Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

If President Obama had a son, his name would be Colin Kaepernick!

+2
Sal
Markle
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Markle

Markle

If Lame Duck President Obama had a son, his name would be Colin Kaepernick!

How can anyone be surprised to find that President Obama supports someone who denigrates the military and police?

Obama Praises Colin Kaepernick’s Protest Of ‘Real Legitimate Issues’

by Charlie Spiering Sept. 5, 2016

Obama admitted that it was “tough thing” for people to see Kaepernick disrespect the flag and the people that served in the military, but then he defended it.

“I don’t doubt his sincerity, based on what I’ve heard,” Obama said. “I think he cares about some real legitimate issues that have to be talked about. If nothing else what he’s done is he’s generated more conversation about some topics that need to be talked about.”

Obama cited his preference for an “active citizenry” rather than Americans sitting on the sidelines.

“Sometimes that’s messy and controversial and it gets people angry and frustrated,” he said. “But I’d rather have young people that are engaged with the argument and trying to think through how they can be part of our democratic process than people that are just sitting on the sidelines and not paying attention at all.”

Obama appeared optimistic that Kaepernick would likely “refine” his thinking about his protest, allowing critics of his position to see his side of he issue.

“Maybe his critics will start seeing that he has a point around certain concerns about justice and equality and that’s how we move forward,” he said. “Sometimes it’s messy but that’s how democracy works.”

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/09/05/obama-praises-colin-kaepernicks-protest-real-legitimate-issues/

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Absolutely.....two peas in a pod.

Sal

Sal

This is America.

If Kaepernick feels compelled to peacefully protest, he has every right to do so.

Obama was entirely correct and his statement completely appropriate.

Put another flag on your pickup, idiot.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Sal wrote:This is America.

If Kaepernick feels compelled to peacefully protest, he has every right to do so.

I don't have a pick-up truck nor do I have flags on my vehicle.....I don't even like bumper stickers

Joanimaroni wrote:

I don't have a pick-up truck nor do I have flags on my vehicle.....I don't even like bumper stickers

They need the stereotypes to compartmentalize and parrot their conditioned groupthink.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PkrBum wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:

They need the stereotypes to compartmentalize and parrot their conditioned groupthink.

Of course they do.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Markle wrote:If Lame Duck President Obama had a son, his name would be Colin Kaepernick!

How can anyone be surprised to find that President Obama supports someone who denigrates the military and police?

Obama Praises Colin Kaepernick’s Protest Of ‘Real Legitimate Issues’

by Charlie Spiering Sept. 5, 2016

Obama admitted that it was “tough thing” for people to see Kaepernick disrespect the flag and the people that served in the military, but then he defended it.

“I don’t doubt his sincerity, based on what I’ve heard,” Obama said. “I think he cares about some real legitimate issues that have to be talked about. If nothing else what he’s done is he’s generated more conversation about some topics that need to be talked about.”

Obama cited his preference for an “active citizenry” rather than Americans sitting on the sidelines.

“Sometimes that’s messy and controversial and it gets people angry and frustrated,” he said. “But I’d rather have young people that are engaged with the argument and trying to think through how they can be part of our democratic process than people that are just sitting on the sidelines and not paying attention at all.”

Obama appeared optimistic that Kaepernick would likely “refine” his thinking about his protest, allowing critics of his position to see his side of he issue.

“Maybe his critics will start seeing that he has a point around certain concerns about justice and equality and that’s how we move forward,” he said. “Sometimes it’s messy but that’s how democracy works.”

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/09/05/obama-praises-colin-kaepernicks-protest-real-legitimate-issues/

As the president said, it is a tough thing for people to see this sort of protest, true, but the thing is, if you are going to protest by the very nature of it you have to make some people uncomfortable or you may as well not be doing anything. It is the uncomfortableness of the situation that brings the topic to the table.

It is an interesting feature of our times that people say Obama has worsened race relations in this country. What he's done besides being a very decent, calm and dignified president is he's also been black. Apparently some people didn't notice this when he was elected twice? For whatever reason his color has brought race into the public discussion more than before.

After seeing some of the racial profiling, police killings of unarmed men and children etc. on camera (thanks in part to cell phones) we are able to see and face these conditions that blacks have had to live with on a daily basis.

So, yes I think the country needs to recognize our outlook on race has been biased and institutionalized and start realizing the ideals that the flag stands for for everyone, not just those in the white race.  

2seaoat

I do not like the star spangled banner as our anthem. It celebrates slavery and war. I like America the beautiful. This whole thing smells of fascism. If somebody wants to protest.......big deal.......he will pay a price......those who protest always do. If he is willing to bear that burden for his beliefs, it is his right. I just would like America the beautiful to be substituted at sporting events.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

2seaoat wrote:I do not like the star spangled banner as our anthem.  It celebrates slavery and war.   I like America the beautiful.   This whole thing smells of fascism.  If somebody wants to protest.......big deal.......he will pay a price......those who protest always do.   If he is willing to bear that burden for his beliefs, it is his right.   I just would like America the beautiful to be substituted at sporting events.

Now that the nation is starting to own up to its white supremacist outlook (given it is more subtle than a skinhead stance, I don't mean to imply that but we do suffer from a white dominant attitude) we might well, over time consider a new anthem such as America the Beautiful. Look how far we've come with gay/gender rights, etc. Who knew we could make that kind of progress? It could happen. Stay tuned.

Markle

Markle

No one has even remotely claimed Colin Kaepernick didn't have the right to act like an a****** and make a total fool of himself.

Given his atrocious, shameful behavior, he should not be surprised at the outcry against him. If the situation, for him, was not bad enough by his disrespect of our flag and National Anthem, he doubled down with those stupid socks depicting the police as pigs.

There are 19 million things he could have done to call attention to his "cause" without damaging his team. Colin has to be dropped or traded if anyone would take him. NO team wants a someone on the roster that is constantly disrupting the cohesion of the team.

I don't follow the sport close enough to know for sure if it is true or not. Perhaps the real 2seaoat knows for sure. I've heard that the NBA has a rule that players must stand and place their hand over their heart during the National Anthem. One would THINK...such a rule would be unnecessary for professional athletes to need rules like children. Obviously, that is not true.

Telstar

Telstar

othershoe1030 wrote:
2seaoat wrote:I do not like the star spangled banner as our anthem.  It celebrates slavery and war.   I like America the beautiful.   This whole thing smells of fascism.  If somebody wants to protest.......big deal.......he will pay a price......those who protest always do.   If he is willing to bear that burden for his beliefs, it is his right.   I just would like America the beautiful to be substituted at sporting events.

Now that the nation is starting to own up to its white supremacist outlook (given it is more subtle than a skinhead stance, I don't mean to imply that but we do suffer from a white dominant attitude) we might well, over time consider a new anthem such as America the Beautiful. Look how far we've come with gay/gender rights, etc. Who knew we could make that kind of progress? It could happen. Stay tuned.

This too real courage 48 years ago.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum