Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

VoteCastr Project

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1VoteCastr Project Empty VoteCastr Project 11/8/2016, 12:55 pm

Sal

Sal

Something interesting to look at while we await tonight's final tallies ....

This Election Day will be different—regardless of how it ends. This time, for the first time, you won’t have to wait until the polls close to find out what happened while they were open. In partnership with the data startup VoteCastr, Slate will be publishing real-time projections of which candidate is winning at any given moment of the day in seven battleground states, any of which could decide who is the next president of the United States.

This, as you may have heard, is controversial. It will break a decadeslong journalistic tradition whereby media outlets obey a self-imposed embargo on voting information under the unproven theory that it might depress turnout on Election Day. But as our Editor-in-Chief Julia Turner put it this summer when she announced the VoteCastr partnership: “The role of journalists is to bring information to people, not to protect them from it.” For the first time, you’ll have access to the same kind of data that campaigns use to monitor voting activity and frame their thinking throughout Election Day. We teamed up with VoteCastr because we don’t think there’s any good reason the candidates and their teams should have a monopoly on that kind of information.

Check it out ....

http://www.slate.com/votecastr_election_day_turnout_tracker.html

2VoteCastr Project Empty Re: VoteCastr Project 11/8/2016, 1:03 pm

Sal

Sal

I actually think this is a lamentable abuse of the editorial process and has the potential to subvert the integrity of the democratic process.

And, I'll be checking it obsessively throughout the day.

3VoteCastr Project Empty Re: VoteCastr Project 11/8/2016, 1:08 pm

I'm pretty sure that slate will tell you what you want to hear.

4VoteCastr Project Empty Re: VoteCastr Project 11/8/2016, 1:37 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Very interesting.....

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

5VoteCastr Project Empty Re: VoteCastr Project 11/8/2016, 2:17 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

Looks like Clinton is pulling away in Florida. She was up about 180k earlier and now is estimated to be up by about 220k.

This is going to be a very short election night.

6VoteCastr Project Empty Re: VoteCastr Project 11/8/2016, 4:00 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

And now she's up 291k in FL and is less than 100k votes shy of what Obama earned in 2012.

It is too early to pop the bubbly?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum