Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Republicans meet in Florida to deal with their problem.....Trump

+4
Hospital Bob
dumpcare
RealLindaL
2seaoat
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

2seaoat

I have yet see one talking head talk about the real reason they are meeting. Trump just grabbed 82 million for his private use and it is obvious the more outrageous he gets, the more crazy he talks the small hateful base will send money to him, and the Republican Party gets NOTHING for down ballot battles.....Trump is getting his hand into the Republican Piggy bank, which will leave Republican congressmen and Senators hanging in the wind.

My biggest fear is that Trump will self destruct before October. Once he does there is a chance a viable candidate could win. I hope Trump is actually as crazy as he seems.

RealLindaL

2seaoat wrote:My biggest fear is that Trump will self destruct before October.   Once he does there is a chance a viable candidate could win.  

I know what you mean. Of course it depends on what you mean by "viable." I don't see anybody on the horizon. Certainly not Mike Pence, for Pete's sake.

dumpcare

They talked about Cruz yesterday on the news. He may not be viable to us but he would swing some of those repugs back to him.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:

My biggest fear is that Trump will self destruct before October.   Once he does there is a chance a viable candidate could win.   I hope Trump is actually as crazy as he seems.

Your BIGGEST FEAR is they replace Trump with a candidate who can actually win over the Democrat?

For those reading this who are not aware of it, 2seaoat has claimed many times to be a "lifelong republican". It appears he must have forgotten he told us that. lol

2seaoat

If you did not know this Bob......Earl Warren was a Republican governor.....you dixiecrats think you can define Republicans.....Abe, Ike, and I simply know history. I want a good Republican like Hillary to appoint Supreme Court justices.

Hillary would insert 2 far left judicial activists. I'm not sure who Trump would nominate. But the direction of the country would change dramatically under hillary for sure. Anyone that doesn't think that is naive. The second amendment is likely gone within a decade... along with several civil protections and even watering down the first. We are heading in a direction... and it's nothing original. Congratulations comrades.

Sal

Sal

"Although we do not undertake an exhaustive historical analysis today of the full scope of the Second Amendment, nothing in our opinion should be taken to cast doubt on longstanding prohibitions on the possession of firearms by felons and the mentally ill, or laws forbidding the carrying of firearms in sensitive places such as schools and government buildings, or laws imposing conditions and qualifications on the commercial sale of arms."

“We identify these presumptively lawful regulatory measures only as examples; our list does not purport to be exhaustive.” - Antonin Scalia

The Second Amendment is safe, demagogue.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

News this morning says Prebus et al are meeting over financing. 70 big wigs in the party urging RNC to pull money away from Trump and toward support of senate races. They want to keep the senate as a fire wall and fear Trump will poison the whole slate. I heard Trump say that would suit him just fine because it would free up his time to campaign for his own candidacy rather than to do money raising events for the GOP.

2seaoat

Trump is collecting money and tell me when the last time you saw him spend money on a commercial? It is obvious what this flim flam man is doing. He put fifty million of his money in the deal. He will collect a couple hundred million of donations after saying he will self fund. He will pay himself back, and make more money than all his other business is generating. He is a fraud just like Huckabee. His next move will be to start a political cable news network to counter the bias of Fox, CNN, and MSNBC. He is not fooling anybody in the Republican leadership......they have been snookered and Florida man is actually buying into this fraud with their typical senseless lemmings falling over the cliff.

I can see at least three of his kids getting half hour shows, he of course would have a weekly or daily show, he would steal a name personality from Fox, and maybe give David Duke a status as special contributor. He would steal billions away from Fox and he could continue to spew hate and bigotry all the way to the bank, while single handed destruction of the Republican Party will make him infamous in American History. Huuuuuuggggggeeeee

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:Trump is collecting money and tell me when the last time you saw him spend money on a commercial?  It is obvious what this flim flam man is doing.  He put fifty million of his money in the deal.   He will collect a couple hundred million of donations after saying he will self fund.   He will pay himself back, and make more money than all his other business is generating.   He is a fraud just like Huckabee.   His next move will be to start a political cable news network to counter the bias of Fox, CNN, and MSNBC.   He is not fooling anybody in the Republican leadership......they have been snookered and Florida man is actually buying into this fraud with their typical senseless lemmings falling over the cliff.

I can see at least three of his kids getting half hour shows, he of course would have a weekly or daily show, he would steal a name personality from Fox, and maybe give David Duke a status as special contributor.   He would steal billions away from Fox and he could continue to spew hate and bigotry all the way to the bank, while single handed destruction of the Republican Party will make him infamous in American History.  Huuuuuuggggggeeeee

Finally you post something that actually has more than one kernel of lucidity and even truth in it.  Are you sure you didn't plagiarize most of that from somewhere else?  Because,  if not,  I always give credit where credit is due. And the gist of that is a pretty good take.  It'll be interesting to see how it all plays out.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

But of course you had to do the Florida bashing again.  I realize you just cannot help always exhibiting that bigotry.  But of course Trump is not capable of making a comment without adding his bigotry to it either.
But at least you're not focusing it on Escambia County with this one.  Although I'm sure that was probably just an oversight.  lol

2seaoat

Bob,
Take a deep breath. I mean have you ever seen a candidate in your entire life fall apart like Trump since the convention? Yet, in this implosion.....one state in the union actually had people declare they like Trump better than before the convention. Is that bigotry or accurate reporting of reality? If you cannot see where the hate and prejudice is which drives the poll results, there is little hope you can objectively look at anything. Is it bigotry to say the Panhandle will vote for Trump, or is it reality?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I wonder how many Trump voters there are in Southern Illinois what with all those confederate flags flying. lol

You go right ahead and keep emulating Trump and doubling down on your anti-southern bigotry and you keep telling us how wonderful Illinois is. I'm loving it. Because from here on out, every time you do, I'm going to post this link. And like Julian Assange, I'll find plenty more to post alongside it. lol

http://thesouthern.com/news/local/confederate-flag-still-prevalent-in-southern-illinois/article_311544a9-e25c-5cd5-8d33-7c668dec6891.html

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I tell you what, let's move from southern Illinois farther north to the central part of the state and see what's up there, how bout it. Well shazaam, Andy, looks like what's up there is the confederate flags too. lol

http://www.smilepolitely.com/opinion/confederate_flag_flies_in_the_land_of_lincoln/

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Oh no. They can't be coming from our beloved Chicago. Say it aint so, Joe. lol

http://www.chicagobusiness.com/article/20150623/NEWS07/150629980/chicago-businesses-that-sell-confederate-flags

2seaoat

I have a toothless, beer belly, tank top wearing, short short wearing, kerchief wearing confederate flag drunk across the street. I love the guy. He does not like my black neighbor who lives two doors down across the street. In Illinois we just have fewer dumb aszes than the Panhandle which appears to be a magnet for every dumb asz in the nation.......I always got a kick at looking at the cross section of folks who would rent our beach condo in the summers.....Brittney Spears loved coming on over to Destin......it is like Muslims going to the holy city......every numbskull in the old confederacy has to make their journey to Mecca, to celebrate confederate flags, public drunkeness, and finding a lily white paradise where black folk are not welcome. Hell, even the dumbasz lawyers across the nation flock in a mecca like procession to file the most ridiculous law suits in Panhandle federal courts.......yep, my neighbor would in a NY second migrate to Pensacola, because he was in the Navy in Pensacola before he spent 30 years cutting grass at the local golf course and the only thing holding him back is me not packing two cases of beer in my Prius next time we visit. Heck, now you got me thinking........he is ex military.....thinks he is a ladies man......he is toothless so he may pass as a British Tourist, and he hates blacks, I think he belongs on PB........he could work as an umbrella man....yea thats the ticket, heck he might convince a nationwide migration to the panhandle where under the leadership of Trump they can declare independence and start their own nation......of course I would not be welcome, because I got my GED.

Sal

Sal

There's no doubt that Florida man is distributed throughout the state (hell, we have the world's largest confederate flag flying at the I75/I4 interchange).

But, there is also no doubt that the armpit is ground zero for the dumbassery.

RealLindaL

2seaoat wrote:he is ex military.....thinks he is a ladies man......he is toothless so he may pass as a British Tourist, and he hates blacks, I think he belongs on PB........

If he hates blacks he would hate Pensacola Beach, especially the entire Quietwater Beach area and the Boardwalk, but also the Gulfside beaches which, guess what, have lots of people of color enjoying them every day, from the main public beaches to the neighborhoods.

I live here.  You don't.  You don't have the slightest clue about Pensacola Beach, so why don't you STFU and stick to something you actually know something about, as hard as that might be to determine.

RealLindaL

Saul Alinsky wrote:"Although we do not undertake an exhaustive historical analysis today of the full scope of the Second Amendment, nothing in our opinion should be taken to cast doubt on longstanding prohibitions on the possession of firearms by felons and the mentally ill, or laws forbidding the carrying of firearms in sensitive places such as schools and government buildings, or laws imposing conditions and qualifications on the commercial sale of arms."

“We identify these presumptively lawful regulatory measures only as examples; our list does not purport to be exhaustive.”  -  Antonin Scalia

The Second Amendment is safe, demagogue.

Excellent post -- one of the best ever. Thanks, Sal.  The constant, mind-numbing drone of conservatives asserting that Democrats want to "take your guns away" is one of the most ludicrous songs I've ever heard sung.  And it's been sung for decades, for no valid reason I can see except paranoia, fear and unfounded hatred.

dumpcare

PkrBum wrote:Hillary would insert 2 far left judicial activists. I'm not sure who Trump would nominate.  But the direction of the country would change dramatically under hillary for sure.  Anyone that doesn't think that is naive.  The second amendment is likely gone within a decade... along with several civil protections and even watering down the first. We are heading in a direction... and it's nothing original.  Congratulations comrades.

Well since anyone can be a supreme court justice if getting past the nomination he'll nominate two of his kids.

Although it is possible to amend or repeal any amendment it's damn near impossible. Take two thirds of both houses and two thirds of all state legislatures and Governors to ratify. Probably won't happen in anyone on this forum's life time.

2seaoat

You don't have the slightest clue about Pensacola Beach, so why don't you STFU and stick to something you actually know something about, as hard as that might be to determine.

Yep, almost nine thousand folks were picked up on the Pensacola Beach 2010 census data and less than 1/2 of a percent of black folk were residents which completely comports with the bubble you chose and don't believe you live. My family has been visiting Pensacola to Panama City since before the great depression as folks in Opelika in the late 1800s would drive down to Panama City......and yes the beaches were segregated in my youth, and only in the last ten years have I seen black or brown faces on the beach......sorry to pop your bubble. If you do not think Bubba is not making a yearly migration to lily white beaches, then you never rented.

http://factfinder.census.gov/faces/tableservices/jsf/pages/productview.xhtml?src=CF

Telstar

Telstar

2seaoat wrote:If you did not know this Bob......Earl Warren was a Republican governor.....you dixiecrats think you can define Republicans.....Abe, Ike, and I simply know history.  I want a good Republican like Hillary to appoint Supreme Court justices.

2seaoat

Love that video.....Earl Warren was a good and decent man. We once had those folks in abundance in this country before we went Hollywood.

RealLindaL

2seaoat wrote:You don't have the slightest clue about Pensacola Beach, so why don't you STFU and stick to something you actually know something about, as hard as that might be to determine.

Yep, almost nine thousand folks were picked up on the Pensacola Beach 2010 census data and less than 1/2 of a percent of black folk were residents which completely comports with the bubble you chose and don't believe you live.  My family has been visiting Pensacola to Panama City since before the great depression as folks in Opelika in the late 1800s would drive down to Panama City......and yes the beaches were segregated in my youth, and only in the last ten years have I seen black or brown faces on the beach......sorry to pop your bubble.  If you do not think Bubba is not making a yearly migration to lily white beaches, then you never rented.

http://factfinder.census.gov/faces/tableservices/jsf/pages/productview.xhtml?src=CF

Your link doesn't work, but that website can't even be searched by "Pensacola Beach."  So  I don't know what you were looking at but whatever info you supposedly gleaned there is highly suspect; there is no way in hell the Pensacola Beach population is anywhere near 9,000.  No way.   I can only surmise you and/or your source(s) are using our zip code, which would provide erroneous information, because -- as you should know since you know everything about us -- that postal zip also includes Gulf Breeze, even though (as you should also know), that city is in a completely different county.

Look, as I've previously indicated and proved by example, the diversification we are seeing here on the beach is definitely recent-years -- but it's happening, even if it bursts your BUBBLE of complacent know-it-all non-facts.

Further, if you would READ AND COMPREHEND for a change, I indicated your neighbor would hate the beach and specifically mentioned areas that are frequented by people of color -- NOT necessarily who all live here -- I didn't say that -- but who frequent our Sound- and Gulf-front beaches and Boardwalk.   By terming this beach lily white today you are demonstrating your own BUBBLE-headed ignorance, sorry, and I don't care if your family came over here with Don Tristan de Luna himself.

2seaoat

Gosh Linda.......You do not know Hillary's expanded Medicare position and foolishly now you do not know how to put your zip code into the requested query which will give you your bubble information.  You then make the illogical argument that the zip code includes a larger area than pensacola beach, but I know this will be difficult........it includes every resident on PB.....and including those portions of Gulf Breeze and all of Pensacola Beach there are less than 60 black people.........I know......you notice black visitors to the beach.....and we already know about the Pensacola Residents concerns about the boardwalk and all the new rules to deal with the new faces on Pensacola Beach......Pleaseeeeeeee do not pretend to be for Hillary and her positions and that you actually believe that Pensacola Beach has been inviting for Black People when you moved into Lily white land.   Hey its a free country and you most certainly can have a dream and act on it, but when somebody makes a comment about the context of that dream, a simple you know you are right.....it is about 99% white.......instead you attack reality, and try to make me the bad guy.........or that I am proposing medicare proposals which are pie in the sky.....yet you claim to support Hillary and you do not even recognize her positions and how they will impact real people living outside the bubble.....once again confirming bubble land.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum