Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dukakas had a 17 point lead at this time over Bush sr.

+2
othershoe1030
2seaoat
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

If anybody thinks that Trump has fallen on his sword, you only need to remember the racism of this country and how the Willie Horton commercial won the election for Bush sr. You see the iceberg of hate and fear is mostly hidden.

I would really like to see a uniting social movement to reject both nominees.

2seaoat

Why would I want to reject the most highly qualified presidential candidate in my lifetime who is a woman who will break the glass ceiling and give my granddaughters opportunity.  My wife is a great athlete.  She only had GAA in high school.   There was no girl's cross country, there was no girl's volleyball, there was no girl's basketball, there was no girl's track or softball.   She had no opportunity to excel and get a scholarship like her daughter.   My daughter became an attorney and is on track to become a judge.   When she was born, the three counties surrounding her birthplace did not have one women judge.   Today half the lawyers coming out of law school are women and almost half the judges are women.

It is a clear choice of optimism that I will put a sign up for Hillary and I will vote for Hillary.   I will remain a Republican, but more importantly I am a proud American when I vote for her policies and experience.   I live with only optimism and do not have a dark and mentally unstable view of America.  I do not live in fear and prejudice.  I celebrate Hillary Clinton so there is zero reluctance when the choice has never been more clear than this election.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

PkrBum wrote:I would really like to see a uniting social movement to reject both nominees.

So would I! That would have been Bernie.

The problem to me with the Trump supporters is that they are upset with the status quo but are aiming their anger in the wrong direction.

The undo influence of the special interests is the real problem. It creates the situation where what is best for the corporate bottom line and the top one half of one percent often gets its needs taken care of over the best interests of the middle class. That's how we've ended up with a tax code that gives so many breaks to the already well off. This is one thing that's eating away at the middle class, that and low wages.

I wish there was a way to harness that group's attention and get them headed in a more productive direction.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

2seaoat wrote:If anybody thinks that Trump has fallen on his sword, you only need to remember the racism of this country and how the Willie Horton commercial won the election for Bush sr.   You see the iceberg of hate and fear is mostly hidden.

The smoldering racism in this country is indeed very disturbing. We are making progress along these lines but no one should be fooled into thinking we are anywhere near being color blind. The institutionalized racism in the form of red lining in mortgages and insurance is truly despicable. These policies were written into our laws! The fact that all this is coming to light is encouraging as is the outrage now expressed about how this could have been seen as normal. I'm happy we are becoming less white as a nation. It makes us more human and less like Trump.

dumpcare

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/04/us/politics/donald-trump-supporters.html?_r=0

watch this video

2seaoat

I have been reporting on the PNJ and here for over ten years how rancid and real racism is in America, only to be told that I am race baiting, that I have white guilt, that blacks and mexicans are responsible for racism, and I argue that the polite dog whistle silent conformity is the most threatening to America. Now we have a fascist candidate who appeals to those who want a White nationalist party which puts folks of color back in their place......the one man expressed Bob's views the best.....I want the country to go back to the culture I grew up in.....you know four bathrooms, back of the bus, separate but unequal, and knowing one's place. The bigger problem than Trump is the failure of America to expel the hate from our democracy by vigilance to extinguish the same when it raises its evil head......David Duke for Senate, and Donald Trump for President tells the whole story, but the dog whistle and false equivalency folks just keep spewing their passive aggressive chit, as it they are being fair and balanced.....yep.....just like Fox News.

Trump is doing a great job at getting Hillary elected.

The Republican Party is presently the epitome of negative. They have not clue of how to put forth a candidate. They have no clue of how to work in Congress.

They are done.

Not one of them is fighting for survival. All a hoax.

Which party just had their chairperson and several officials dumped? Have you read the hacked emails?

Could you acknowledge that both have issues? Asking too much? You won't find that in the leftist talkingpoints.

Sooo... no?

Telstar

Telstar

2seaoat wrote:If anybody thinks that Trump has fallen on his sword, you only need to remember the racism of this country and how the Willie Horton commercial won the election for Bush sr. You see the iceberg of hate and fear is mostly hidden.

Trump's campaign has been one big Willie Horton commercial.

2seaoat

Trump's campaign has been one big Willie Horton commercial.

As appalling as this is.......he is not even close to being out of this election. He filled venues in Northern Florida this past week. He will fill every SEC stop, and when the polls are counted he will get the majority of his votes from the same.....Willie Horton and the fear associated from the same is alive and well.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

SheWrites wrote:Trump is doing a great job at getting Hillary elected.

The Republican Party is presently the epitome of negative.  They have not clue of how to put forth a candidate. They have no clue of how to work in Congress.

They are done.

Not one of them is fighting for survival.  All a hoax.

Might be....... Exclamation Question

Maybe Hillary is the one chosen to finally deliver the United States into the New World Order. Perhaps Donald Trump is simply the Heel in this wrestling match; who is supposed to ensure the star wrestler wins in a flamboyant fashion. Entertaining for the masses watching the circus while they eat their bread.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Telstar

Telstar

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
SheWrites wrote:Trump is doing a great job at getting Hillary elected.

The Republican Party is presently the epitome of negative.  They have not clue of how to put forth a candidate. They have no clue of how to work in Congress.

They are done.

Not one of them is fighting for survival.  All a hoax.

Might be....... Exclamation Question

Maybe Hillary is the one chosen to finally deliver the United States into the New World Order. Perhaps Donald Trump is simply the Heel in this wrestling match; who is supposed to ensure the star wrestler wins in a flamboyant fashion. Entertaining for the masses watching the circus while they eat their bread.

In the sixties the joke was that Bell Telephone ruled the world, not quite. Now we can all see that WWE wrasslin' rules the world. No need for kayfab any more. BTW in 2008 all three nominees taped congratulations on RAW for it's anniversary.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

If the real story behind the Iran/Contra scandal had been allowed to enter the consciousness of the electorate, I don't believe George H W Bush could have won. There was a massive disinfo campaign to keep the scandal away from the White House. Ollie North was fired. John Poindexter, National Security Advisor, resigned. Poppy pardoned everyone involved after taking office. And CIA director William Casey was also directly involved, of course.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/americanexperience/features/general-article/reagan-iran/

Iran-Contra Revisited

New Book Places Reagan at Center of 1980s Scandal

Lack of Legal or Legislative Closure to Affair Opened Path to Future Presidential Abuses

Narrative Spotlights Iranian, Israeli, Nicaraguan Perspectives

National Security Archive Electronic Briefing Book No. 483
Posted September 5, 2014

For more information contact:
202/994-7000 or nsarchiv@gwu.edu

Dukakas had a 17 point lead at this time over Bush sr. BookCover

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum