Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bernie takes Huge Trump Tweet to Senate & Demands Trump Veto Medicare-Social Security Cuts

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Bernie Sanders, Ranking Member of the Senate Budget Committee, presented a gigantic Trump tweet today on the Senate floor to demand that Trump stand by his campaign promises and veto any bills that come across his desk that cut Medicaid, Medicare or Social Security.  

Bernie Just Printed a Gigantic Trump Tweet and Brought It to the Senate Floor

The tweet dates from May of 2015 and proclaimed, “I was the first & only potential GOP candidate to state there will be no cuts to Social Security, Medicare & Medicaid. Huckabee copied me.”

Bernie said that if Trump plans to cut Medicare or Medicaid that he should just admit now that he was lying.

“Millions of people voted for him on the belief that he would keep his word,” Sanders said on the Senate floor, referring to Trump’s promises during the election campaign.

“If he was sincere, then I would hope that tomorrow or maybe today he could send out a tweet and tell his Republican colleagues to stop wasting their time and all of our time. And for Mr. Trump to tell the American people that he will veto any proposal that cuts Medicare, that cuts Medicaid or that cuts Social Security.”
The Senate voted on a budget resolution that will initiate the process to gut the Affordable Care Act.

Follow
Chuck Schumer ✔ @SenSchumer
The GOP's first move this Congress will be a full-scale assault on the three pillars of our health care system: Medicare, Medicaid & the ACA
10:20 AM - 4 Jan 2017
 2,181 2,181 Retweets   2,115 2,115 likes

As Bernie pointed out during today’s Senate session, the Republicans have had 8 years to come up with an alternative plan but have failed to do so and now they are attempting to throw 30 million people off of health care with no plan to provide health care to those people.

TRANSCRIPT EXCERPTS: BERNIE SANDERS

THEY HAVE HAD EIGHT YEARS THAT THEY HAVE BEEN THINKING ABOUT HOW TO COME UP WITH A NEW PLAN. THEY HAVE NO IDEAS. THEIR THEME IS TO REPEAL AND THEN DELAY, OR SOMEDAY THEY'RE GOING TO COME UP WITH A NEW PLAN. YOU DON'T DESTROY A HOUSE WITHOUT HAVING ANOTHER HOUSE IN WHICH PEOPLE TO LIVE. YOU DON'T THROW 30 MILLION PEOPLE OFF OF HEALTH CARE WITHOUT HAVING A PLAN TO PROVIDE HEALTH CARE TO THOSE PEOPLE.

SHOCK OF ALL SHOCKS, OUR REPUBLICAN COLLEAGUES WANT TO GIVE MASSIVE TAX BREAKS TO THE TOP 2%. NOW, AT A TIME WHEN THE TOP .1% OWNS ALMOST AS MUCH WEALTH AS THE BOTTOM 90%, WHEN THE TOP 1% IS EARNING -- EARNING 52% OF ALL NEW INCOME, YOU GO OUT AND YOU ASK YOUR CONSTITUENTS WHETHER WE SHOULD GIVE HUGE TAX BREAKS TO THE TOP 2%, AND THEY DON'T THINK THAT THAT IS A GOOD IDEA..."

Floridatexan wrote:Bernie Sanders, Ranking Member of the Senate Budget Committee, presented a gigantic Trump tweet today on the Senate floor to demand that Trump stand by his campaign promises and veto any bills that come across his desk that cut Medicaid, Medicare or Social Security.  

Bernie Just Printed a Gigantic Trump Tweet and Brought It to the Senate Floor

The tweet dates from May of 2015 and proclaimed, “I was the first & only potential GOP candidate to state there will be no cuts to Social Security, Medicare & Medicaid. Huckabee copied me.”

Bernie said that if Trump plans to cut Medicare or Medicaid that he should just admit now that he was lying.

“Millions of people voted for him on the belief that he would keep his word,” Sanders said on the Senate floor, referring to Trump’s promises during the election campaign.

“If he was sincere, then I would hope that tomorrow or maybe today he could send out a tweet and tell his Republican colleagues to stop wasting their time and all of our time. And for Mr. Trump to tell the American people that he will veto any proposal that cuts Medicare, that cuts Medicaid or that cuts Social Security.”
The Senate voted on a budget resolution that will initiate the process to gut the Affordable Care Act.

Follow
Chuck Schumer ✔ @SenSchumer
The GOP's first move this Congress will be a full-scale assault on the three pillars of our health care system: Medicare, Medicaid & the ACA
10:20 AM - 4 Jan 2017
 2,181 2,181 Retweets   2,115 2,115 likes

As Bernie pointed out during today’s Senate session, the Republicans have had 8 years to come up with an alternative plan but have failed to do so and now they are attempting to throw 30 million people off of health care with no plan to provide health care to those people.

TRANSCRIPT EXCERPTS: BERNIE SANDERS

THEY HAVE HAD EIGHT YEARS THAT THEY HAVE BEEN THINKING ABOUT HOW TO COME UP WITH A NEW PLAN. THEY HAVE NO IDEAS. THEIR THEME IS TO REPEAL AND THEN DELAY, OR SOMEDAY THEY'RE GOING TO COME UP WITH A NEW PLAN. YOU DON'T DESTROY A HOUSE WITHOUT HAVING ANOTHER HOUSE IN WHICH PEOPLE TO LIVE. YOU DON'T THROW 30 MILLION PEOPLE OFF OF HEALTH CARE WITHOUT HAVING A PLAN TO PROVIDE HEALTH CARE TO THOSE PEOPLE.

SHOCK OF ALL SHOCKS, OUR REPUBLICAN COLLEAGUES WANT TO GIVE MASSIVE TAX BREAKS TO THE TOP 2%. NOW, AT A TIME WHEN THE TOP .1% OWNS ALMOST AS MUCH WEALTH AS THE BOTTOM 90%, WHEN THE TOP 1% IS EARNING -- EARNING 52% OF ALL NEW INCOME, YOU GO OUT AND YOU ASK YOUR CONSTITUENTS WHETHER WE SHOULD GIVE HUGE TAX BREAKS TO THE TOP 2%, AND THEY DON'T THINK THAT THAT IS A GOOD IDEA..."

Something has to get cut or the threshold for SS taxes needs to be raised. Dems have given it to anyone and everyone who applies. Civilians get SS easier for more BS reasons than vets who have truly earned VA compensation  for serving their nation. It's sickening. I do fully expect the millennials to cut my SS check due to the spending  habits of Seaoats and older generations

2seaoat

Something has to get cut or the threshold for SS taxes needs to be raised. Dems have given it to anyone and everyone who applies. Civilians get SS easier for more BS reasons than vets who have truly earned VA compensation for serving their nation. It's sickening. I do fully expect the millennials to cut my SS check due to the spending habits of Seaoats and older generations

The need to raise contributions up to 500k, instead of allowing folks with higher incomes to stop contributing after they hit the threshold. Raise the threshold and most of the problem goes away. Where I disagree with Bernie is that I think the retirement age should be raised to 66 with 12 annual increases in the retirement month. If these two things are done, the social security trust fund is secure. Please give an example how vets are having a more difficult time with SS. It is a simple insurance trust fund. Folks should not have their sex, race, religion, or military service factored in when objective decisions are made under the actuarial tables which should guide the decisions of SS administrative.

My spending habits on my personal needs have always been modest compared to my income. I produce things. I build things. I grow the economy by working and taking huge risks increasing the American GDP. There are high rewards, and there are risks which can bring you down. I have never been a teat sucker and started working at 14 and paid every dime of my college, graduate school, and post graduate costs. Nobody gave me one dime as I started three business enterprises and had great success and also got the snot kicked out of me in the great recession. I wish you had other options in high school which would have allowed you to do your own thing and rise to your abilities. You seem frustrated with your military career, and your teaching career, and complain about not making enough money. You assume I had a silver spoon, or that I have one now. I do not. I work and make no apologies for the skills I have which allow me to be very happy with my vocation and the good things I do for people. I am now getting some of the social security I paid in, but will die before I get my benefits, and because my wife has a high teacher pension, she will not be eligible for my survivor benefits, so all those years of paying in will have that money go to someone else after I die......you play the cards you are given.

It can take up to two years after a claim is filed to get compensation. In the mean time, vets go without care and even when they finally get eligible, they end up dying waiting for care. It's all over the news clownshoes.

2seaoat

It can take up to two years after a claim is filed to get compensation. In the mean time, vets go without care and even when they finally get eligible, they end up dying waiting for care. It's all over the news clownshoes.

I know all kinds of vets who have never been to a VA hospital in their life. They work and have private insurance. My neighbor is self employed and goes to Madison Wisconsin VA, and has never had to wait, and is extremely happy with his care. My question is why does somebody who worked at a company for four years in 1970 expect that company to keep paying their insurance after they left?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum