL
ZVUGKTUBM
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Mexican President: We will not pay for the wall

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/25/politics/mexico-president-donald-trump-enrique-pena-nieto-border-wall/index.html

Excerpt:

Washington (CNN) — Mexican President Enrique Peña Nieto said Wednesday his country "will not pay for any wall," defying the claims US President Donald Trump has made. But he did not cancel his trip planned for the United States next week.

"Mexico does not believe in walls. I've said time again; Mexico will not pay for any wall," he said in a video statement posted to Twitter and translated by CNN from Spanish.

Peña Nieto said he would wait for a final report from his top officials who arrived in Washington Wednesday to meet with the Trump administration, and previous meetings with Mexican legislators, before deciding which steps he would take next.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

RealLindaL

Donald Trump is purely delusional.  You and I will pay for this wall -- needless in the face of declining immigration from Mexico -- just as we'll pay for the embarrassingly useless 'investigation' into non-existent wide-scale voter fraud. 

Markle

Markle

President Enrique Peña Nieto of Mexico has to say that for the consumption of his citizens.

Be patient!

2seaoat

Meanwhile people can canoe into America from Canada without being within fifty miles of a control point. Sadly, the illusion of secure borders is Orwellian.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Trump was supposed to be visited by the president of Mexico on 1/31. Now that has been called off. Trump suggested the meeting be cancelled because of the Mexican president's comments about not paying for the wall. Add petulance to one of Donald Trump's personality traits (or is it a disorder?).

So Donald Trump declares war on Mexico--imagine that! Who will pick our farmers' berries and fruit?

Sal

Sal

Mexican President: We will not pay for the wall Captur45

Markle

Markle

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:Trump was supposed to be visited by the president of Mexico on 1/31. Now that has been called off. Trump suggested the meeting be cancelled because of the Mexican president's comments about not paying for the wall. Add petulance to one of Donald Trump's personality traits (or is it a disorder?).

So Donald Trump declares war on Mexico--imagine that! Who will pick our farmers' berries and fruit?

You've never successfully negotiated anything, have you?

Buy and read his first book, I believe it's his first. "The Art of the Deal".

Sal

Sal

Markle wrote:
Buy and read his first book, I believe it's his first.  "The Art of the Deal".

You mean that book this guy wrote? ...

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2016/07/25/donald-trumps-ghostwriter-tells-all

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Markle wrote:
ZVUGKTUBM wrote:Trump was supposed to be visited by the president of Mexico on 1/31. Now that has been called off. Trump suggested the meeting be cancelled because of the Mexican president's comments about not paying for the wall. Add petulance to one of Donald Trump's personality traits (or is it a disorder?).

Mexican President: We will not pay for the wall Suck%20up_Shutterstock_web

VectorMan

VectorMan

There are number of ways to make Mexico pay for the wall. It isn't rocket science. Wait and see what happens. Then be surprised.

BTW. Obama, Clinton and Schumer all voted for the wall in 2006.

President Donald Trump will be able to order the construction of a wall on the Mexico border Wednesday with the stroke of a pen, because of a 2006 law passed with the help of Democrats including Barack Obama, Joe Biden and Hillary Clinton.

The 2006 law authorized the construction of 700 miles of fencing along the southern border, as well as additional lights, cameras and sensors to enhance security. Although former President George W. Bush signed the measure into law, the Democrat-controlled Congress that took over a few months later ensured it would never be completed by means of an amendment to a 2008 spending bill.

The amendment removed an explicit requirement the wall be made of double-layer fencing, and gave the Department of Homeland Security authority to put in place less effective barriers, such as simple vehicle barriers that do not keep pedestrians out. As a result, Democrats were able to avoid a politically unpopular vote against the wall, and then turn around and quietly gut its construction. But Trump and Republicans in the new Congress now plan to use that law to ensure a proper wall is constructed.

Since the law was never actually repealed, the federal government is still authorized to build a substantial wall on the southern border. Congress doesn’t have to pass a new law to begin construction, and can instead package the funds necessary into a massive spending bill Democrats would have a politically hard time opposing. Trump may get a head start on the process by diverting other funds congressional leaders have indicated are available for the project, ensuring a snafu over the spending bill doesn’t hinder prompt construction of the wall.

If Trump and Republicans follow through, a number of top Democrats will find they inadvertently handed Trump the border wall they now oppose. Their only option to block the construction would be to shut down the government over the matter by blocking the spending bill, a strategy they have consistently mocked and derided Republicans for using in the past.

In addition to then Sens. Obama, Biden and Clinton, 64 House Democrats and 23 Senate Democrats voted for the wall in 2006. Many of them are still in Congress, including newly-established Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer.

Other Democrats in the Senate who voted for the wall in 2006 are Sens. Barbara Boxer (CA), Sherrod Brown (OH — then in the House), Tom Carper (DE), Dianne Feinstein (CA), Barbara Mikulski (MD), Bill Nelson (FL), Debbie Stabenow (MI), and Ron Wyden (OR).

There are also a number of Democrat representatives still in the House who voted for the bill: Sanford Bishop (GA), Michael Capuano (MA), Jim Cooper (TN), Jim Costa (CA), Peter DeFazio (OR), Steve Israel (NY), Ron Kind (WI), Daniel Lipinski (IL), Stephen Lynch (MA), Carolyn Maloney (NY), Bill Pascrell Jr. (NJ), Collin Peterson (MN), C.A. Dutch Ruppersberger (MD), Tim Ryan (OH), and Adam Smith (WA).

Former Democrat Rep. Barney Frank and now-disgraced former Democrat Rep. Anthony Weiner also voted for the bill.

President-elect Donald Trump made the construction of a “real” wall along the entire 2,000-mile stretch of the southern border with Mexico a central part of his campaign. He has said the “beautiful” wall will be from 35 to 50 feet high and made of pre-cast concrete.

“I would build a great wall, and nobody builds walls better than me, believe me, and I’ll build them very inexpensively,” he said in his speech announcing his candidacy for the presidency. “I will build a great, great wall on our southern border. And I will have Mexico pay for that wall. Mark my words.”

Last edited by VectorMan on 1/26/2017, 6:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

Markle

Markle

[quote="ZVUGKTUBM"]
Markle wrote:

So you're admitting that I am right...AGAIN!

2seaoat

Yes, there has been approval of funds for further physical border structures, and had the house passed the bill on immigration reform that the senate passed in a bipartisan vote, there would have been more funds. The question varies as to the cost, but some estimates start at 12 billiom to 37 billion. However, the thread I thought was about who will pay for the wall. The American taxpayer will pay directly or indirectly. Immediately it will be a direct payment, but if our trading partner Mexico which is larger now than our trade with Europe retaliates in kind to the use of alternative fees, the American consumer and taxpayer will be gouged by higher prices and less productivity in American industry. Some components and parts should be built in Mexico in order for American products assembled in American factories to be competitive with our exports not being priced out because we are paying too much for those components.......Stupid in economics and trade can only be solved by an education and an understanding the SCIENCE of economics. We pay for the wall.....period. No alternative facts. No slight of hand. No magic tricks. This man does not even understand fully the volume of our trade with Mexico and the critical necessity for American manufacturing to have access to certain low price components to make our exports viable.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

VectorMan wrote:There are number of ways to make Mexico pay for the wall. It isn't rocket science. Wait and see what happens. Then be surprised.

BTW. Obama, Clinton and Schumer all voted for the wall in 2006.

President Donald Trump will be able to order the construction of a wall on the Mexico border Wednesday with the stroke of a pen, because of a 2006 law passed with the help of Democrats including Barack Obama, Joe Biden and Hillary Clinton.

The 2006 law authorized the construction of 700 miles of fencing along the southern border, as well as additional lights, cameras and sensors to enhance security. Although former President George W. Bush signed the measure into law, the Democrat-controlled Congress that took over a few months later ensured it would never be completed by means of an amendment to a 2008 spending bill.

The amendment removed an explicit requirement the wall be made of double-layer fencing, and gave the Department of Homeland Security authority to put in place less effective barriers, such as simple vehicle barriers that do not keep pedestrians out. As a result, Democrats were able to avoid a politically unpopular vote against the wall, and then turn around and quietly gut its construction. But Trump and Republicans in the new Congress now plan to use that law to ensure a proper wall is constructed.

Since the law was never actually repealed, the federal government is still authorized to build a substantial wall on the southern border. Congress doesn’t have to pass a new law to begin construction, and can instead package the funds necessary into a massive spending bill Democrats would have a politically hard time opposing. Trump may get a head start on the process by diverting other funds congressional leaders have indicated are available for the project, ensuring a snafu over the spending bill doesn’t hinder prompt construction of the wall.

If Trump and Republicans follow through, a number of top Democrats will find they inadvertently handed Trump the border wall they now oppose. Their only option to block the construction would be to shut down the government over the matter by blocking the spending bill, a strategy they have consistently mocked and derided Republicans for using in the past.

In addition to then Sens. Obama, Biden and Clinton, 64 House Democrats and 23 Senate Democrats voted for the wall in 2006. Many of them are still in Congress, including newly-established Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer.

Other Democrats in the Senate who voted for the wall in 2006 are Sens. Barbara Boxer (CA), Sherrod Brown (OH — then in the House), Tom Carper (DE), Dianne Feinstein (CA), Barbara Mikulski (MD), Bill Nelson (FL), Debbie Stabenow (MI), and Ron Wyden (OR).

There are also a number of Democrat representatives still in the House who voted for the bill: Sanford Bishop (GA), Michael Capuano (MA), Jim Cooper (TN), Jim Costa (CA), Peter DeFazio (OR), Steve Israel (NY), Ron Kind (WI), Daniel Lipinski (IL), Stephen Lynch (MA), Carolyn Maloney (NY), Bill Pascrell Jr. (NJ), Collin Peterson (MN), C.A. Dutch Ruppersberger (MD), Tim Ryan (OH), and Adam Smith (WA).

Former Democrat Rep. Barney Frank and now-disgraced former Democrat Rep. Anthony Weiner also voted for the bill.

President-elect Donald Trump made the construction of a “real” wall along the entire 2,000-mile stretch of the southern border with Mexico a central part of his campaign. He has said the “beautiful” wall will be from 35 to 50 feet high and made of pre-cast concrete.

“I would build a great wall, and nobody builds walls better than me, believe me, and I’ll build them very inexpensively,” he said in his speech announcing his candidacy for the presidency. “I will build a great, great wall on our southern border. And I will have Mexico pay for that wall. Mark my words.”

Link?

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Welcome to America, where a guy who doesn't pay fed taxes gets to use $10bil of our fed taxes he said he'd never use to build a wall we don't need that the majority of voters didn't want. -- John Fugelsang

dumpcare

You and I will pay for that wall regardless of any tariff's. End product will cost you more. They will still get in, where there's a will there's a way. Very few U.S. citizen's will apply for the jobs to work from sunset to sundown for minimum wage in the heat to pick your veggie's and so on. I personally don't care if a wall is built while there at it put that damn thing all around the pacific, gulf, atlantic coasts and from west to east across the northern border. Keep us in and them out. Yea, that's it. Put all dissenter's in one state and nuke it, that would make markel, to tell a lie and vector happy.

RealLindaL

Sal wrote:
Markle wrote:

You mean that book this guy wrote? ...

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2016/07/25/donald-trumps-ghostwriter-tells-all

Seriously, Markle, I can't believe you missed the Schwartz expose'.   Open your mind, take just a few minutes to read the article in full and you'll finally start to get a glimpse of the REAL truth about your leader.  

I read "The Art of the Deal" years back and was suckered in just like you and probably everybody else who ever read the pile of baloney that we now know it actually is.  Most disturbing are the personality characteristics demonstrated by Trump during the writing process.  Read it and weep.

Markle

Markle

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
Markle wrote:

I thought that was a given.

dumpcare

In a few years we can see Markle come unglued (like he isn't now) when the wall is given up on after fight's with the Indian's in Arizona over tribal land and the republican's in Texas that do not want it because of an import tax that would hurt state trade with Mexico.

Sal

Sal

The Wall - yesterday's developments ...

1) Trumpsters roll out 20% tariff on Mexican imports

2) Mexican President tells Trump to fuck off and cancels meeting

3) Trumpsters roll back 20% tariff on Mexican imports

4) Texan congresscritters tell Trumpsters "no thanks" regarding wall

What will today bring us?

2seaoat

When a fascist regime takes over in a democracy, the tension is with truth, logic and the freedom of press to challenge government when they make boneheaded policy against the will of the people. You start by attacking the free press. You start by scapegoating and firing up the usual suspects in a country. You attack intellectual enterprise and science. You reward industry and wealth to gain compliance with the usual oligarchy in a nation. You then break the rules...............more to come.

Markle

Markle

ppaca wrote:You and I will pay for that wall regardless of any tariff's. End product will cost you more. They will still get in, where there's a will there's a way. Very few U.S. citizen's will apply for the jobs to work from sunset to sundown for minimum wage in the heat to pick your veggie's and so on. I personally don't care if a wall is built while there at it put that damn thing all around the pacific, gulf, atlantic coasts and from west to east across the northern border. Keep us in and them out. Yea, that's it.  Put all dissenter's in one state and nuke it, that would make markel, to tell a lie and vector happy.

Stunning! When has anyone, EVER, heard of Progressives worry, or even think about, spending money?

Who added $10 TRILLION to our National Debt in only EIGHT YEARS?

dumpcare

There truly is something wrong with a person who thinks everyone is a progressive if they don't think like them. Can't make this shit up.

RealLindaL

ppaca wrote:There truly is something wrong with a person who thinks everyone is a progressive if they don't think like them.  Can't make this shit up.

You just realizing something is wrong with Markle, ppaca??  He's defective in so many ways I can't begin to count.

And yes, as others have also noted, he's coming even more unglued than ever before, desperately posting endless spam and crapola, because he knows perfectly well that Trump is nothing less than a huge disaster about to happen, and he wants to divert people's attention from the coming train wreck.

Oh, wait....did I say "coming??"  HA.

Markle

Markle

ppaca wrote:There truly is something wrong with a person who thinks everyone is a progressive if they don't think like them.  Can't make this shit up.

Why do you find the term Progressive offensive?

You may call me Conservative all day long and I find it complimentary.

Markle

Markle

RealLindaL wrote:

You just realizing something is wrong with Markle, ppaca??  He's defective in so many ways I can't begin to count.

And yes, as others have also noted, he's coming even more unglued than ever before, desperately posting endless spam and crapola, because he knows perfectly well that Trump is nothing less than a huge disaster about to happen, and he wants to divert people's attention from the coming train wreck.

Oh, wait....did I say "coming??"  HA.

I agree that you cannot begin to count how I am "defective".  I put up threads, supported by FACTS, and ask anyone who disagrees to post their FACTS in opposition.  Instead, you and the others cannot dispute facts so you attack me personally and make every effort to shut me up since you cannot argue my facts.

Your own post here proves how childish are my opponents.  Sixth grade humor, I'm impressed!

Last edited by Markle on 1/27/2017, 7:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum