Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

My dog is a Republican

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1My dog is a Republican Empty My dog is a Republican 1/1/2017, 2:02 am

2seaoat

I saw that bumper sticker in KY on a car with Oregon plates.  The guy also had a bumper sticker......my son is an eagle scout.   It once was lighthearted jest before the propagandist and hateful people became involved to shill for special interests.   I was a 13 year old kid going door to door for Goldwater, when this lady said I need to show you something.  She takes me to the bathroom where on the bottom of the toilet it said, put your Goldwater here.....it was funny.  Times were not so hateful.

2My dog is a Republican Empty Re: My dog is a Republican 1/1/2017, 2:34 am

RealLindaL

Goldwater toilet - funny. And yeah, I sure know what you mean about hateful times. Was just saying to hubby the other day that, as much I think being informed is good, I also think in many ways we were far better off before we knew so much -- better off before the invasiveness of 24 hour news, continuous talk radio, wild-ass websites, etc. etc. etc. I also know the proverbial genie is out of the bottle and there's no way to put the stopper back in, and we can't go backwards (nor should we want to, contrary to some Trumpians), but we sure as hell had better learn how to live better and be better and love better going forwards, or we are doomed for sure.

And on that note, happy 2017, everyone.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum