Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Compare and Contrast .... Please

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sal

Sal

“At my school, body image is a really big issue for girls my age,” began Brennan Leach, 15, who had a red bow in her hair. “I see with my own eyes the damage Donald Trump does when he talks about women and how they look.”

How, she asked, could Mrs. Clinton help girls understand “that they are so much more than just what they look like?”

Briefly, Mrs. Clinton appeared ready to rocket out of her seat.

“Thank you!” the candidate shouted, as the crowd cheered Brennan. “Thank you!”

Mrs. Clinton had been holding forth on Tuesday in a Haverford community center gymnasium, beside her daughter, Chelsea, and the actress Elizabeth Banks, for a town hall — a “FAMILY TOWN HALL,” according to the blue block letters behind her onstage — speaking to a largely female crowd in the kind of Philadelphia suburb that could decide this critical state.

Brennan’s question was the first of the day and, for Mrs. Clinton, the most potent.

Since last week’s debate, Mrs. Clinton has brought attention to Mr. Trump’s history of making disparaging remarks about the appearance of women, particularly his comments about the weight of the 1996 Miss Universe, Alicia Machado. Even before the debate, Mrs. Clinton’s team had released an evocative ad that featured girls looking anxiously in their mirrors, scored to a selection of Trump insults.

On Tuesday, Mrs. Clinton said she was “so proud” of Brennan for asking the question. Mr. Trump, she agreed, “has taken this concern to a new level of difficulty and meanness.”

She reminded the room that “young women begin to get influenced at earlier and earlier ages” by social expectations of body image.

“My opponent insulted Miss Universe!” she said, to laughs. “How do you get more acclaimed than that? But it wasn’t good enough.”

She went on.

“We can’t take any of this seriously anymore,” she said, her voice building. “We need to laugh at it. We need to refute it. We need to ignore it. And we need to stand up to it.”

She spoke of the “many young women online who are being bullied.” Some were hurting themselves, she said. It had to stop.

“We’re not all going to end up being Miss Universe, I hate to tell you,” she continued, wrapping up. “So let’s be the best we can be. Let’s be proud of who we are.”

The audience, which included many parents and their children, roared.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/05/us/politics/hillary-clinton-campaign.html

2seaoat

Any father of a girl or granddaughters cannot vote for Trump if that was his only issue, but when you pile tenfold his disqualifications it has never been more clear......this criminal belongs in jail. He is an exploitation machine who needs to be shut down.

Telstar

Telstar

WATCH: Megyn Kelly calls bulls*t on Kellyanne Conway for suggesting Trump doing better with women

Fox News host Megyn Kelly called out Trump campaign manager Kellyanne Conway on Tuesday after she tried to suggest that Donald Trump had strong support from women voters.

Following Tuesday night’s Vice Presidential Debate in Virginia, Kelly noted that GOP V.P. candidate Mike Pence had falsely stated that neither he nor Trump had ever said that Russian President Vladimir Putin was a stronger leader than President Barack Obama.

“Putin has had journalists shot in the street so it’s a little jarring to hear him praised by Donald Trump as a strong leader,” Kelly explained.

“Nobody thinks Obama is a strong leader,” Conway replied. “Why, in the new CNN poll, is Hillary at 53 percent among women? She’s running as the first female president. There’s something holding her back.”

But that statement didn’t pass the smell test with Kelly.

“She’s beating Donald Trump by some 20 points with women,” the Fox News host interrupted. “I mean, why is Donald Trump at 32 percent?”

“Not really,” Conway shrugged. “Not in all polls.”

“You are sitting here suggesting, why are her numbers low with women and you work for Donald Trump!” Kelly exclaimed. “His numbers are historically low for a Republican nominee with women. Historically low.”

“Mitt Romney lost women by 13 points and John McCain lost by 13,” Conway argued.

“Mitt Romney’s numbers are crushing Donald Trump’s numbers with women. Crushing them!” Kelly observed. “There’s 35 days to go, Kellyanne. The criticism of Donald Trump is that he was doing well and that he was rebounding and his numbers in various states were rebounding and then he went after Miss Universe and talked about her being too fat and talked about women’s looks again. And women don’t like that, according to these polls.”

“I guess I would focus on why we’re here, which is the vice presidential debate,” Conway said.

Watch the video below from Fox News, broadcast Oct. 5, 2016.

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/10/watch-megyn-kelly-calls-bullst-on-kellyanne-conway-for-suggesting-trump-doing-better-with-women/

RealLindaL

WOO HOO for Megyn Kelly!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum