Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The fervent desire for change gave us Obama. Now it's brought us Trump

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

It was the promise of change that elected Obama.  But the establishment, liberal and conservative, quickly put him under control.  We didn't get the change we wanted: the fixing of an economic system which no longer benefited the broad majority of the American people, but accelerated the profits that flowed to the 1%.  Our manufacturing sector was decimated due to legislators who had been bought, including NAFTA and other trade agreements which brought riches to China, Japan and other countries.  The costs of our education rose, while the quality of our education fell.  The same with healthcare.  Our involvement in unwinnable never-ending wars continued. Obama didn't deliver the change he promised.  And that's why Hillary was defeated. Both Clintons represent the establishment, and that's why Trump -- who promised real change -- was elected.

I read where Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell are both delighted at Trump's win, and that Ryan is aggressively working now to form bills that will privatize social security and medicare.

Fact:  Many of the major changes Trump promised during the campaign are in direct conflict with the goals of the traditional (establishment) republican party.

We now have the current promiser of change in the White House.  But the congress remains very much under the control of the establishment.

Anyone who thinks the main issue is liberal vs. conservative is as blind as the media pundits who predicted Hillary's victory.  

Obama was unable to bring real change.  Now it's Trump's turn.  But the enemy isn't about to give up.  Trump's biggest enemies will be the same republicans who opposed him during the campaign.

This country was formed by the rich, for the rich and of the rich, and it hasn't changed.

Trump hasn't any idea of the dimension of the new fight with which he must contend.

I bet he'll fail.  But historically the political pendulum swings back and forth.  And the desire for real change will not diminish among the great majority of Americans, be they right or left.

Reality.

I think Trump can get both sets of people to work together. He has been making deals all of his business life. You are right the pendulum swings and I even said it as much back in 2010 when Obamacare was passed. I said it would swing back and swing back hard. It has. I am going out on a limb to say Trump will be more willing to work with Dems than Obama would work with the GOP.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

When you look at it, Janet Yellen holds more power than Trump or Obama, and she was not elected to her position. All she has to do is wake up and announce that interest rates will change one way or another, and the stock market can be placed in upheaval with the economy soon to follow.

The single worst policy calamity in American history was the passage of the 1913 Federal Reserve Act. That let the fox directly into the henhouse and it was what Wall Street had been aiming for (to get control of the dollar) all along.

President Trump will have to consider Yellen and her lofty position in making just about any decision.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:When you look at it, Janet Yellen holds more power than Trump or Obama, and she was not elected to her position. All she has to do is wake up and announce that interest rates will change one way or another, and the stock market can be placed in upheaval with the economy soon to follow.

The single worst policy calamity in American history was the passage of the 1913 Federal Reserve Act. That let the fox directly into the henhouse and it was what Wall Street had been aiming for (to get control of the dollar) all along.

President Trump will have to consider Yellen and her lofty position in making just about any decision.

No body cares. That's just labeled glibertarian and dismissed. Woodrow Wilson was a son of a bitch.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum