Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Five ways to judge Trump's illegitamacy

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

"The pathological is political.
By Sidney Blumenthal / Newsweek
January 17, 2017

Not since The Wizard of Oz has anyone proclaimed himself to be so great and powerful as Donald Trump.

He knows more than the generals, the spies and the senators. He knows more than the Federal Reserve, the State Department and the scientists.

He often tells us that he is “a smart person.” Explaining why he does not need to pay attention to intelligence briefings, he said, “I’m, like, a very smart person.”

Comparing himself to George Will and Karl Rove, he said, “I’m much smarter than them. I think I have a much higher I.Q. I think I went to a better college—better everything.”

He has said his mind works at “super genius stuff.” He has said that Vladimir Putin “called me a genius,” which he did not, though he did call him “talented.” Trump has said, “I have the world’s most selective memory.”

Trump’s challenge, however, doesn’t lie in the production values of smoke and mirrors. His struggle is against history. History cannot be bargained with, bought or intimidated.

Putin might remind Trump that it was the founder of the Red Army, Leon Trotsky, who remarked, “You may not care about history, but history cares about you.” Or, if you prefer, in another voice, an American one, it was William Faulkner who wrote, “The past is not dead—it’s not even past.”

The polls offer superficial signs of Trump’s underlying problem. Trump has the lowest approval rating for handling his transition of any president-elect in a quarter century—44 percent compared with  an average of 68 percent for the others, according to the Gallup poll.

The Quinnipiac poll measured Trump’s favorability about a week before his inauguration at 37 percent. These unprecedented low numbers for an incoming president are symptoms of a basic frailty.

Here’s where history, “selective memory,” if you will, cares about Donald Trump.

The Great and Powerful Trump is the weakest and most vulnerable president in at least 140 years. Behind the scowl and the curtain there is a diminished man who cannot shake off the circumstances surrounding his election."   There's more of the same in the rest of the article linked below.  

For electing the Pussy Grabber with the dead rat on his head, America deserves what it gets!

http://www.alternet.org/election-2016/donald-trump-illegitimate?akid=15118.260394.eUt7uC&rd=1&src=newsletter1070698&t=8

Last edited by Wordslinger on 1/18/2017, 2:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

il·le·git·i·ma·cy
ˈˌi(l)ləˈjidəməsē/
noun
the state of not being in accordance with accepted standards or rules; lack of authorization by the law.
"WORDSLINGER talks with anger about the illegitimacy of the election"

Please learn to spell WORDSLINGER.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Tellthetruth wrote:il·le·git·i·ma·cy
ˈˌi(l)ləˈjidəməsē/
noun
the state of not being in accordance with accepted standards or rules; lack of authorization by the law.
"WORDSLINGER  talks with anger about the illegitimacy of the election"

Please learn to spell WORDSLINGER.

Thank you my dear friend ...

Telstar

Telstar

Wordslinger wrote:"The pathological is political.
By Sidney Blumenthal / Newsweek
January 17, 2017

Not since The Wizard of Oz has anyone proclaimed himself to be so great and powerful as Donald Trump.

He knows more than the generals, the spies and the senators. He knows more than the Federal Reserve, the State Department and the scientists.

He often tells us that he is “a smart person.” Explaining why he does not need to pay attention to intelligence briefings, he said, “I’m, like, a very smart person.”

Comparing himself to George Will and Karl Rove, he said, “I’m much smarter than them. I think I have a much higher I.Q. I think I went to a better college—better everything.”

He has said his mind works at “super genius stuff.” He has said that Vladimir Putin “called me a genius,” which he did not, though he did call him “talented.” Trump has said, “I have the world’s most selective memory.”

Trump’s challenge, however, doesn’t lie in the production values of smoke and mirrors. His struggle is against history. History cannot be bargained with, bought or intimidated.

Putin might remind Trump that it was the founder of the Red Army, Leon Trotsky, who remarked, “You may not care about history, but history cares about you.” Or, if you prefer, in another voice, an American one, it was William Faulkner who wrote, “The past is not dead—it’s not even past.”

The polls offer superficial signs of Trump’s underlying problem. Trump has the lowest approval rating for handling his transition of any president-elect in a quarter century—44 percent compared with  an average of 68 percent for the others, according to the Gallup poll.

The Quinnipiac poll measured Trump’s favorability about a week before his inauguration at 37 percent. These unprecedented low numbers for an incoming president are symptoms of a basic frailty.

Here’s where history, “selective memory,” if you will, cares about Donald Trump.

The Great and Powerful Trump is the weakest and most vulnerable president in at least 140 years. Behind the scowl and the curtain there is a diminished man who cannot shake off the circumstances surrounding his election."   There's more of the same in the rest of the article linked below.  

For electing the Pussy Grabber with the dead rat on his head, America deserves what it gets!

http://www.alternet.org/election-2016/donald-trump-illegitimate?akid=15118.260394.eUt7uC&rd=1&src=newsletter1070698&t=8

He's like a very smart person because he played one on TV.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum