Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Well some of you predicted right. Looks like the douche is now making excuses to chicken out of the debates. LOL

+4
dumpcare
Sal
2seaoat
Hospital Bob
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Telstar

Telstar

I guess Trump and Palin figure it's all a big joke like rasslin' or reality shows. Only thing is real bullets kill and injure real people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgnOgROJ8mg

RealLindaL

Bob wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:
Bob wrote:And obviously all this assassination stuff is nothing but more media sensationalism designed to get more eyeballs watching their sideshow.

NO, Bob.   While the media will always take advantage of a hot button when it's pushed by Trump, this "assassination stuff," as you so offhandedly term it, is, in fact, far beyond the usual Trump-inspired controversy, being instead a serious and very thinly-veiled incitement to murder, barely skirting criminality.  

You're absolutely correct,  Linda.  When I posted that it was before I realized exactly what it was he said.  After it was pointed out that his comment about the "2nd amendment people could do something" was clearly prefaced by him saying they could do this after the election,  then it became very evident what he was suggesting.  And when he doubled down on it afterwards that confirmed it for me.

You need to really appreciate how unheard of it was until this for a nominee to actually suggest publicly that his opponent should be assassinated.  I initially found it hard to accept that our country had actually come to this.
And I'm even more shocked now to realize it actually was true.  This has never happened before.

Thank you for posting this statement, Bob.   You are a stand-up guy for doing so.  And you are so right that the real evidence of the shocking intent behind Trump's statement is found in the fact that the suggestion was clearly intended to influence what might just happen after the election  -- not before -- at the hands of the "Second Amendment folks."  

So Trump's B.S. excuse that it was supposed to relate to party unity or whatever in doing something about Hillary made absolutely no sense whatsoever, since the voting which such unity might affect would already be well over with.  I seriously doubt anyone of any reasonable intelligence who had actually heard his words was fooled.

As for our country's having "actually come to this," I have to tell myself it isn't the country, it's a relatively small percentage, a weird sort of club of off-the-wall wackos that Trump belongs to.  Other members in the category might be Carl Gallups or Sheriff Arpaio, except that Trump's message is far less coherent in its insanity, because his only direction is the one that he thinks will win him support and votes in any particular moment.  He has no anchor, no center, and no integrity whatsoever.  

Thank goodness he's not the whole country, Bob.  

What we need is a resounding defeat at the polls, a true Hillary landslide, to send a strong message to his loudest supporters that they are so far out of the mainstream of this nation it isn't funny, and that acting like Trump is NOT, NOT, NOT acceptable to the vast majority of Americans, NOT the right and proper way to act on the world stage, nor certainly the way to run this fine country.

Please don't vote for anyone else but Hillary, nor stay home on election day, Bob.  Please.  Every vote will count this time, more than ever.   We have to keep this lunatic out of the Oval Office, and send a unified message that America will not stand for this outrageous and dangerous behavior.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

RealLindaL wrote:

Please don't vote for anyone else but Hillary, nor stay home on election day, Bob.  Please.  Every vote will count this time, more than ever.   We have to keep this lunatic out of the Oval Office, and send a unified message that America will not stand for this outrageous and dangerous behavior.

Sorry,  Linda.  If I even decide to vote in this election,  I will only do so if I vote my conscience.  And I'll let these folks explain why my conscience won't let me vote for either...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/these-walmart-moms-say-they-feel-nauseated-by-the-choice-of-clinton-or-trump/2016/08/10/d475dc82-5eec-11e6-af8e-54aa2e849447_story.html

I've had enough of voting for the lesser of evils.  If I ever vote again it will be me voting for a candidate I actually WANT to hold the office.
And if the vote was held tomorrow,  I'd be voting for Johnson.
But I really wouldn't worry if I was you.  After recent events and the recent polls I'm convinced Trump no longer has a snowball's chance of being the President.   I'm no longer sure he'll even still be in the race on election day. But if he is,  he may not even be the Republican Party candidate.
We should get a good indication of how that will play out after tomorrow's "jesus meeting" at the RNC.

dumpcare

Bob wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:

Sorry,  Linda.  If I even decide to vote in this election,  I will only do so if I vote my conscience.  And I'll let these folks explain why my conscience won't let me vote for either...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/these-walmart-moms-say-they-feel-nauseated-by-the-choice-of-clinton-or-trump/2016/08/10/d475dc82-5eec-11e6-af8e-54aa2e849447_story.html

I've had enough of voting for the lesser of evils.  If I ever vote again it will be me voting for a candidate I actually WANT to hold the office.
And if the vote was held tomorrow,  I'd be voting for Johnson.
But I really wouldn't worry if I was you.  After recent events and the recent polls I'm convinced Trump no longer has a snowball's chance of being the President.   I'm no longer sure he'll even still be in the race on election day. But if he is,  he may not even be the Republican Party candidate.
We should get a good indication of how that will play out after tomorrow's "jesus meeting" at the RNC.

Bob you will vote if I have to come over there and drag you to the polls, amendment 2 will need all the yes votes it can muster since I have heard a lot of people say lately they aren't going to vote. Hell write your own name in for Pres if you don't like the choices. Who give a shit what the DEA says?

dumpcare

RealLindaL wrote:
Bob wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:
Bob wrote:And obviously all this assassination stuff is nothing but more media sensationalism designed to get more eyeballs watching their sideshow.

NO, Bob.   While the media will always take advantage of a hot button when it's pushed by Trump, this "assassination stuff," as you so offhandedly term it, is, in fact, far beyond the usual Trump-inspired controversy, being instead a serious and very thinly-veiled incitement to murder, barely skirting criminality.  

You're absolutely correct,  Linda.  When I posted that it was before I realized exactly what it was he said.  After it was pointed out that his comment about the "2nd amendment people could do something" was clearly prefaced by him saying they could do this after the election,  then it became very evident what he was suggesting.  And when he doubled down on it afterwards that confirmed it for me.

You need to really appreciate how unheard of it was until this for a nominee to actually suggest publicly that his opponent should be assassinated.  I initially found it hard to accept that our country had actually come to this.
And I'm even more shocked now to realize it actually was true.  This has never happened before.

Thank you for posting this statement, Bob.   You are a stand-up guy for doing so.  And you are so right that the real evidence of the shocking intent behind Trump's statement is found in the fact that the suggestion was clearly intended to influence what might just happen after the election  -- not before -- at the hands of the "Second Amendment folks."  

So Trump's B.S. excuse that it was supposed to relate to party unity or whatever in doing something about Hillary made absolutely no sense whatsoever, since the voting which such unity might affect would already be well over with.  I seriously doubt anyone of any reasonable intelligence who had actually heard his words was fooled.

As for our country's having "actually come to this," I have to tell myself it isn't the country, it's a relatively small percentage, a weird sort of club of off-the-wall wackos that Trump belongs to.  Other members in the category might be Carl Gallups or Sheriff Arpaio, except that Trump's message is far less coherent in its insanity, because his only direction is the one that he thinks will win him support and votes in any particular moment.  He has no anchor, no center, and no integrity whatsoever.  

Thank goodness he's not the whole country, Bob.  

What we need is a resounding defeat at the polls, a true Hillary landslide, to send a strong message to his loudest supporters that they are so far out of the mainstream of this nation it isn't funny, and that acting like Trump is NOT, NOT, NOT acceptable to the vast majority of Americans, NOT the right and proper way to act on the world stage, nor certainly the way to run this fine country.

I had to explain to a fellow agent what was wrong with trumps statement. She thought it was a joke. I said it may have been but what about the mentally unstable sitting at home stroking their gun while watching this and that crazy sees all sorts of scenario's in their head and how they can be front page news someday. The agent understood then.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Sorry I wasn't clear on that, ppaca. I may abstain from voting for President, but don't worry, I'll be there to vote on Amendment 2.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum