Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

This is getting serious..........

+5
TEOTWAWKI
2seaoat
Yella
no stress
Nekochan
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

My next door neighbor was a victim of a attempted Car jacking. They jumped in his car when he stopped for the light at Old Corry and Navy Blvd. He drives a old Blazer and the Power door lock dont always work very well. They jumped in and held a gun to his head. When they found out he did not have any cash they hit him the head with the gun. He fought back and was able to hurt his attacker. The entire side of his face is severely swollen and it required about 18 stitches to close his wounds. He asked me not to go to much in to details as there is still a on going investigation.
Damn it to hell. This is happening more and more. This really bothers me as it my next door neighbor. Be careful....

Nekochan

Nekochan

Oh no, Hallmark. I'm so sorry. Hope your neighbor is ok. And I hope they catch the scum who attacked him. This crap is getting really out of hand. The criminals are getting bolder and more dangerous.
Just wondering.....not that it really matters, but how old is your neighbor? Was he chosen because he seemed like an easy target?

no stress

no stress

I hate to hear that Hallmark. I hope he intends on getting his concealed license now as the outcome could have been different if he had been able put the red dot on that asshats noggin and pulled the bang switch.

Gunz wrote:I hate to hear that Hallmark. I hope he intends on getting his concealed license now as the outcome could have been different if he had been able put the red dot on that asshats noggin and pulled the bang switch.

What does it take to get a concealed carry permit in Florida? The last time I checked... many years ago... the cost for the permit was well over a hundred dollars. (I remember thinking to myself that it was almost the cost of my pistol.)

no stress

no stress

Yomama wrote:
Gunz wrote:I hate to hear that Hallmark. I hope he intends on getting his concealed license now as the outcome could have been different if he had been able put the red dot on that asshats noggin and pulled the bang switch.

What does it take to get a concealed carry permit in Florida? The last time I checked... many years ago... the cost for the permit was well over a hundred dollars. (I remember thinking to myself that it was almost the cost of my pistol.)

117.50. If you have a DD 214 its cheaper. If you have been through a hunter safety course its cheaper. That fee covers prints, photo, background check etc. It is good for seven years and then to renew it is 65 dollars.

Gunz wrote:
Yomama wrote:

117.50. If you have a DD 214 its cheaper. If you have been through a hunter safety course its cheaper. That fee covers prints, photo, background check etc. It is good for seven years and then to renew it is 65 dollars.

I seem to remember seeing my county in Alabama charging something like one dollar... and Florida honors it.

He is 38, I think. Where he works is helping him with a CC permit and acquiring a weapon. The story has not made the news and I would guess it might not. Most of the crime in this area seems not to be worth noting.....There was another one on Pace and Cervantes. Thanks for the comments. Just be careful............

I carry a concealed wherever I go.

Nekochan

Nekochan

38---a relatively young man.
You would think something this serious should make the news.

Yella

Yella

Shit. I can see myself blowing some useless bastard away to hell and gone with my legal firearm and then having his family sue me. A defense lawyer would have a field day as he rips me off for everything I own.

And we all know there are scumbag attorneys just waiting,hoping and praying, for a chance to do this.

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

It bothers me that we as a community that spends so much time and effort on Ball Parks, Concerts, Festivals to lure visitors to our area while we have car jacking, beatings, and unrest in many parts of our City/County. I dont live in a Pollyanna dream world. I worked for the Sheriffs dept as a mechanic for over 3 years. I used to ride a lot with the different deputies. I have first hand knowledge on how the system works. Much of it is like watching sausage being made. Rough process but the results are good. We have our priories skewed. What is really scary is that could have been my son or daughter. Hell of damn place to live when a young man or woman has to arm them selves just to go to the store. I am fast losing faith in system that spends millions on "Re branding" and "Concerts" while my friends and neighbors are getting the shit beat out of them. If this was just a isolated incident, I could understand. But it is not. I could say some very nasty but I will refrain.

Yomama wrote:

You can carry in your vehicle if it's in an enclosed case like a gun box, glove compartment or center console..I keep it in the cup holder and I can flip it into the console with ease in one easy step..(it's a mini Glock .40) It can be fully loaded too..
If you're going fishing, hunting or camping you can open carry..

Gunz wrote:
Yomama wrote:

It is now $112.00 for a license that is good for 7 years and $60.00 to renew, as of July 2012. With or without the DD-214 it is still $112.00. The only thing that the DD-214 alleviates is the cost of the safety course. If you are retired military with a DD-214 that indicates an honorable discharge, it will suffice for the safety course.

The $112.00 includes the initial $70.00 license fee plus $42.00 for fingerprints. It is much faster to make an appointment with the office in Ft Walton Beach than to mail in the application and other required documentation. Appointments will get you your license back in 10 to 14 days while mailing in could take up to 90 days.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/09/28/14138253-six-teenage-girls-beat-pennsylvania-woman-videotape-attack-police-say?lite

2seaoat

I am sorry to hear that news.......but the problem is not getting a concealed weapon.....it is more fundamental.....people should not car jack and use violence.....when they make those choices they should be crushed by our criminal justice system. However, our system has spent 40 years in a bone chiliing stupid drug war which has made our streets more dangerous than anytime in my life as non violent dopes and mopes have overloaded the system. I have nothing against my guns, but I hunt.....I have seen the life leave a living creature, and I do not take lightly the shooting of another human.....do not get me wrong.....do it in a NY second, but damn that is far from being my first choice. You want to see violent crime be reduced and the Criminal justice system shrink and resources being used to create private sector jobs......then vote for Johnson and make a difference. It may not happen overnight, but much of this violence is being driven by gangs and drug related violence....its time to fix the problem, not shoot it.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

I just renewed in Ft.Walton Bch..Hard place to find and park at...and it cost I believe 60 bucks and it's good for 7 years if memory serves...don't worry gunz will correct me so I won't bother looking at my new CC.

Thanks for the comment Mr Oats.. But this is beyond voting for someone. This is not a abstract problem. We in my neighborhood do not have the luxury of doing nothing. The system is failing. My neighbors and friends are getting robbed, beaten and threatened. We have no other choice but to do what we have to do. This car jacking has angered me and also made me realized that I also am venerable. [b] I have had enough. At one time I thought I had my fill of violence, now i dont think so,

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Bob's Judge is a good anti carjacking weapon...

http://www.taurususa.com/video-theJudge.cfm

2seaoat

Again, I have no problem with concealed weapons.....but if I thought for a second it was going to help anything when our criminal justice system is so broken.....I would tell you get your gun. I do not live in your neighborhood, but the last two days I have had to deal with folks who have hunting licenses who have been shooting geese from out of range where all they do is wound the birds and cannot make a clean kill shot. I am cutting grass and finding maimed birds because some dumb ass does not know how to hunt, and the gun he is holding is neither the answer or the problem.....it is what is between his ears.

I do not want to make everything political, but the failures of the 500% increase in the criminal justice system in the last 25 years corresponds with the failed drug war.....and I will bet you right now the car jackers are up to their ears with gangs, drugs, and violence. However, I have never faced a barrel of a gun from a criminal, but from my life experience a gun battle is the problem.....not the solution. Johnson and ending the drug war is a start, but nobody in Pensacola wants to connect the violence to gangs and drugs......the unspoken truth.

2seaoat

Bob's Judge is a good anti carjacking weapon...

I saw the video, and my question is if you are carrying the judge with a shot load, and you are in the car with metal roof, columns, and safety glass all around you what is the ricochet factor in tight quarters where somebody could grab your hand. I have seen a good hunting dog go down with a single pellet to the temple. I am curious about ricochets with that weapon.

In most cases where you would shoot, your window would be down or your door open, with your arm stretched out, the barrel of the pistol will only be a few feet away from the target. I don't think there would be much ricochet.

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

hallmarkgrad wrote:He is 38, I think. Where he works is helping him with a CC permit and acquiring a weapon. The story has not made the news and I would guess it might not. Most of the crime in this area seems not to be worth noting.....There was another one on Pace and Cervantes. Thanks for the comments. Just be careful............

I read about the incident on Pace and Cervantes, but nothing has been mentioned about the incident you describe.

Geez....the public has a right to know there's a bold carjacker out there. I expect the Pace/Cervantes attempt happened at the Circle K there.

Thanks, HMG, for making us all aware.

Hallmark, I am amazed that this incident did not make the news. I'm glad you posted about it here. Hope he will be okay.

A lot of crime in my neighborhood dosnt make the news. There was a pretty big home burglary a couple of weeks ago that also did not draw any attention. The victims posted the info asking for help on "no parking"signs that line our street. That is the only way I knew about the robbery. It is very discouraging .

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

hallmarkgrad wrote:A lot of crime in my neighborhood dosnt make the news. There was a pretty big home burglary a couple of weeks ago that also did not draw any attention. The victims posted the info asking for help on "no parking"signs that line our street. That is the only way I knew about the robbery. It is very discouraging .

In early 2011, a new neighbor had Gulf Power turn off the streetlight outside their house, which made our cul de sac very dark. Not long after that, there was a break-in on our end of the street. We had new LED flood lights installed out front, and I now have 7 arrayed around my house.

This is getting serious.......... Featured_76

They only use 18 watts apiece, but they are dazzlingly bright.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum