Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

No surprise...Obamacare meltdown....

+2
dumpcare
Markle
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Markle

Markle

No surprise...Obamacare meltdown

Next president faces possible ObamaCare meltdown

By Sarah Ferris - 08/11/16 06:02 AM EDT

The Obama administration has struggled for several years to bring young, healthy people into the marketplaces, which is needed to offset the medical costs of older and sicker customers.

These problems are coming to light this year, as insurers get their first full look at ObamaCare customer data. Some, like UnitedHealth Group, say they’ve seen enough and are already vowing to leave the exchanges.

Levitt and other experts warn that if the numbers don’t improve this year, more insurers could bolt. That would deal a major blow to marketplace competition while also driving up rates and keeping even more people out of the exchanges.

Already, many insurers this year are proposing substantial rate hikes with the hopes of making up for higher recent medical costs. The average premium increase next year is about 9 percent, according to an analysis of 17 cities by the Kaiser Family Foundation. But some hikes are far higher: Blue Cross Blue Shield has proposed increases of 40 percent in Alabama and 60 percent in Texas.

http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/291056-next-president-faces-possible-obamacare-meltdown#.V6yfAIUXGck.twitter

dumpcare

No surprise here UHC announced a few months back they were pulling out of several states, one being Florida. On exchange don't know if they are pulling out all together. Humana pulling out in several states but only the DOJ may squash their merger with Aetna. If it doesn't go through they may pull out of the 11 remaining states they're in. This is only on exchange plans.

Yep Hillary will have a job on her hands with the ACA and better have some concrete plans. As it stands for 2017 one can get an exemption if the premiums are going to be more than 8.15% of their income. There are many ways she can fix it and either lower or at least stabilize premium's.

2seaoat

I fully expect legislation which will lower the age of medicare coverage from 65 to 50 which is a democratic platform goal and if it is gradual, you will actually see rates for ACA dropping as older and sicker folks transition over to Medicare.

This solution will be close, but I believe you will get bipartisan support for this bill with proper bipartisan discussions on funding. The ACA will actually find actuarial strength as the Medicare expands and takes the sick out of the equation.

RealLindaL

2seaoat wrote:I fully expect legislation which will lower the age of medicare coverage from 65 to 50 which is a democratic platform goal and if it is gradual, you will actually see rates for ACA dropping as older and sicker folks transition over to Medicare.  

This solution will be close, but I believe you will get bipartisan support for this bill with proper bipartisan discussions on funding.   The ACA will actually  find actuarial strength as the Medicare expands and takes the sick out of the equation.

But excuse me: who or what is going to pay for that??

2seaoat

But excuse me: who or what is going to pay for that??

You say you are for Hillary, yet you do not even know her positions or how she explains how she will fund those positions......poser.

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:I fully expect legislation which will lower the age of medicare coverage from 65 to 50 which is a democratic platform goal and if it is gradual, you will actually see rates for ACA dropping as older and sicker folks transition over to Medicare.  

This solution will be close, but I believe you will get bipartisan support for this bill with proper bipartisan discussions on funding.   The ACA will actually  find actuarial strength as the Medicare expands and takes the sick out of the equation.

Good attempt at deflection. You nicely refused to answer the question.

Who and how do we pay MILLIONS MORE people on Medicare? The debt of this program is already staggering!

Unfunded Liabilities...Medicare alone...$27.7 TRILLION.... You wish to increase that by how much?

No surprise...Obamacare meltdown.... 82013201620Unfunded20Debt_zpsajehkrou

http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

RealLindaL wrote:

But excuse me:  who or what is going to pay for that??

He doesn't know or care, Linda. And remember, he claims to be a lifelong republican. And when you call him on that, he then proceeds to tell you that Hillary is a REAL republican. lol

2seaoat

Progressive tax rates.....nobody reads, you know the tax rates from thirty five years ago when we still had a middle class, still made things in America, and did not have the debt run up from Reagan's trickle down economics. I basically paid almost half of the taxes I once paid by the 90s. Our roads, bridges, water supplies, and sewage facilities are aged and failing across this nation and Hillary's specific policies to rebuild America and expand Medicare are common sense response to a drunk sailor deciding to quit working and cutting his income while he goes out every night and spends and spends and spends....getting in fights, hiring lawyers while his house has knee high grass, a 1980 Pinto in the front yard, and has one of his drunk buddies who just got released out of the nut house who wants to become his financial advisor. The Problem is that Hillary represents intellectualism and substance, and we know there is one area of this country which has predominately non college educated folks who consistently would vote for that drunk nutcase financial advisor.

RealLindaL

2seaoat wrote:Progressive tax rates.....nobody reads, you know the tax rates from thirty five years ago when we still had a middle class, still made things in America, and did not have the debt run up from Reagan's trickle down economics.  I basically paid almost half of the taxes I once paid by the 90s.  Our roads, bridges, water supplies, and sewage facilities are aged and failing across this nation and Hillary's specific policies to rebuild America and expand Medicare are common sense response to a drunk sailor deciding to quit working and cutting his income while he goes out every night and spends and spends and spends....getting in fights, hiring lawyers while his house has knee high grass, a 1980 Pinto in the front yard, and has one of his drunk buddies who just got released out of the nut house who wants to become his financial advisor.  The Problem is that Hillary represents intellectualism and substance, and we know there is one area of this country which has predominately non college educated folks who consistently would vote for that drunk nutcase financial advisor.

Positively classic Seaoat smoke and mirrors.

2seaoat

Positively classic Seaoat smoke and mirrors.

I get it. You are a poser. You pretend to be for Hillary here, but when you scrape the surface you do not agree with her policies, nor are you even remotely familiar with her positions.....you just hate that Trump guy.....so all that Hillary policy must have been well hidden with smoke and mirrors, but if you really understood that she was not real favorable to bubble people.....you might be more confused if you could not feign lack of perception because of "smoke and mirrors".

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Linda, first you were a racist, now you're a poser. lol

2seaoat

Linda, first you were a racist, now you're a poser. lol

A life time of posing, and a racist to boot.......where have I seen that before?

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

My daughter's work has slowed down lately, and her silver lining is that it may drop her income for the year so she can get Obamacare. Her private policy (Blue Cross) has a $7,000 deductible and costs $300/month.

RealLindaL

Bob wrote:Linda,  first you were a racist,  now you're a poser.  lol

Never mind, Bob.   This Seaoat character is sick -- and I do mean sick.   Not worth your time or mine to respond to such obvious garbage.   Maybe he just loves to hear me talk dirty -- but I'm not going to satisfy his sick desires this time.  Let him entertain himself to his heart's content with his fantasies about whom I support or don't and what I know or don't, and what nasty word I will use to describe him when next he attacks with all his sicko cylinders firing on full bore.

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:Progressive tax rates.....nobody reads, you know the tax rates from thirty five years ago when we still had a middle class, still made things in America, and did not have the debt run up from Reagan's trickle down economics.  I basically paid almost half of the taxes I once paid by the 90s.  Our roads, bridges, water supplies, and sewage facilities are aged and failing across this nation and Hillary's specific policies to rebuild America and expand Medicare are common sense response to a drunk sailor deciding to quit working and cutting his income while he goes out every night and spends and spends and spends....getting in fights, hiring lawyers while his house has knee high grass, a 1980 Pinto in the front yard, and has one of his drunk buddies who just got released out of the nut house who wants to become his financial advisor.  The Problem is that Hillary represents intellectualism and substance, and we know there is one area of this country which has predominately non college educated folks who consistently would vote for that drunk nutcase financial advisor.

Again, lots of word salad but no answer to the question posed. By the way, as you know most of our roads, bridges, water supplies and sewage facilities are paid for and supported BY THE STATE AND/OR LOCAL GOVERNMENTS.

Who and how do we pay MILLIONS MORE people on Medicare?  The debt of this program is already staggering!

Unfunded Liabilities...Medicare alone...$27.7 TRILLION....  You wish to increase that by how much?

No surprise...Obamacare meltdown.... 82013201620Unfunded20Debt_zpsajehkrou

http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum