Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Foreign Affairs magazine and an issue discussing American populism and fascism

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

Just found a recent issue of a magazine I used to subscribe to all through the eightiesin the Northwestern waiting room, and I was amazed at how good the articles were in detailing fascism in the early 1900s through the end of World War II, and then looking at two brands of American populism since the 1870s, where one was this xenophobic strain of anti catholic, chinese, Jewish, Italian, and Japanese, and the other was the "plain" type of populism which attacked the financial or banksters from out East who manipulated and controlled the nations financial health. These same threads were also in Europe where the populism morphed into the fascism which attacked democracy and ALL government. One of the authors argued that the populism which President elect Trump tapped into had both elements of traditional American populism, but also the dark fascist experience of Europe a century ago. They argue that the American experience of almost two hundred years of working our way through our democratic institutions has a firewall to the European spinning out of control evolution from populism to fascism which like the American tradition involved intense xenophobic and anti banking/financial system distrust which in the case of Nazi Germany had the convenient scapegoat of the Jew which the Propaganda in the xenophobic sense denied they were loyal Germans, and secondly the manipulators of the financial world which caused the financial retribution after WWI.

So basically after about six articles talking about fascism and populism, most of the authors believed that President elect Trump's populism and growing fascism will never metastasize to European fascism because Americans believe in Government, and it is a deep tradition which requires propagandist who are dark and evil who are advocates of fascism to attack all government, yet as bad as Americans hold Congress as a failure, they always think their incumbent congressman is an exception, that the local school board works, and that the alderman in their town is working to make government better. After reading these articles while waiting is put some forum members into focus as to what their true intents and influences are......to attack government and try to tear down that firewall which has historically stopped the evolution of populism into fascism. I am sorry I do not have the month of publication, but it was a remarkable issue.

knothead

knothead

2seaoat wrote:Just found a recent issue of a magazine I used to subscribe to all through the eightiesin the Northwestern waiting room, and I was amazed at how good the articles were in detailing fascism in the early 1900s through the end of World War II, and then looking at two brands of American populism since the 1870s, where one was this xenophobic strain of anti catholic, chinese,  Jewish, Italian, and Japanese, and the other was the "plain" type of populism which attacked the financial or banksters from out East who manipulated and controlled the nations financial health.  These same threads were also in Europe where the populism morphed into the fascism which attacked democracy and ALL government.  One of the authors argued that the populism which President elect Trump tapped into had both elements of traditional American populism, but also the dark fascist experience of Europe a century ago.  They argue that the American experience of almost two hundred years of working our way through our democratic institutions has a firewall to the European spinning out of control evolution from populism to fascism which like the American tradition involved intense xenophobic and anti banking/financial system distrust which in the case of Nazi Germany had the convenient scapegoat of the Jew which the Propaganda in the xenophobic sense denied they were loyal Germans, and secondly the manipulators of the financial world which caused the financial retribution after WWI.

So basically after about six articles talking about fascism and populism, most of the authors believed that President elect Trump's populism and growing fascism will never metastasize to European fascism because Americans believe in Government, and it is a deep tradition which requires propagandist who are dark and evil who are advocates of fascism to attack all government, yet as bad as Americans hold Congress as a failure, they always think their incumbent congressman is an exception, that the local school board works, and that the alderman in their town is working to make government better.   After reading these articles while waiting is put some forum members into focus as to what their true intents and influences are......to attack government and try to tear down that firewall which has historically stopped the evolution of populism into fascism.   I am sorry I do not have the month of publication, but it was a remarkable issue.

Sounds interesting . . . . thanks for sharing Mr. Oats!

2seaoat wrote:Just found a recent issue of a magazine I used to subscribe to all through the eightiesin the Northwestern waiting room, and I was amazed at how good the articles were in detailing fascism in the early 1900s through the end of World War II, and then looking at two brands of American populism since the 1870s, where one was this xenophobic strain of anti catholic, chinese,  Jewish, Italian, and Japanese, and the other was the "plain" type of populism which attacked the financial or banksters from out East who manipulated and controlled the nations financial health.  These same threads were also in Europe where the populism morphed into the fascism which attacked democracy and ALL government.  One of the authors argued that the populism which President elect Trump tapped into had both elements of traditional American populism, but also the dark fascist experience of Europe a century ago.  They argue that the American experience of almost two hundred years of working our way through our democratic institutions has a firewall to the European spinning out of control evolution from populism to fascism which like the American tradition involved intense xenophobic and anti banking/financial system distrust which in the case of Nazi Germany had the convenient scapegoat of the Jew which the Propaganda in the xenophobic sense denied they were loyal Germans, and secondly the manipulators of the financial world which caused the financial retribution after WWI.

So basically after about six articles talking about fascism and populism, most of the authors believed that President elect Trump's populism and growing fascism will never metastasize to European fascism because Americans believe in Government, and it is a deep tradition which requires propagandist who are dark and evil who are advocates of fascism to attack all government, yet as bad as Americans hold Congress as a failure, they always think their incumbent congressman is an exception, that the local school board works, and that the alderman in their town is working to make government better.   After reading these articles while waiting is put some forum members into focus as to what their true intents and influences are......to attack government and try to tear down that firewall which has historically stopped the evolution of populism into fascism.   I am sorry I do not have the month of publication, but it was a remarkable issue.

There's nothing more fascist than Obamacare.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum