Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Steve Bannon -- racist, mysogynest, xenophobe -- is no anomaly . . .

+2
ZVUGKTUBM
2seaoat
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Yes, there's no doubt the rigged economy and the falling wage crisis, combined with the loss of American manufacturing, helped propel Trump's awesome victory.

For the broad majority of Americans, earnings have been stagnant for more than a decade, and there's no light at the end of the tunnel.

Meanwhile, the onslaught of Latino illegal immigration, and the promise of thousands upon thousands of Muslims from the war torn countries of the Mideast, plus the growing drug and crime and unemployment problems of our urban black populations, exacerbate white Christian racial fears -- the fears of "them."

Add in the fact that white Christian America is soon to be the minority, and you have the perfect poisonous mix to ignite rampant racism.

The mainstream media has been handling Bannon as though he was a unique individual, a hateful symbol of KKK-like bigotry and xenophobia, a pariah.

Bullshit. Breitbart's success belies any assessment that racism and bigotry in the good old U.S.A. is a minor problem.

Today's America is a bastion of fear and hatred, and Steve Bannon isn't uniquely terrible. Far from it. The odds are very high that he represents middle class white Christian America, as it fears the inevitable loss of its traditional dominance in a country that has been driven by racism from before it became an independent nation.

A good Indian is a Dead Indian.

Negroes are primitive, partially developed human beings.

Jews only think of money and will rob you blind as often as they can.

The god-damned railroad brought in Chinese laborers so they wouldn't have to pay our boys a decent wage.

Those damned Mexicans are working for lower wages and that keeps our wages down.

Muslims want Sharia and hate us. Killing non-believers is part of their religion! You can't trust any of them God-damned Muslims.

The land of justice and equality was begun by wealthy men who believed that slavery was perfectly acceptable.

Among white Christian America, Steve Bannon is no anomaly.

Reality.

2seaoat

I feel entirely vindicated for years of talking about the rampant racism in America, and the dog whistle politics......well it appears now not only was I completely correct, but the charade of dog whistle is hardly necessary under the new administration.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Not only, Lame Dork poster Markle creates more than half of his propaganda threads using articles from that whacko, Alt Right website, Beitbart.com. Then, if you ignore or challenge his misinformation, he comes back to tell you to disprove what he posts.

This means that the Lame Dork must actually believe that the whacko Alt Right junk he reads is really true. Pitiful........

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Markle

Markle

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:Not only, Lame Dork poster Markle creates more than half of his propaganda threads using articles from that whacko, Alt Right website, Beitbart.com. Then, if you ignore or challenge his misinformation, he comes back to tell you to disprove what he posts.

This means that the Lame Dork must actually believe that the whacko Alt Right junk he reads is really true. Pitiful........

OH, THE HUMANITY! Being asked to show what you are raving about isn't true and is misinformation. I understand your desperation.

Wordslinger wrote:Yes, there's no doubt the rigged economy and the falling wage crisis, combined with the loss of American manufacturing, helped propel Trump's awesome victory.  

For the broad majority of Americans, earnings have been stagnant for more than a decade, and there's no light at the end of the tunnel.

Meanwhile, the onslaught of Latino illegal immigration, and the promise of thousands upon thousands of Muslims from the war torn countries of the Mideast, plus the growing drug and crime and unemployment problems of our urban black populations, exacerbate white Christian racial fears -- the fears of "them."

Add in the fact that white Christian America is soon to be the minority, and you have the perfect poisonous mix to ignite rampant racism.

The mainstream media has been handling Bannon as though he was a unique individual, a hateful symbol of KKK-like bigotry and xenophobia, a pariah.  

Bullshit.  Breitbart's success belies any assessment that racism and bigotry in the good old U.S.A. is a minor problem.  

Today's America is a bastion of fear and hatred, and Steve Bannon isn't uniquely terrible.  Far from it.  The odds are very high that he represents middle class white Christian America, as it fears the inevitable loss of its traditional dominance in a country that has been driven by racism from before it became an independent nation.

The god-damned railroad brought in Chinese laborers so they wouldn't have to pay our boys a decent wage.

Those damned Mexicans are working for lower wages and that keeps our wages down.

Muslims want Sharia and hate us.  Killing non-believers is part of their religion! You can't trust any of them God-damned Muslims.  

The land of justice and equality was begun by wealthy men who believed that slavery was perfectly acceptable.

Reality.

What would Jeremiah wright and Bill ayers qualify in regards to Obama then?

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Tellthetruth wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:Yes, there's no doubt the rigged economy and the falling wage crisis, combined with the loss of American manufacturing, helped propel Trump's awesome victory.  

Bullshit.  Breitbart's success belies any assessment that racism and bigotry in the good old U.S.A. is a minor problem.  

Today's America is a bastion of fear and hatred, and Steve Bannon isn't uniquely terrible.  Far from it.  The odds are very high that he represents middle class white Christian America, as it fears the inevitable loss of its traditional dominance in a country that has been driven by racism from before it became an independent nation.

Muslims want Sharia and hate us.  Killing non-believers is part of their religion! You can't trust any of them God-damned Muslims.  

Reality.

What would Jeremiah wright and Bill ayers qualify in regards to Obama then?

My point is the U.S.A. is a bastion of racism. If you want to add names that's fine with me. By the way, I'm not sure Ayers is a Christian. At least I hope not. I like the guy.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

I can't remember how I came across this article but it deserves to be read and understood at this point. I have many concerns about this new administration. Most of them are circulating around the notion of Trump being a well intentioned player. I don't think it would be wise to make that assumption.

Many of the behaviors we expect from a president are not part of the law but are accepted traditions such as submitting actual medical and tax records, not ditching the press assigned to cover his every move and to divest himself of investments that might present a conflict of interests between them and the best course for the country.

It concerns me greatly that so far no one has been able to force Trump to conform. He is basically thumbing his nose at these expectations. His public example of behavior has freed up all this white nationalist BS to the point that we're seeing a spike in hate crimes as he gives approval to this sort of thinking. He or his people talk about registration of Muslims etc. We are in very dangerous waters.

Rule #1: Believe the autocrat. He means what he says. Whenever you find yourself thinking, or hear others claiming, that he is exaggerating, that is our innate tendency to reach for a rationalization. This will happen often: humans seem to have evolved to practice denial when confronted publicly with the unacceptable. Back in the 1930s, The New York Times assured its readers that Hitler’s anti-Semitism was all posture. More recently, the same newspaper made a telling choice between two statements made by Putin’s press secretary Dmitry Peskov following a police crackdown on protesters in Moscow: “The police acted mildly—I would have liked them to act more harshly” rather than those protesters’ “liver should have been spread all over the pavement.” Perhaps the journalists could not believe their ears. But they should—both in the Russian case, and in the American one. For all the admiration Trump has expressed for Putin, the two men are very different; if anything, there is even more reason to listen to everything Trump has said. He has no political establishment into which to fold himself following the campaign, and therefore no reason to shed his campaign rhetoric. On the contrary: it is now the establishment that is rushing to accommodate him—from the president, who met with him at the White House on Thursday, to the leaders of the Republican Party, who are discarding their long-held scruples to embrace his radical positions.

http://www.nybooks.com/daily/2016/11/10/trump-election-autocracy-rules-for-survival/

RealLindaL

Other, your concerns are mine, also. It's all very depressing and frightening. I don't think anyone has any idea what's coming.

I'm heading off to bed -- to sleep, perchance to dream...of happier days.

Goodnight all,
LL

RealLindaL wrote:Other, your concerns are mine, also.  It's all very depressing and frightening.  I don't think anyone has any idea what's coming.

Goodnight all,
LL
Conservatives lived this for 8 years. Welcome to the club and eat it with a spoon.

RealLindaL

Tellthetruth wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:Other, your concerns are mine, also.  It's all very depressing and frightening.  I don't think anyone has any idea what's coming.

Goodnight all,
LL
Conservatives lived this for 8 years. Welcome to the club and eat it with a spoon.

If Americans -- or at least certain huge sectors of them -- are unhappy for a good part of the time because of our governmental system and/or the quality of people elected to participate therein, is that a reason to celebrate and be an asshole about it when those of your viewpoint happen to prevail? Mean-hearted gloating is nothing less than low class and childish, and adds nothing to the national conversation.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum