Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Happy Great Americans Day

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Happy Great Americans Day Empty Happy Great Americans Day 1/15/2017, 10:45 am

2seaoat

Make America great Again.   Take MLK holiday and change the name and honor Robert E. Lee.  Even the KKK could not have dreamed of such a victory in Biloxi Ms.  For 12 years I have been accused of being a race baiter and racist because I raise the issues of the politics of race.  The problem is I have many friends in Biloxi and used to spend time there regularly, and I can tell you I was never confused about the hate and fear, nor am I a bit surprised that with Trump the racist think they have a pass.  They do not.  Americans are good people.  They want a fair game.  Slavery was not a fair game.   Jim Crow was not a fair game.  Dog whistle was not a fair game.  Sometimes to move forward you need to expose the evil.  Mao had a campaign of a hundred flowers.  He encouraged diversity of thought and the arts.  Once those folks came out of the woodwork thinking that there was freedom, he systematically crushed the arts and freedom with strict conformity to his autocratic rule.   Here America will see the converse.  We will see evil raise it head to crush the rights of some Americans, but in this exposure is the path to defeat this evil and let good Americans prevail.

2Happy Great Americans Day Empty Re: Happy Great Americans Day 1/15/2017, 11:54 am

Strange... you even create things to be outraged about... lol.

BOO..!!

3Happy Great Americans Day Empty Re: Happy Great Americans Day 1/15/2017, 12:10 pm

2seaoat

I did not create systematic racism in the old confederacy. It was in my childhood with four bathrooms to choose, and it exists much the same as I enter my final time. The battle to correct what I consider as sin has been a life time commitment. It is the denial of the system of racism which every fair and good American must work to correct, yet cultural change is slow, and even today the assumptions of superiority coupled with hate and fear are pervasive every where I go in Santa Rosa County. The shear amount of poverty is mind numbing. The shear amount of folks on the government teat is mind numbing. The failure of ordinary folks to do work for themselves is mind boggling. My wife finds it amazing how taken aback older males are when she is buying items for our various projects as she loads the cart with lumber, men come up to her wanting to help, or tell her how to do things. She just shakes her head on their stereotypes and how helpless these grown men are. We have come from a culture where folks do it themselves. We came from an agricultural region where farmers and townspeople do not expect some lesser person to wipe their butts, but get into the pig chit and shovel. It is culture shock for us that after hundreds of years folks think superior white people do not take care of themselves. Well when poor people take this attitude, they are doomed to curse their children to this cycle of poverty. Folks need to work hard. They need to quit thinking the military and bases is economic progress and that the government teat is how you become tough and strong.......it is weakness, hate, fear, prejudice, and in the end a path to poverty.

4Happy Great Americans Day Empty Re: Happy Great Americans Day 1/15/2017, 4:05 pm

Telstar

Telstar

2seaoat wrote:Make America great Again.   Take MLK holiday and change the name and honor Robert E. Lee.  Even the KKK could not have dreamed of such a victory in Biloxi Ms.  For 12 years I have been accused of being a race baiter and racist because I raise the issues of the politics of race.  The problem is I have many friends in Biloxi and used to spend time there regularly, and I can tell you I was never confused about the hate and fear, nor am I a bit surprised that with Trump the racist think they have a pass.  They do not.  Americans are good people.  They want a fair game.  Slavery was not a fair game.   Jim Crow was not a fair game.  Dog whistle was not a fair game.  Sometimes to move forward you need to expose the evil.  Mao had a campaign of a hundred flowers.  He encouraged diversity of thought and the arts.  Once those folks came out of the woodwork thinking that there was freedom, he systematically crushed the arts and freedom with strict conformity to his autocratic rule.   Here America will see the converse.  We will see evil raise it head to crush the rights of some Americans, but in this exposure is the path to defeat this evil and let good Americans prevail.

If Florida is the armpit, Mississippi is the scrotum.

5Happy Great Americans Day Empty Re: Happy Great Americans Day 1/16/2017, 12:49 am

2seaoat

A great deal of hate from folks in Biloxi against people of color. It is so deeply buried in the culture and private schools that I do not think there is a solution in a generation or two. Why the need to rename MLK day?

6Happy Great Americans Day Empty Re: Happy Great Americans Day 1/16/2017, 1:58 am

Telstar

Telstar

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum