Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Republican SOP

+3
Telstar
knothead
polecat
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Republican SOP Empty Republican SOP 1/16/2017, 7:52 pm

polecat

polecat

From Jim Write Stonekettle

Gonna drain the swamp.

Gonna clean up Washington.

Going get rid of corruption and cronyism and crooked politicians.

Gonna Make America Great Again. It's gonna be so great. You won't even believe how great it's gonna be. People are saying it's gonna be great, so great, they're saying it. Great!

A year ago, Representative Tom Price (GA-R) invested in a company called Zimmer Biomet. Price bought $15,000 worth of stock in the company, which makes medical devices.

Now, there's nothing wrong with that, nothing unethical about a congressman investing some of his money in an American company. Happens all the time.

No, the unethical part came less than a week later.

When Price introduced the HIP Act.

H.R. 4848, the Healthy Inpatient Procedures Act of 2016.

What's that?

I'm glad you asked. You see, it's simple, really, you can sum the whole thing up in one line: "This bill delays and suspends implementation of Medicare's Comprehensive Care for Joint Replacement Model, which tests episode-based payment and quality measurement for care associated with hip and knee replacements."

HIP Act. Get it? Hilarious.

Basically, H.R. 4848 would delay until 2018 implementation of new rules governing how Medicare (you know, the healthcare insurance used mostly by old people) will pay for hip and knee replacements (you know, an operation common to, yep, older people).

What's that have to do with Zimmer Biomet, a company that makes medical devices?

Guess what they make.

Go on. Guess.

Industry analysts warned that the new regulations would SIGNIFICANTLY impact Zimmer Biomet's bottom line.

Significantly.

So, Price invested in a company.

And then a week later he introduced legislation that would delay implementation of regulations designed to increase safety and reliability of medical devices and save taxpayer money, a delay which would coincidentally also SIGNIFICANTLY increase the income of the same company he'd just invested in.

Cute, right?

No no, don't laugh. Not yet. We haven't got to the punchline.

You see, Tom Price is Donald Trump's pick for Secretary of HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES, the department which oversees implementation of Medicare and the regulation of medical device manufacturers.

And you wondered why Republicans want to rush Trump's cabinet picks through without an ethics review.

Bazinga!

2Republican SOP Empty Re: Republican SOP 1/16/2017, 8:00 pm

polecat

polecat

Funny as hell ain't it Markel?

3Republican SOP Empty Re: Republican SOP 1/16/2017, 8:00 pm

knothead

knothead

polecat wrote:From Jim Write Stonekettle

Gonna drain the swamp.

Gonna Make America Great Again. It's gonna be so great. You won't even believe how great it's gonna be. People are saying it's gonna be great, so great, they're saying it. Great!

A year ago, Representative Tom Price (GA-R) invested in a company called Zimmer Biomet. Price bought $15,000 worth of stock in the company, which makes medical devices.

Now, there's nothing wrong with that, nothing unethical about a congressman investing some of his money in an American company. Happens all the time.

What's that?

I'm glad you asked. You see, it's simple, really, you can sum the whole thing up in one line: "This bill delays and suspends implementation of Medicare's Comprehensive Care for Joint Replacement Model, which tests episode-based payment and quality measurement for care associated with hip and knee replacements."

Basically, H.R. 4848 would delay until 2018 implementation of new rules governing how Medicare (you know, the healthcare insurance used mostly by old people) will pay for hip and knee replacements (you know, an operation common to, yep, older people).

What's that have to do with Zimmer Biomet, a company that makes medical devices?

Guess what they make.

Go on. Guess.

Industry analysts warned that the new regulations would SIGNIFICANTLY impact Zimmer Biomet's bottom line.

Significantly.

And then a week later he introduced legislation that would delay implementation of regulations designed to increase safety and reliability of medical devices and save taxpayer money, a delay which would coincidentally also SIGNIFICANTLY increase the income of the same company he'd just invested in.

Cute, right?

You see, Tom Price is Donald Trump's pick for Secretary of HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES, the department which oversees implementation of Medicare and the regulation of medical device manufacturers.

And you wondered why Republicans want to rush Trump's cabinet picks through without an ethics review.

Bazinga!

WOW, had no clue about the backstory! I am not surprised at all, thanks for posting polecat . . . .

4Republican SOP Empty Re: Republican SOP 1/16/2017, 8:33 pm

Telstar

Telstar

polecat wrote:Funny as hell ain't it Markel?

More accurate if titled Republican POS.

5Republican SOP Empty Re: Republican SOP 1/16/2017, 8:46 pm

Markle

Markle

I'm going to keep my powder dry until we learn more.

Regardless, I don't see it as an issue. Today, $15,000 is a drop in the bucket. Personally, there are several companies in which I personally have bought more than that in stocks I liked. My net worth is a rounding error to that of Rep. Tom Price.

To a much lesser extent, I have bought medical device manufacturers stock. Reason being, I am fairly certain that the ObamaCare tax on medical devices will be a thing of the past fairly soon. Also, as 2seaoat is wont to advise us, the baby boomers are an ever growing percentage of our population.

6Republican SOP Empty Re: Republican SOP 1/16/2017, 11:10 pm

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

I think the new administration could use the help and advice of our governor (Florida) who has had experience with navigating the rules surrounding similar health related issues.

7Republican SOP Empty Re: Republican SOP 1/17/2017, 12:45 am

Markle

Markle

othershoe1030 wrote:I think the new administration could use the help and advice of our governor (Florida) who has had experience with navigating the rules surrounding similar health related issues.

It must pain you greatly that Governor Rick Scott and the Republican House and Senate have done such an excellent Job leading Florida.

Hang on, the same superior guidance is about to flow all across our great nation. Best you get ready.

Last edited by Markle on 1/17/2017, 4:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

8Republican SOP Empty Re: Republican SOP 1/17/2017, 8:07 am

Markle wrote:I'm going to keep my powder dry until we learn more.

Regardless, I don't see it as an issue.  Today, $15,000 is a drop in the bucket.  Personally, there are several companies in which I personally have bought more than that in stocks I liked.  My net worth is a rounding error to that of Rep. Tom Price.

To a much lesser extent, I have bought medical device manufacturers stock.  Reason being, I am fairly certain that the ObamaCare tax on medical devices will be a thing of the past fairly soon.  Also, as 2seaoat is wont to advise us, the baby boomers are an ever growing percentage of our population.

I don't know if y'all recall... but I sold a fledgling med equipment company in pensacola in 2009...

In the nick of time.

9Republican SOP Empty Re: Republican SOP 1/17/2017, 9:25 am

polecat wrote:From Jim Write Stonekettle

Gonna drain the swamp.

What's that?

Guess what they make.

Go on. Guess.

Significantly.

Cute, right?

Bazinga!

Good and we can start with how much money Nancy Pelosis husband made as well. cheers

10Republican SOP Empty Re: Republican SOP 1/17/2017, 9:32 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Pelosi's husband made millions.

11Republican SOP Empty Re: Republican SOP 1/17/2017, 9:45 am

Joanimaroni wrote:Pelosi's husband made millions.

As did Naughty Nancy... go figure... lol.

12Republican SOP Empty Re: Republican SOP 1/17/2017, 1:53 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Markle wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:I think the new administration could use the help and advice of our governor (Florida) who has had experience with navigating the rules surrounding similar health related issues./quote]

It must pain you greatly that Governor Rick Scott and the Republican House and Senate have done such an excellent Job leading Florida.

Hang on, the same superior guidance is about to flow all across our great nation.  Best you get ready.

Right... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

'The worst governor in the history of Florida?' | MSNBC
www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow.../the-worst-governor-the-history-flori...
Aug 19, 2015 - Gov. Rick Scott has agreed to spend $700,000 in taxpayer money to ... alleging he and several members of his staff violated state law when ...
Florida Governor Rick Scott's Chief of Staff Resigns in Corruption ...
www.alternet.org/.../florida_governor_rick_scott’s_chief_of_staff_resign...
Steve MacNamara, chief of staff to Florida Governor Rick Scott, has resigned after a scandal surrounding his steering no-bid contracts to friends. It's a return to ...
Governor Rick Scott Shows What a Real Scandal Looks Like | TIME
time.com/3023740/rick-scott-scandal-florida-governor/
Jul 23, 2014 - Governor Rick Scott Shows What a Real Scandal Looks Like ... Florida, when the company pushing it had financial ties to his chief of staff.
Just How Corrupt Is Florida Governor Rick Scott? - The Daily Banter
thedailybanter.com/2015/02/his-corruptness/
Feb 3, 2015 - His chief of staff had financial ties to Scott's All Aboard Florida project, which ... This could be a gubernatorial scandal that makes Chris Christie's ... Florida Governor Rick Scott Refused To Debate Tonight Because of... a Fan.
Rick Scott's corruption spiral?: Scandal swirls around another GOP ...
www.salon.com/.../rick_scotts_corruption_spiral_scandal_swirls_around...
Feb 18, 2015 - Storm clouds circle the Florida governor, who seems insulated only by ... then Scott's chief of staff, asked Bailey to name Orange County clerk of ...
Widening Scandal Surrounding Governor Rick Scott | NBC 6 South ...
www.nbcmiami.com/.../Widening-Scandal-Surrounding-Governor-Rick-...
Feb 4, 2015 - Widening Scandal Surrounding Governor Rick Scott ... Cabinet officials acknowledge that after Scott's re-election, his staff said they wanted to ...
Rick Scott's FDLE scandal blows open, demands probe - Orlando ...
www.orlandosentinel.com/.../os-fdle-rick-scott-maxwell-20150120-colu...
Jan 20, 2015 - Rick Scott's FDLE scandal blows wide open, demands probe. ... had made the mistake of standing up to the governor and his staff when he had ...
Florida governor embroiled in scandal at start of second term | Reuters
www.reuters.com/.../us-usa-florida-governor-idUSKBN0L929Y2015020...
Feb 5, 2015 - Republican Governor Rick Scott, off to a rocky start in his second ... ousted by Scott, accused the governor of neglecting staff shortages and ...
Rick Scott - Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rick_Scott
Richard Lynn "Rick" Scott (born December 1, 1952) is an American businessman and politician ... Scott announced his intention to run for governor of Florida, in 2010. ..... "Bringing HCA Back to Life After years of scandal, the hospital chain is ...
Florida Governor Rick Scott
www.flgov.com/

One scandal after another...and all the while, Rick Scott should have been in prison for Medicaid fraud.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum