Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Violence breaks out in Charlotte with at least one black man shot in the head.

5 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Markle

Markle

Violence breaks out in Charlotte with at least one black man shot in the head.  Another man down with less serious injuries.

This is the incident where the initial victim had a gun and refused to comply with police orders.

No information as to who did the shooting.

Many demonstrators are wearing masks, shouting profanities, about 800 demonstrators.

About 9:00 PM.  Fireworks being set off, tear gas and a real confused crowd.

Disgraceful mess.

Now about 9:15 and looting has begun.

Markle

Markle

Charlotte NC fatality during riots was from another rioter, a civilian.

Police are using tear gas, flash bangs, rubber bullets, and paintballs.

Looting also going on. It appears that this police force is not as prepared as was the Ferguson police force.

How many will be shot and die in Chicago this week.

Keep in mind that Hillary Clinton was the editor of an anti-police school newspaper when she was in college.

Witnesses have supported the police version that the victim killed in Charlotte was armed, there was a gun alongside his foot and he had an ankle holster.

Markle

Markle

Seven police in the hospital plus the one civilian fatality shot by another civilian.

It all comes down to compliance. Just do what the police orders. If the police are wrong, it can be dealt with AFTER the incident.

Markle

Markle

Formerly reported dead, the injured civilian, shot by another civilian has not died but is on life support.

BoardsofFl distributing misinformation. Yes, Mark Furman was on the Megan Kelly show but she also had a rabid opponent of Mark Furman's viewpoint who was given equal time to express his opinion.

I am sad to see people, who believed that Lame Duck President Barack Hussein Obama and his Attorney's General, all black, who have not improved but worsened the situation in which they must live.

I wish Charlotte would release the video immediately. All evidence points toward the victim have a gun and having an ankle holster.

Riots like this cannot be tolerated.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Markle wrote:Formerly reported dead, the injured civilian, shot by another civilian has not died but is on life support.  

BoardsofFl distributing misinformation.  Yes, Mark Furman was on the Megan Kelly show but she also had a rabid opponent of Mark Furman's viewpoint who was given equal time to express his opinion.

I am sad to see people, who believed that Lame Duck President Barack Hussein Obama and his Attorney's General, all black, who have not improved but worsened the situation in which they must live.

I wish Charlotte would release the video immediately.  All evidence points toward the victim have a gun and having an ankle holster.

And cops shooting suspects unnecessarily cannot be tolerated either.

And the war between police and the American people goes on.

Markle

Markle

Wordslinger wrote:
Markle wrote:Formerly reported dead, the injured civilian, shot by another civilian has not died but is on life support.  

BoardsofFl distributing misinformation.  Yes, Mark Furman was on the Megan Kelly show but she also had a rabid opponent of Mark Furman's viewpoint who was given equal time to express his opinion.

I wish Charlotte would release the video immediately.  All evidence points toward the victim have a gun and having an ankle holster.

No war between the police and me. No war between police and anyone who has an encounter with them who complies with their orders.

In more than fifty years, I've probably had a couple more encounters with the police than your average bear. Regardless of the reason, I've never felt endangered and the officers have always been polite and courteous. Well, a couple times it was after things were sorted out.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Markle wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:

No war between the police and me.  No war between police and anyone who has an encounter with them who complies with their orders.

In more than fifty years, I've probably had a couple more encounters with the police than your average bear.  Regardless of the reason, I've never felt endangered and the officers have always been polite and courteous.  Well, a couple times it was after things were sorted out.

You're white, right?

Markle

Markle

Wordslinger wrote:
Markle wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:

No war between the police and me.  No war between police and anyone who has an encounter with them who complies with their orders.

In more than fifty years, I've probably had a couple more encounters with the police than your average bear.  Regardless of the reason, I've never felt endangered and the officers have always been polite and courteous.  Well, a couple times it was after things were sorted out.

You're white, right?

Violence breaks out in Charlotte with at least one black man shot in the head. So-whats-your-point-meme_zpsw5tk9s5x

Maybe he's saying that twice as many whites are killed by police than blacks?

Sal

Sal

Violence breaks out in Charlotte with at least one black man shot in the head. Captur18

A line of police officers stand in the dark on a Charlotte, North Carolina, highway. They look like an occupying force with their helmets and face shields and various weaponry strapped all over their armored clothing. A large bus illuminates them with its headlights. The front of the bus declares in bright lights: “NOT IN SERVICE”.

It’s as if these police responding to protests of Tuesday’s shooting death of Keith Scott are carrying with them a lighted banner that declares what black Americans already know: they are not in service. Not for us.

It’s the message that police have always been sending black Americans. Blacks make up about 13% of the US population, and yet accounted for 27% of the approximately 1,146 people killed by police in 2015. “Not in service” is the message we got when Tamir Rice was killed, when Freddie Gray was killed, when Eric Garner was killed. This was the message we got when Terence Crutcher was killed this week while asking for service. We understand that if our police force really does exist to protect and serve, it does not exist to protect and serve us.

When I or any of my black friends discuss issues of police brutality online, we receive a common response: “Well see what happen next time you need the police and they aren’t there to protect you.” But we’ve already seen what happens – it’s our current reality.

Terence Crutcher needed the police when he was killed by them. Veteran Anthony Hill needed the police when he was killed by them. Elliott Williams needed the police but he was instead taunted by them as he slowly died in a jail cell without food and water. Quintonio LeGrier needed the police and had called them three times when he and his neighbor were killed by them. We already live in a world where we can’t call the police when we need them, because we know that there is a good chance that we or our loved ones will be killed for it.

The police have become even more open in their declarations that they are not here to serve us. They have threatened not to provide police protection to athletes who dare protest police brutality by not standing during the national anthem. They stopped doing their jobs in New York when the mayor dared to question why so many black men have died by their hands. In Seattle, police demanded higher pay and more benefits before they would start implementing measures to stop abusing the public. In West Virginia, they have started firing police officers for not killing black men. The message has been simple: we are not in service for black people, and if you question us, we won’t be in service for you either.

And as grieving black people gathered in the streets to protest yet another killing of a black man by police officers, police in North Carolina made it perfectly clear, once again, that they are not here for us. Charlotte police say Keith Scott was armed when they encountered him while trying to execute a warrant on somebody else. Scott’s family insists that he never carried a gun and was in fact afraid of them. They say that Scott was simply reading a book in his vehicle while waiting for his son’s school bus to arrive. Those who are served by the police may be more likely to believe them over Scott’s family.

But those of us who are not served by the police remember that the gun reportedly found on Che Taylor was traced to a sheriff’s deputy. We remember that officer Michael Slager was caught planting a weapon on the body of Walter Scott after he was shot in the back while running away. We remember that Samuel DuBose was politely interacting with police during a traffic stop when officer Ray Tensing shot him in the head and then immediately claimed to his superiors that DuBose had tried to run him down. We remember that officers claimed that 19-year-old Laquan McDonald was threatening them with a knife, until video revealed that he was running away from officers when he was shot 16 times.

We’ve always known the police are “not in service” – they just aren’t even bothering to hide it anymore. Black Americans know that the police don’t serve us. But who do they serve? And if they serve you, is this really what you asked for?

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/sep/21/charlotte-police-killing-protests-america-law-enforcement-today

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Sal wrote:Violence breaks out in Charlotte with at least one black man shot in the head. Captur18

A line of police officers stand in the dark on a Charlotte, North Carolina, highway. They look like an occupying force with their helmets and face shields and various weaponry strapped all over their armored clothing. A large bus illuminates them with its headlights. The front of the bus declares in bright lights: “NOT IN SERVICE”.

It’s as if these police responding to protests of Tuesday’s shooting death of Keith Scott are carrying with them a lighted banner that declares what black Americans already know: they are not in service. Not for us.

It’s the message that police have always been sending black Americans. Blacks make up about 13% of the US population, and yet accounted for 27% of the approximately 1,146 people killed by police in 2015. “Not in service” is the message we got when Tamir Rice was killed, when Freddie Gray was killed, when Eric Garner was killed. This was the message we got when Terence Crutcher was killed this week while asking for service. We understand that if our police force really does exist to protect and serve, it does not exist to protect and serve us.

When I or any of my black friends discuss issues of police brutality online, we receive a common response: “Well see what happen next time you need the police and they aren’t there to protect you.” But we’ve already seen what happens – it’s our current reality.

Terence Crutcher needed the police when he was killed by them. Veteran Anthony Hill needed the police when he was killed by them. Elliott Williams needed the police but he was instead taunted by them as he slowly died in a jail cell without food and water. Quintonio LeGrier needed the police and had called them three times when he and his neighbor were killed by them. We already live in a world where we can’t call the police when we need them, because we know that there is a good chance that we or our loved ones will be killed for it.

The police have become even more open in their declarations that they are not here to serve us. They have threatened not to provide police protection to athletes who dare protest police brutality by not standing during the national anthem. They stopped doing their jobs in New York when the mayor dared to question why so many black men have died by their hands. In Seattle, police demanded higher pay and more benefits before they would start implementing measures to stop abusing the public. In West Virginia, they have started firing police officers for not killing black men. The message has been simple: we are not in service for black people, and if you question us, we won’t be in service for you either.

And as grieving black people gathered in the streets to protest yet another killing of a black man by police officers, police in North Carolina made it perfectly clear, once again, that they are not here for us. Charlotte police say Keith Scott was armed when they encountered him while trying to execute a warrant on somebody else. Scott’s family insists that he never carried a gun and was in fact afraid of them. They say that Scott was simply reading a book in his vehicle while waiting for his son’s school bus to arrive. Those who are served by the police may be more likely to believe them over Scott’s family.

But those of us who are not served by the police remember that the gun reportedly found on Che Taylor was traced to a sheriff’s deputy. We remember that officer Michael Slager was caught planting a weapon on the body of Walter Scott after he was shot in the back while running away. We remember that Samuel DuBose was politely interacting with police during a traffic stop when officer Ray Tensing shot him in the head and then immediately claimed to his superiors that DuBose had tried to run him down. We remember that officers claimed that 19-year-old Laquan McDonald was threatening them with a knife, until video revealed that he was running away from officers when he was shot 16 times.

We’ve always known the police are “not in service” – they just aren’t even bothering to hide it anymore. Black Americans know that the police don’t serve us. But who do they serve? And if they serve you, is this really what you asked for?

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/sep/21/charlotte-police-killing-protests-america-law-enforcement-today

And the cop's war on the American people goes on, and on, and on!

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

The police -- friend or enemy? A valid question in today's America!

dumpcare

Last edited by ppaca on 9/23/2016, 9:45 am; edited 1 time in total

Markle

Markle

You're quite right that the Police were not in service last night nor the night before in Charlotte, NC.

There were not adequate numbers of police, nor were they adequately prepared to protect INNOCENT CITIZENS AND BUSINESSES.

The police did not protect the law-abiding citizens who had their stores vandalized and business is driven away from their doors. Hotels are telling people to go to other hotels. This is a very affluent area, unlike the location of riots in other cities.

Roads were illegally blocked preventing law-abiding citizens from traveling to and from their homes and businesses.

There have been two groups of people in Charlotte these past two nights. Law abiding citizens who went there to peacefully protest and thugs who went there specifically to riot and fight the police.

The thugs need to be rounded up, handcuffed and loaded on buses to be held and charged.

Also, in my opinion, there is no excuse for not disclosing all the video of the incident.

The family has just seen the videos. When the family was asked if the video supported the police version, the family responded...NO COMMENT.\]

What does that say?

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Markle wrote:You're quite right that the Police were not in service last night nor the night before in Charlotte, NC.

There were not adequate numbers of police, nor were they adequately prepared to protect INNOCENT CITIZENS AND BUSINESSES.

The police did not protect the law-abiding citizens who had their stores vandalized and business is driven away from their doors. Hotels are telling people to go to other hotels. This is a very affluent area, unlike the location of riots in other cities.

Roads were illegally blocked preventing law-abiding citizens from traveling to and from their homes and businesses.

There have been two groups of people in Charlotte these past two nights. Law abiding citizens who went there to peacefully protest and thugs who went there specifically to riot and fight the police.

The thugs need to be rounded up, handcuffed and loaded on buses to be held and charged.

Also, in my opinion, there is no excuse for not disclosing all the video of the incident.

The family has just seen the videos. When the family was asked if the video supported the police version, the family responded...NO COMMENT.\]

What does that say?

What's your point?  It's obvious the cops murdered Scott, and the protests and the riots are the result.  Now even the Police Chief where the crime was committed admits the video doesn't show the victim with a gun.

For many Americans, the view of riot-equipped, military like police facing peaceful protestors (before the violence occurred) states the problem perfectly well.  And take note, since Ferguson the number of whites participating in black police protests is steadily rising.  Next we'll be hearing about private police forces going into action to enforce the rules of the ultra rich.  We need a new revolution -- these cops are no different from the British regulars who occupied Boston.  

Down with Amerika Inc., corporate control of our government through corrupt campaign financing.

What do you suppose the citizenry will do and need if the rich actually created a private militia?

Which I don't think necessary since they have access and influence over the govt police.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

PkrBum wrote:What do you suppose the citizenry will do and need if the rich actually created a private militia?

Which I don't think necessary since they have access and influence over the govt police.

Everyone stays home for a month -- nobody works. The revolution will bury the ultra rich -- and they know it.

Markle

Markle

Wordslinger wrote:
Markle wrote:You're quite right that the Police were not in service last night nor the night before in Charlotte, NC.

What does that say?

What's your point?   It's obvious the cops murdered Scott, and the protests and the riots are the result. Now even the Police Chief where the crime was committed admits the video doesn't show the victim with a gun.

[...]
Down with Amerika Inc., corporate control of our government through corrupt campaign financing.

Violence breaks out in Charlotte with at least one black man shot in the head. 69d74526-818e-455c-b628-ad5ce7381bb2

But, that's not unusual!

Wordslinger wrote:
PkrBum wrote:What do you suppose the citizenry will do and need if the rich actually created a private militia?

Everyone stays home for a month -- nobody works.  The revolution will bury the ultra rich -- and they know it.  

The needle doesn't move until social assistance shuts down.

Markle

Markle

The riots in Charlotte resulted in a fatal shooting of a black man in the crowd.

Video and witnesses have resulted in another black man being arrested for the senseless murder.  The person arrested has felony and weapon's charges already against him.  As a felon, legally he could not own a gun.

So excuse me if I don't see the value to be gained by blacks rioting and looting in the streets of charlotte.  Actually, I wouldn't see the value of riots if the officer was white.

How do these riots and murders improve any situation for blacks?

Last edited by Markle on 9/24/2016, 12:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Markle wrote:The riots in Charlotte resulted in a fatal shooting of a black man in the crowd.

Video and witnesses have resulted in another black man being arrested for the senseless murder.  The person arrested has felony and weapon's charges already against him.  As a felon, legally he could not own a gun.

The police officer who shot Mr. Keith Scott, was herself, black.

So excuse me if I don't see the value to be gained by blacks rioting and looting in the streets of charlotte.  Actually, I wouldn't see the value of riots if the officer was white.

He wasn't shot by a female. You are mixing up the shootings between Charlotte and Tulsa......

Violence breaks out in Charlotte with at least one black man shot in the head. Ha_ha_10

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Markle

Markle

PkrBum wrote:Maybe he's saying that twice as many whites are killed by police than blacks?

Quite true, twice as many whites ARE killed by police than blacks.

Markle

Markle

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
Markle wrote:The riots in Charlotte resulted in a fatal shooting of a black man in the crowd.

The police officer who shot Mr. Keith Scott, was herself, black.

He wasn't shot by a female. You are mixing up the shootings between Charlotte and Tulsa......

Violence breaks out in Charlotte with at least one black man shot in the head. Ha_ha_10

Quite right, I confused the two.

Hasn't the woman in Tulsa been arrested?

Markle wrote:
PkrBum wrote:Maybe he's saying that twice as many whites are killed by police than blacks?

Quite true, twice as many whites ARE killed by police than blacks.

And... police homicides are in line with crime rates.

Shocker alert: police largely go where the crime is.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Poor schools. Ultra high unemployment. Economic segregation. Narcotics, prostitution, scams, petty theft, burglary, gang wars. Living everyday with cops as an occupying, harassing force.

Welcome to urban, black America.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum