Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Pensacola getting back to normal.

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

ALL IS GOOD..... LOOKING LIKE PENSACOLA AGAIN..

The Sheriff’s Office requested $353,000 in additional money, without which Chief Deputy Larry Aiken said the department would have to ax six positions. Sheriff David Morgan’s $75.8 million budget for 2012-13 is unchanged from the current year.

A motion to move that money failed in a 2-3 vote, with Commissioners Kevin White and Wilson Robertson supporting it.

“This is the worst time to cut six deputies off the street,” Robertson said........................................................................................................
Pen Air going slow with downtown move
Posted on September 26, 2012 by Carlton Proctor
0 comments

Pen Air’s new CEO Stu Ramsey says the credit union is moving ahead with plans to open a branch in the Thiesen Building in downtown Pensacola.

But Ramsey said Pen Air is in no rush to get in the building any time soon.

“There is a plan to have a branch in that building,” he said recently. “We’re exploring what are the best uses for the building and how much space we will want.

“We’re definitely working out plans for half the space on the first floor, but we’re not sure what to do with the

....................................................Library hours cut

The Escambia County Commission gave a final OK to its $356 million budget for the 2012-13 fiscal year on Tuesday, but not before shutting down a plea for more money from the West Florida Public Library System.

In response, library officials have announced reduced hours at six branches, effective Oct. 1. They also said the cuts will result in less money for new books.
Breaking his silence on rising tension in City Hall, Pensacola Mayor Ashton Hayward on Wednesday pledged to improve his communication with the City Council and called upon council members to put aside personal and political maneuvering that he says distracts from progress.

“I want to take the high road, and I hope others will choose to do so as well,” he said.

Hayward made his remarks at a news conference aimed at smoothing over a growing rift between the mayor and some council members.
We dont need none of dem edumacation things. Hell Lets play ball. Ask Quient (all you have done for us)Studer to open a branch in his stadium. aint nutting much else haPPENING DERE...

Well, it looks like our elected representatives are doing what we asked them to do... control spending.

Is the sheriff's department getting new cars, electronics, or doodads with their budget? I am driving a car with a lot of miles and I don't mind if the sheriff gets all the mileage he can get out of his vehicles too.

Oh I agree, but It is always fun to listen to the whining and crying by the different departments. Knowing that none of the top dogs will lose any perks or the sheriff might reduce the hours of their gym. You would think they will turn about the guy coming to your call because he is out of gas. It is all Bull shit and we know it. Just a damn big game. Look at me!! No!! Me! Me!

knothead

knothead

hallmarkgrad wrote:Oh I agree, but It is always fun to listen to the whining and crying by the different departments. Knowing that none of the top dogs will lose any perks or the sheriff might reduce the hours of their gym. You would think they will turn about the guy coming to your call because he is out of gas. It is all Bull shit and we know it. Just a damn big game. Look at me!! No!! Me! Me!

We know bullshit when we see it don't we?

I think they should ride double in those Tahoes to save fuel on sending two units to a scene.. They always send a backup so why not make them ride together? That way one can work the computer while the other drives..
I had one pass me last night doing about 20 over the limit just after midnight.. no blues or anything just haulin ass to go to the station.. I saw him pull in.. he didn't use his turn signal either..

If they rode double maybe they could reduce the number of a cars dispatched to the same call from 8 to 4. Two days, ago a guy and wife having a beef out in the yard. 5 Sheriffs cruisers at the same time came smoking down the road as if Al Capone was flashing school kids.

knothead

knothead

Lurch wrote:I think they should ride double in those Tahoes to save fuel on sending two units to a scene.. They always send a backup so why not make them ride together? That way one can work the computer while the other drives..
I had one pass me last night doing about 20 over the limit just after midnight.. no blues or anything just haulin ass to go to the station.. I saw him pull in.. he didn't use his turn signal either..

Citizens arrest! Citizens arrest!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum