Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Pathetic but this is how President Obama has left our country. Air Force facing dire personnel shortage

5 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Markle

Markle

The condition of our military is "DEPLORABLE".  This obvious weakness has encouraged Russia, China, and Radical Islams that the past eight years have been great for our enemies to push forward with their military adventurism.

AIR FORCE
Air Force facing dire personnel shortage
By Lucas Tomlinson  Published December 23, 2016

Earlier this year, top Air Force officials sounded the alarm about their thinning ranks -- saying they were 700 pilots and 4,000 mechanics short.

Now they warn the problem is far worse.

Under the latest estimates, the Air Force says it needs 30,000 airmen in the next five or six years. Today, the Air Force has 317,000 airmen.

“We've got a geriatric Air Force," said retired Lt. Gen. David Deptula. “We've got bombers and tankers that are over 50 years old. We have [training aircraft] that are over 40 years old, and we have [fighter jets] and helicopters that are over 30 years old. So this is a terrible place to be in when you have a world of ever-expanding threats.”

Air Force officials say they need forces to bolster nuclear, intelligence, space and maintenance jobs.

Earlier this year, Goldfein called the pilot shortage alone a crisis.

“Your Air Force has been at war since Desert Shield/Desert Storm. This wing has been at war since that time for 25 years. We went to the Middle East when Saddam Hussein invaded Kuwait, and we never left," said Col. Stephen Jost.

At the start of the Gulf War, the Air Force had 134 fighter squadrons. Over the past few decades, that number has been cut to 55.

Yet, the Air Force is conducting nearly 70 percent of the strike missions against ISIS and conducting 90 percent of midair refueling missions over Iraq and Syria since August 2014.

The United States Navy says it wants to increase its fleet by 30 percent as threats around the world intensify.

Today, the Navy has 273 ships and submarines, and a new Navy study released by the secretary of the Navy last week says it needs 355 in the future.

The focus is on attack submarines, necessary to keep tabs on the growing threat from China and what officials call the continued “militarization” of the South China Sea.

The Army and Marine Corps have also expressed a desire to grow their personnel, and get badly needed spare parts for their equipment and aircraft.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/12/23/air-force-facing-dire-personnel-shortage.html?refresh=true

Lame Duck President Barack Hussein Obama really believes this about the world around us.  Perhaps he learned that on the South Side of Chicago?

Pathetic but this is how President Obama has left our country.  Air Force facing dire personnel shortage Diane%20Feinstein_zpsgyl7lakh

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Markle wrote:The condition of our military is "DEPLORABLE".  This obvious weakness has encouraged Russia, China, and Radical Islams that the past eight years have been great for our enemies to push forward with their military adventurism.

AIR FORCE

Earlier this year, top Air Force officials sounded the alarm about their thinning ranks -- saying they were 700 pilots and 4,000 mechanics short.

Under the latest estimates, the Air Force says it needs 30,000 airmen in the next five or six years. Today, the Air Force has 317,000 airmen.

“We've got a geriatric Air Force," said retired Lt. Gen. David Deptula. “We've got bombers and tankers that are over 50 years old. We have [training aircraft] that are over 40 years old, and we have [fighter jets] and helicopters that are over 30 years old. So this is a terrible place to be in when you have a world of ever-expanding threats.”

Air Force officials say they need forces to bolster nuclear, intelligence, space and maintenance jobs.

“Your Air Force has been at war since Desert Shield/Desert Storm. This wing has been at war since that time for 25 years. We went to the Middle East when Saddam Hussein invaded Kuwait, and we never left," said Col. Stephen Jost.

At the start of the Gulf War, the Air Force had 134 fighter squadrons. Over the past few decades, that number has been cut to 55.

Yet, the Air Force is conducting nearly 70 percent of the strike missions against ISIS and conducting 90 percent of midair refueling missions over Iraq and Syria since August 2014.

The United States Navy says it wants to increase its fleet by 30 percent as threats around the world intensify.

Today, the Navy has 273 ships and submarines, and a new Navy study released by the secretary of the Navy last week says it needs 355 in the future.

The focus is on attack submarines, necessary to keep tabs on the growing threat from China and what officials call the continued “militarization” of the South China Sea.

The Army and Marine Corps have also expressed a desire to grow their personnel, and get badly needed spare parts for their equipment and aircraft.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/12/23/air-force-facing-dire-personnel-shortage.html?refresh=true

Lame Duck President Barack Hussein Obama really believes this about the world around us.  Perhaps he learned that on the South Side of Chicago?

Pathetic but this is how President Obama has left our country.  Air Force facing dire personnel shortage Diane%20Feinstein_zpsgyl7lakh

Considering the vicious way today's military personnel have been repeatedly sent off to fight wars we never intended to win, plus the awful punishment veterans must face when seeking medical help from the V.A. only a fool would consider joining one of our military forces.

There's nothing patriotic about playing soldier in Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria, Libya, Yemen, Somalia, North Africa ... blah blah blah.

As many of us see it, today's military personnel are VICTIMS.

I wonder how the Pussy Grabber with the dead rat on his head is going to raise troops?

A
Markle wrote:The condition of our military is "DEPLORABLE".  This obvious weakness has encouraged Russia, China, and Radical Islams that the past eight years have been great for our enemies to push forward with their military adventurism.

AIR FORCE

Democratic presidents always screw the military. It was bad under Carter and Clinton as well. They start crying "we are at peace" so let's have a "peace dividend" and tear down the military. With Obama he has invaded and bombed more nations than bush but libs ignore that fact. It also falls on leaders in the Pentagon to stand up to the POTUS and say when enough is enough. None recently have had the balls to fight social engineering (transgender agenda by Obama and the opening of combat arms jobs to females who cannot ever be expected to perform like males). AF leadership within Big Blue has been especially sissified though by Obama. All are politicians at that level and care more about the star or next one on their shoulder than they do folks working the mission. I"d toss out the current AFSOC and former AFSOC commanders though as they did exceptionally well for us at hurlburt/Duke in finding and protecting funds for us. 

The AF leadership problem starts with the F-35 though. It's a boondoggle. It has subcontractors in every state of the Union making it nearly impossible to kill due to the jobs involved. We've had cuts of personnel in 04, 08, 12, and 14 just to pay for the aforementioned platform that is still not combat ready and is
The biggest spending program ever for a weapon. On top of that, the AF continues is onslaught against its own people by adding additional duties beyond the career that are required for promotion, waste of time CBTs, and lately course 15 which is added PME that most find very little time to take based on job demands and the already burdensome PME that leadership thinks makes a better AF. We are also still deploying everywhere and when does a person see their family in that Ops tempo of never ending fuck-fuck that has become the AF? It's been calculated that only 8% of promotable folks will get past Course 15 which means a career ender for those not done. That's again, a leadership failure of putting too many wagon carts out for the mules to pull.  There's still just 24 hours in a day. Only so much can get done. So, you have folks on the AD side pulling up chocks and bolting for other opportunities be it the civilian sector if they are lucky or doing the palace chase thing ( volunteering to go to reserve side to finish out enlistments ). Even with that influx we can't get enough people at Duke qualified to do the SOF mission they are assigned because it's so specialized. We can blame Obama for sure, but over his tenure of office, we have had some straight up folks who have sold out to Obama to enhance their careers at the expense of the airman for weapons systems and personal gain. The antithesis of what is needed is men like McChrystal and Mattis who resigned their spots after not agreeing with Obama over how things should be led.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

The USAF is the last military branch I would ever consider serving in. Bunch of spoiled prima-donnas.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

2seaoat

Trump has talked about addressing the costs over runs on the F 35, I am hoping he is sincere in cutting wasteful spending. I have always believed that a 25% cut in defense spending has to start with our carrier groups and our over seas bases. Sanity has to start somewhere.

dumpcare

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:The USAF is the last military branch I would ever consider serving in. Bunch of spoiled prima-donnas.

Hey they only served me breakfast in bed when I was stationed at Hq Command AF, otherwise when I was overseas we were on our own. lol! lol!

dumpcare

All the branches will be depleted, who the hell wants to join to fight unwinnable wars?

Markle

Markle

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:The USAF is the last military branch I would ever consider serving in. Bunch of spoiled prima-donnas.

In what branch did you serve?

Markle

Markle

ppaca wrote:All the branches will be depleted, who the hell wants to join to fight unwinnable wars?

Perhaps you haven't noticed. We have a new president. I also foresee a drastic change in our rules of engagement.

dumpcare

Oh, but I have noticed we have a new President, one that wants to cut military contractor's. So who is going to build these weapon's of war for all the new recruits he's working on? Is he going to farm it out overseas?

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Markle wrote:

In what branch did you serve?

Pathetic but this is how President Obama has left our country.  Air Force facing dire personnel shortage 20130227-usmc

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

ppaca wrote:

Hey they only served me breakfast in bed when I was stationed at Hq Command AF, otherwise when I was overseas we were on our own. lol! lol!

When I was on Okinawa in 1979, as a USMC O-3, I was billeted in a small, one-room shanty with a shared bathroom and a used window AC that I had to purchase myself for cooling. On return from a trip to Korea, I gave a lift once to a young USAF 2LT from the airfield at Kadena Air Base to her quarters on that base, and helped her carry her luggage to her room--I was flabbergasted at how posh the rooms were for USAF junior officers.

I was back again a few years later, and would go to the brand new gym at Kadena, which was layed out like it was a resort. The gym a few miles away at MCAS Futenma was Spartan, by comparison, and very heavily used.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
ppaca wrote:

When I was on Okinawa in 1979, as a USMC O-3, I was billeted in a small, one-room shanty with a shared bathroom and a used window AC that I had to purchase myself for cooling. On return from a trip to Korea, I gave a lift once to a young USAF 2LT from the airfield at Kadena Air Base to her quarters on that base, and helped her carry her luggage to her room--I was flabbergasted at how posh the rooms were for USAF junior officers.

I was back again a few years later, and would go to the brand new gym at Kadena, which was layed out like it was a resort. The gym a few miles away at MCAS Futenma was Spartan, by comparison, and very heavily used.

Zug ... the essential difference between the Air Force and the Army or Marine Corps is the USAF is civilized. Ditto for the Navy and Coast Guard. By the way, you can get killed in any one of those services, but I imagine the odds are highest for the Marine Corp to have their lives wasted. When I served in the USAF, if any non-com or officer ordered us to charge an enemy machine gun, we would have looked at each other, rolled our eyes and sat down. That's a job for Marines or Army grunts, we would have said.

Markle

Markle

ppaca wrote:Oh, but I have  noticed we have a new President, one that wants to cut military contractor's. So who is going to build these weapon's of war for all the new recruits he's working on? Is he going to farm it out overseas?

Where did President-Elect Donald Trump say he was going to eliminate some military contractors?

Last edited by Markle on 12/27/2016, 6:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

Markle

Markle

Wordslinger wrote:
ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
ppaca wrote:

Zug ... the essential difference between the Air Force and the Army or Marine Corps is the USAF is civilized.  Ditto for the Navy and Coast Guard.  By the way, you can get killed in any one of those services, but I imagine the odds are highest for the Marine Corp to have their lives wasted.  When I served in the USAF, if any non-com or officer ordered us to charge an enemy machine gun, we would have looked at each other, rolled our eyes and sat down.  That's a job for Marines or Army grunts, we would have said.

Why am I not surprised?

Pathetic but this is how President Obama has left our country.  Air Force facing dire personnel shortage Snowflake_zps8etsue8a

2seaoat

Shirtless Mr. Markle in the backyard holding a shovel.......growl........a tough guy Embarassed

You've never worked with battlefield airmen/SOF/USSOCOM. Speaking of prima-donnas, I met plenty of those in the Corps. They exist in all branches.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Markle wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:
ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
ppaca wrote:

Zug ... the essential difference between the Air Force and the Army or Marine Corps is the USAF is civilized.  Ditto for the Navy and Coast Guard.  By the way, you can get killed in any one of those services, but I imagine the odds are highest for the Marine Corp to have their lives wasted.  When I served in the USAF, if any non-com or officer ordered us to charge an enemy machine gun, we would have looked at each other, rolled our eyes and sat down.  That's a job for Marines or Army grunts, we would have said.

Why am I not surprised?

Pathetic but this is how President Obama has left our country.  Air Force facing dire personnel shortage Snowflake_zps8etsue8a

Tell us again how you saved America from the Soviets single-handedly. I love to hear how tough and courageous you once were ... LOL

2seaoat wrote:Trump has talked about addressing the costs over runs on the F 35, I am hoping he is sincere in cutting wasteful spending.   I have always believed that a 25% cut in defense spending has to start with our carrier groups and our over seas bases.  Sanity has to start somewhere.
We aren't at peace. It's no time to cut and our carriers will be what we truly need going up against China and Russia . Hussein has us at a Cold War footing thanks to his fecklessness and failure to lead.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Tellthetruth wrote:
2seaoat wrote:Trump has talked about addressing the costs over runs on the F 35, I am hoping he is sincere in cutting wasteful spending.   I have always believed that a 25% cut in defense spending has to start with our carrier groups and our over seas bases.  Sanity has to start somewhere.
We aren't at peace. It's no time to cut and our carriers will be what we truly need going up against China and Russia . Hussein has us at a Cold War footing thanks to his fecklessness and failure to lead.

In an all-out war with China or Russia, our carriers won't last ten minutes. Have you already forgotten how two Russian fighters buzzed one of our destroyers -- after first shutting down their defensive computers?

Your problem is your still exercising military thinking of forty years ago.
Truth is, once again our best military outfits will be bringing knives to a gunfight. It figures, because the only fighting your generation has seen has been using our best military stuff against goat herders with AKs. Both China and Russia are light years ahead of us when it comes to cyber warfare. What good are your carriers going to be when the continental United States has no electricity, water, communications, or public transportation?

Christ. No wonder we haven't won a war in thirty years!

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Hey Markle: When they ask for volunteers to charge a machine-gun nest, be my guest. Only, leave me the keys to your footlocker before you go ... Okay?

Markle

Markle

Wordslinger wrote:Hey Markle:  When they ask for volunteers to charge a machine-gun nest, be my guest.  Only, leave me the keys to your footlocker before you go ... Okay?

"Machine-gun nest". You've been watching too many WW-II movies. Everything since has been gorilla style, house to house battles.

No one got the key to my footlocker.

From your writings, you'd be much like John Kerry. ONE of his PURPLE HEARTS, came from Kerry firing a grenade launcher too close to his boat. Kerry got a sliver of shrapnel in his shoulder. He slept in his tent that night and the Doc. removed it with a tweezer the next morning and put a Bandaid on his shoulder. Kerry put in for a Purple Heart.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Markle wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:Hey Markle:  When they ask for volunteers to charge a machine-gun nest, be my guest.  Only, leave me the keys to your footlocker before you go ... Okay?

"Machine-gun nest".  You've been watching too many WW-II movies.  Everything since has been gorilla style, house to house battles.

No one got the key to my footlocker.

From your writings, you'd be much like John Kerry.  ONE of his PURPLE HEARTS, came from Kerry firing a grenade launcher too close to his boat.  Kerry got a sliver of shrapnel in his shoulder.  He slept in his tent that night and the Doc. removed it with a tweezer the next morning and put a Bandaid on his shoulder.  Kerry put in for a Purple Heart.

Please supply the evidence that Kerry "put in " for a purple heart. And it's obvious to me, that in combat you're the kind of guy who would always be looking for a place to hide. I never knew a tough guy who had to brag. LOL

Wordslinger wrote:
Tellthetruth wrote:

In an all-out war with China or Russia, our carriers won't last ten minutes.  Have you already forgotten how two Russian fighters buzzed one of our destroyers -- after first shutting down their defensive computers?

Truth is, once again our best military outfits will be bringing knives to a gunfight.  It figures, because the only fighting your generation has seen has been using our best military stuff against goat herders with AKs.  Both China and Russia are light years ahead of us when it comes to cyber warfare.  What good are your carriers going to be when the continental United States has no electricity, water, communications, or public transportation?  

Christ.  No wonder we haven't won a war in thirty years!  

They buzzed our ships because they were under orders to pretend nothing was happening because we know that Obama can't fight his way out of wet paper bag. You always have some sort of excuse, but your generation lost its wars of Korea and Vietnam. Sad for you that you guys sucked so bad at fighting.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Tellthetruth wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:
Tellthetruth wrote:

In an all-out war with China or Russia, our carriers won't last ten minutes.  Have you already forgotten how two Russian fighters buzzed one of our destroyers -- after first shutting down their defensive computers?

Truth is, once again our best military outfits will be bringing knives to a gunfight.  It figures, because the only fighting your generation has seen has been using our best military stuff against goat herders with AKs.  Both China and Russia are light years ahead of us when it comes to cyber warfare.  What good are your carriers going to be when the continental United States has no electricity, water, communications, or public transportation?  

Christ.  No wonder we haven't won a war in thirty years!  

They buzzed our ships because they were under orders to pretend nothing was happening because we know that Obama can't fight his way out of wet paper bag. You always have some sort of excuse, but your generation lost its wars of Korea and Vietnam. Sad for you that you guys sucked so bad at fighting.

Okay ... now let's look at your generation of dimwit, coddled, incapable, poorly trained and led fighters:  Afhanistan, Iraq, Somalia, Libya, Yemen, etc.  Korea lasted three years.  Vietnam lasted 11 years.  How long have we been fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan?  

Truth is, in Korea, once the North Koreans attacked the South and crossed the 38th Parallel, we didn't have much choice.  Vietnam and all the other wars we've lost and/or are still fighting and losing, were decisions to go to war made by the U.S. State Department and the relevant President at the time.  It's clear to me and thousands of intelligent (say it slowly) in-tell-i-gent ... Americans, we never meant to win any of those wars and still don't.  The game is to feed big bucks to the MIC and exploit dummies like you who think they're going off to save America by fighting goat herders.

Once again, your stupidity is awesome.  I have no idea what your rank is in the AF Reserve, but based on your level of thinking they should make you a general right away!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum