Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

POTUS Calls Out Republicans on Trump

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sal

Sal

“I think what’s been interesting is the repeated denunciations of his statements by leading Republicans,” he said in a press conference. “The question I think they have to ask themselves is, if you are repeatedly having to say in very strong terms that what he has said is unacceptable, why are you still endorsing him? What does this say about your party that this is your standard-bearer? This isn’t a situation where you have an episodic gaffe. This is daily and weekly where they are distancing themselves from statements he’s making.”

Obama wondered what comment from Trump would actually force Republicans to withdraw their support for the Republican nominee.

“There has to be a point in which you say this is not somebody I can support for President of the United States, even if he purports to be a member of my party. The fact that that has not yet happened makes some of these denunciations ring hollow. I don’t doubt their sincerity. I don’t doubt they were outraged about some of the statements that Mr. Trump and his supporters made about the Khan family,” he said. “But there has to come a point in which you say somebody who makes those kinds of statements doesn’t have the judgment, the temperament, the understanding to occupy the most powerful position in the world because a lot of people depend on the White House getting stuff right.”

He noted that the denunciations coming from Republicans differ from the typical policy disagreements between Democrats and Republicans.

“I think I was right and Mitt Romney and John McCain were wrong on certain policy issues, but I never thought that they couldn’t do the job. And had they won, I would have been disappointed, but I would have said to all Americans, this is our president, and I know they’re going to abide by certain norms and rules and common sense, will observe basic decency, will have enough knowledge about economic policy and foreign policy, and our constitutional traditions and rule of law that our government will work,” Obama said. “But that’s not the situation here.”

“There has to come a point in which you say, enough,” Obama told Republicans.

The President also said that Trump is “unfit” to be president in light of his attacks on the Khans, who are the parents of a Muslim-American soldier who died in combat.

“Yes, I think the Republican nominee is unfit to serve as president,” he said at a press conference when asked if he questions Trump’s fitness to serve given his comments on the Khan family and on Russia. “I said so last week. And he keeps on proving it. The notion that he would attack a Gold Star family that had made such extraordinary sacrifices on behalf of our country, the fact that he doesn’t appear to have basic knowledge around critical issues in Europe, in the Middle East, in Asia means that he’s woefully unprepared to do this job.”

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/obama-trump-unfit-gop-endorsements

Hard to argue with even a word of that.

Vikingwoman

Here's another one from Republicans.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/scarborough-questions-trumps-mental-health-hes-unhinged-this-is-insanity/

Like the Charlie Brown cartoons,
All we hear from O is "waaa wha waaa wha wha waa whaaa"

Worst mistake ever.  I don't know what they have to do to rid themselves of this buffoon but they need to.

....or..... (say that in your best singy song voice)

Was this the end all of shenanigans  with a "convention" and nomination of a "candidate" that would never be President because we truly are moving to a one party system?????

Hmmmmmmm.... (and yes you have to singy songy on that one too)

I still say it has to be a put up, put on, they know what they are doing, act.  Why else would so many inept people be paraded about during the primaries??

It's over.  

And we were there...

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Tellthetruth wrote:Like the Charlie Brown cartoons,
All we hear from O is "waaa wha waaa  wha wha waa whaaa"

President Obama's comments are the sharpest most direct criticism of Trumps qualifications to date. How anyone could hear and see his statement could characterize these as you did is unbelievable!

Sal

Sal

No, what you saw was the President landing a brutal combination on the vulgar talking yam.

Now, your characterization will no doubt be accurate in describing the response of said yam.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

othershoe1030 wrote:

President Obama's comments are the sharpest most direct criticism of Trumps qualifications to date. How anyone could hear and see his statement could characterize these as you did is unbelievable!

But, but, but... You have to remember that the poster is PaceDog. He is back (I knew he would come back because he always does). PaceDog hates Obama, hates Hillary, and probably even hates the Khzir Khan family because he also hates Muslims.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

The presidents right... but over the top for the drooling minion.  What they ignore is the equally flawed hillary.  She would continue Obama's war on whistleblowers and govt transparency.  She's known to advance military adventurism... even with recent examples of that folly (iraq and bush... that's for flatex... lol).  We should revolt this election... a massive social protest/movement.

othershoe1030 wrote:

Obama's said some pretty stupid things himself. Most of it along race relations even in his early days as the President and his lack of speech towards Occupy and BLM movements allowing their anarchist actions to continue is just as bad as Trump's missed speaking opportunities.  Speech or faux pas do not disqualify a person from the job and if anyone ever had zilch for qualification as President and got elected due to his perceived minority status, it was O. There's nobody else in the GOP who makes a stark enough contrast to the ceasing of Obama's (election of Hillary) 3rd term. Running off Trump as you wish only guarantees another lawless President gets elected who has violated multiple classified material handling laws, lied to Congress under oath, and lied to the American people so much even the liberals at MSNBC pointed it out today on Morning Joe. Look how much she has thumbed her nose at the American people thus far? Imagine how bad it will get if she is at the top of the governmental food chain?

Sal

Sal

PkrBum wrote:  What they ignore is the equally flawed hillary.

Hillary is qualified.

Trump is a dumpster fire.

I can see where you're confused ...

... because you're an idiot.

VectorMan

VectorMan

That crazy bitch is qualified to go to jail. That's about all there is at this point.

I really find it really hard to believe that people would support her and KNOW all the lies that she has told. What the hell is wrong with you libtards? Oh, never mind....I answered my own question.....LOL carry on.....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum