Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What could possibly go wrong? guns and fun...Daily kos story!

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Well, here we are again. Another week, another 17 people accidentally shooting themselves, another 11 kids accidentally shot, another eight accidental gun fatalities, four hunting accidents, four guns accidentally fired into neighbors’ homes or properties, two more gun cleaning accidents, two more guns accidentally fired while out and about in public, etc., etc., etc.

As usual, there are several unfortunate incidents that stand out among the crowd. Here’s one for you that presents an interesting problem for the “guns everywhere” society: A Florida man who brought his gun to work—for safety, of course—ended up accidentally firing it through the computer monitor at his desk and out into the main office. Ordinarily, I suppose destroying your office equipment and endangering your coworkers like that would get you fired. But who wants to risk having the guy who’s already shot up the office once as a disgruntled former employee?

Or how about the licensed concealed carrier who took the precaution of carrying a firearm, but not the precaution of turning off and locking his vehicle as he went into a convenience store? But hey, why turn off and lock your vehicle while you’re shopping, right? After all, if someone tries to steal it, it’s a perfect opportunity to do exactly what you've been dying to do all along: fire your gun at the bastard! Only it didn’t go like it had gone in your head, did it? No. Not only did you miss and the thief got away with your truck, but you shot out a hotel room window down the street. And the only guy who got arrested that day was you! The “law abiding, Responsible Gun Owner!” What an outrage!

Incidentally the incident cited above happened in Milton! LOL. I don't keep up on local news enough.

MILTON, FL, 4/21/16: It’s unclear whether the Florida State Attorney’s office will file charges against a man who accidentally fired his weapon at work. A Santa Rosa County tax collector’s office employee accidentally discharged his weapon shortly after 4:30 PM yesterday, Milton Police Department Capt. Tony Tindell said. There were no injuries. “The round didn’t travel far,” Tindell said. “(The investigator) found (the bullet) outside the office on the floor. “It went through his computer monitor,” he added. “From what we gathered, it wasn’t close to injuring anybody.” The gun’s owner has a conceal carry permit, Tindell said, adding he believes there is one other person in the office who knows the owner has a gun. The MPD began the investigation around 10 AM Friday when the incident was reported. Pending further investigation, James Parker with the State Attorney's office said the shooting appears accidental. "There is a statute which makes (the discharge) criminal if a firearm is displayed in a rude or angry manner but that doesn't appear to be the case from what I understand." Pending further investigation, James Parker with the State Attorney's office said the shooting appears accidental.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2016/08/04/1517035/-Police-chief-shoots-cop-in-the-woods-and-no-one-tells-the-mayor-Does-it-make-a-sound-GunFAIL-CXC?detail=email&link_id=7&can_id=7ac7f29811a186c5ae63a6abf479abdc&source=email-trump-adviser-roger-stone-getting-ready-to-create-a-constitutional-crisis&email_referrer=trump-adviser-roger-stone-getting-ready-to-create-a-constitutional-crisis&email_subject=trump-adviser-roger-stone-getting-ready-to-create-a-constitutional-crisis

2seaoat

I think I will have to be a little more polite when asking for a tax parcel map from those folks......sadly, I think I know who did this.

2seaoat

I am afraid I simply do not get conceal and carry. I mean the Santa Rosa County offices are the most secure place in America, and over the years I have used their services repeatedly........but how fricking scared are the Dixiecrats to vote for Donald Trump and feel they need a gun at the government center......what some drunk farmer from tractor supply is going to stumble into the building and present a threat......It is beyond me how folks like Markle can live their lives so utterly afraid.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

50 years since the sniper at the University of Texas...and Texas has just passed concealed carry for college campuses. Absolute insanity.

https://apps.texastribune.org/private-university-campus-carry/

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Every day, day in and day out, eight people in America die because drivers were screwing with their cellphones and got distracted.

2seaoat

Every day, day in and day out, eight people in America die because drivers were screwing with their cellphones and got distracted.

I understand completely.....when I am screwing and become distracted......I get hit upside the head also........I just never thought cell phones were so vindictive and needy, but eight a day.......I think I may sneak out with my smart phone tonight to see what this screwing with a cellphone is all about, and I certainly will not be distracted.....and will softly whisper.....oh Android.....oh Android....you rock my world. I will let you know Bob if you have anything else to be worried about.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum