Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

GOP candidate Trump calls off rally due to security concerns

+3
Hospital Bob
RealLindaL
Markle
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Markle

Markle

Lame Duck President Obama's good friend, domestic terrorist Bill Ayers, former head of the Weather Underground was in the center of it all.

Once again, Progressives STRONGLY SUPPORT FREE SPEECH...SO LONG AS THEY GET TO DECIDE WHAT CONSTITUTES FREE SPEECH.

By JILL COLVIN and MICHAEL TARM
Mar. 11, 2016 10:12 PM ESTOnce

CHICAGO (AP) — Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump canceled one of his signature rallies on Friday, calling off the event in Chicago due to safety concerns after protesters packed the arena where it was to take place.

The announcement the billionaire businessman would postpone the rally until another day led a large portion of the crowd inside the University of Illinois at Chicago Pavilion to break out into raucous cheers. Many rushed onto the floor, jumping up and down with their arms up in the air.

"Trump represents everything America is not and everything Chicago is not," said Kamran Siddiqui, 20, a student at the school who was among those celebrating. "We came in here and we wanted to shut this down. Because this is a great city and we don't want to let that person in here."

[...]

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/17787a327ac849c1b7d0f0cfc4463ca6/trump-faces-questions-about-rally-violence-gop-debate

RealLindaL

This is UN.   BLANKING.   BELIEVABLE.    Not only is OBAMA to blame for the appalling scene in Chicago earlier tonight (are you kidding me??? This would be LAUGHABLE were it not so PITIFUL), but there is not ONE WORD offered by Markle himself about TRUMP'S culpability in all this -- THE MAN WHO HAS BEEN INVITING, IF NOT INCITING, EXACTLY THIS TYPE OF VIOLENT ENCOUNTER at his rallies.

Trump even had the GALL to admit tonight, un-shamefacedly to the American people, that "his advisers" (right) think the Chicago confrontation will be HELPFUL to his campaign.  WHAT???!!! This, following one of the darkest moments in American political history.  Uniter my foot!!!

I am speechless in the face of this event and especially in light of Markle's poisonous attempt to spread totally unjust blame back on our president --  a pure affront to human decency and almost enough to send me permanently packing from this forum.

How in the world do you people stand it??

Beyond the politicizing and blame shifting... is this the new standard for peaceable assembly?

I just want to make sure there's ONE set of rules and ethics.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

It's Obama's fault that those Trump rallies are violent.

"Thank you very much for your attendance and please go in peace." Trump campaign

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Trump now has a "goon squad" to identify potential protesters and he has (very vocally) encouraged violence at his rallies...going so far as to offer legal help to anyone charged with a crime. Anyone who hasn't seen this isn't looking.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Markle wrote:Lame Duck President Obama's good friend, domestic terrorist Bill Ayers, former head of the Weather Underground was in the center of it all.

Once again, Progressives STRONGLY SUPPORT FREE SPEECH...SO LONG AS THEY GET TO DECIDE WHAT CONSTITUTES FREE SPEECH.

By JILL COLVIN and MICHAEL TARM
Mar. 11, 2016 10:12 PM ESTOnce  

CHICAGO (AP) — Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump canceled one of his signature rallies on Friday, calling off the event in Chicago due to safety concerns after protesters packed the arena where it was to take place.

The announcement the billionaire businessman would postpone the rally until another day led a large portion of the crowd inside the University of Illinois at Chicago Pavilion to break out into raucous cheers. Many rushed onto the floor, jumping up and down with their arms up in the air.

"Trump represents everything America is not and everything Chicago is not," said Kamran Siddiqui, 20, a student at the school who was among those celebrating. "We came in here and we wanted to shut this down. Because this is a great city and we don't want to let that person in here."

[...]

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/17787a327ac849c1b7d0f0cfc4463ca6/trump-faces-questions-about-rally-violence-gop-debate

GOP candidate Trump calls off rally due to security concerns Shoveling-shit

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

RealLindaL

Floridatexan wrote:
Trump now has a "goon squad" to identify potential protesters and he has (very vocally) encouraged violence at his rallies...going so far as to offer legal help to anyone charged with a crime.  Anyone who hasn't seen this isn't looking.  

Either not looking or too busy to pay attention, in the case of the working class folks who are Trump's biggest supporters.   It's a huge concern -- I'm afraid they just have no idea what this man is really about.  At least I'd like to give them that excuse.  It's better than thinking so many fellow Americans are just plain being duped into loving Trump no matter what (I know they love his money and power and open bigotry, which is bad enough).

Maybe there's already a thread on this (forgive me; haven't looked), but apparently Kasich and Rubio came out today and indicated they would not likely be able to support him were he the party's candidate, as he's tearing the party apart.  Cruz, ever the opportunist, said he'd stick to his earlier pledge to support whoever it is.  Maybe if Trump shoots someone Cruz will change  his mind?  But no, as you'll recall, Trump once said he could even get away with that and his followers would still love him.

Markle

Markle

RealLindaL wrote:This is UN. BLANKING. BELIEVABLE. Not only is OBAMA to blame for the appalling scene in Chicago earlier tonight (are you kidding me??? This would be LAUGHABLE were it not so PITIFUL), but there is not ONE WORD offered by Markle himself about TRUMP'S culpability in all this -- THE MAN WHO HAS BEEN INVITING, IF NOT INCITING, EXACTLY THIS TYPE OF VIOLENT ENCOUNTER at his rallies.

Trump even had the GALL to admit tonight, un-shamefacedly to the American people, that "his advisers" (right) think the Chicago confrontation will be HELPFUL to his campaign. WHAT???!!! This, following one of the darkest moments in American political history. Uniter my foot!!!

I am speechless in the face of this event and especially in light of Markle's poisonous attempt to spread totally unjust blame back on our president -- a pure affront to human decency and almost enough to send me permanently packing from this forum.

As you know, and know well, we have never had a more divisive president in modern history.

From the time he took office, and before, he aligned himself with those who hate the police, along with Al Sharpton, the New Black Panthers, the Black Lives Matter movement, the Occupy Wall Street Movement and others.

I'm sorry you are leaving this forum because the FACTS have hurt you feelings.

SO VERY TYPICAL of the Progressive!

FREE SPEECH FOR ALL...JUST SO I DECIDE WHAT IS FREE SPEECH!

RealLindaL

Markle wrote:As you know, and know well, we have never had a more divisive president in modern history.

I know NOTHING OF THE SORT and the only reason YOU "know" is because you apparently immerse yourself all day long in nothing but negative, anti-Obama rhetoric from the right and its far fringes.  It's patently obvious that's all you ever want to hear, forget real facts or truth.  If it supports your hatred of Obama, it's valid. Nothing else is!  It's no wonder your mind is as narrow as a pencil lead.

What YOU know perfectly well is that the Republicans openly conspired from DAY ONE (even BEFORE day one) to do whatever it took to make Obama a "one term president," even if that meant ignoring their own constituents, refusing to pass needed legislation no matter HOW much the Democrats gave up and compromised, shutting down government when they were begged by their own not to do that, and looking the other way while Obama was continually berated and denigrated by those who LOVE to put the "Hussein" in the middle of his name spoken like an epithet.  The very reverend (NOT) Carl Gallups-- that hateful, arrogant man, loves to positively SPIT out that middle name.

And yet our president remains the most admired man in American.   I'll listen to those people who see the great good in him, and never, never to you, because you're absolutely blinded by your hatred.  It's a very, very palpable nastiness.

RealLindaL

Markle wrote:SO VERY TYPICAL of the Progressive!

SO VERY TYPICAL of Markle, to label people however he wants, REGARDLESS OF THE FACTS. He must be God incarnate.

Progressivism is simply the ideology that a federal govt solution is the preferred solution to any given domestic issue.

It's pointless anymore to label it dem/pub left/right... the majority of politicians desire that as their means.

Bush2 was nearly as effective a progressive as obama has been... albeit often for opposite goals. Though many have been compatible too... such as the patriot act and ndaa. There are also the monetary policies and privacy.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

A black unarmed suspect runs from a cop who shoots him in the back and kills him. Markle says it's Obama's fault.

A hurricane decimates New Jersey. Markle: "It's Obama's fault."

The KKK beats hell out of a black teenager. Markle: It's Obama's fault.

Fact: Whenever our first black President aligns himself with a minority group who is protesting against racism, he's "dividing" us. Uh Huh ...

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

If the "Establishment",  whatever that is exactly,  wants to bring Trump down,   they've just been shown the way to do it.

All they need to do is to send plants into the Trump rallies to initiate more violence at each rally and then blame the violence on Trump and that should do it.

Markle wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:This is UN.   BLANKING.   BELIEVABLE.    Not only is OBAMA to blame for the appalling scene in Chicago earlier tonight (are you kidding me??? This would be LAUGHABLE were it not so PITIFUL), but there is not ONE WORD offered by Markle himself about TRUMP'S culpability in all this -- THE MAN WHO HAS BEEN INVITING, IF NOT INCITING, EXACTLY THIS TYPE OF VIOLENT ENCOUNTER at his rallies.

Trump even had the GALL to admit tonight, un-shamefacedly to the American people, that "his advisers" (right) think the Chicago confrontation will be HELPFUL to his campaign.  WHAT???!!! This, following one of the darkest moments in American political history.  Uniter my foot!!!

I am speechless in the face of this event and especially in light of Markle's poisonous attempt to spread totally unjust blame back on our president --  a pure affront to human decency and almost enough to send me permanently packing from this forum.

As you know, and know well, we have never had a more divisive president in modern history.

From the time he took office, and before, he aligned himself with those who hate the police, along with Al Sharpton, the New Black Panthers, the Black Lives Matter movement, the Occupy Wall Street Movement and others.

I'm sorry you are leaving this forum because the FACTS have hurt you feelings.

SO VERY TYPICAL of the Progressive!

FREE SPEECH FOR ALL...JUST SO I DECIDE WHAT IS FREE SPEECH!

The President is not divisive, people choose to take a side, be it bigoted, racist, or just a level headed position. Republicans and Christians are decisive - they only want a "God anointed" President.

Go find one. Laughing

Markle

Markle

SheWrites wrote:
The President is  not divisive, people choose to take a side, be it bigoted, racist, or just a level headed position.   Republicans and Christians are decisive - they only want a "God anointed" President.

Go find one.  Laughing

GOP candidate Trump calls off rally due to security concerns LOL_zpsrc5py0ql

RealLindaL

Markle wrote:I'm sorry you are leaving this forum because the FACTS have hurt you feelings.

I thought I had responded to this statement last night but apparently hit the wrong key because it disappeared into the ether.  Will try to re-create.

Basically was just remembering that a certain other conservative on this forum recently said to me that,"It's a common leftist political tactic to...diminish your opponent... and therefore their opinion."

Leftist, schmeftist.  Rightist Markle's saying my feelings are hurt is just that -- a tactic to diminish me, make me look like a poor little crying baby girl who's picking up her toys and going home.  It's so transparent as to be laughable -- but of course it's also insulting, which is the main goal of the writer.

Markle once spoke about how some people here can't separate the forum commenter from the true person behind the words, or something to that effect.  Well, in this case I think the words make it perfectly clear who the person behind them is, and that person is not someone I have any interest in further discussion with, much less ever befriending.   I presume the feeling is way more than mutual.  Markle's loss. Smile

RealLindaL

PkrBum wrote:Progressivism is simply the ideology that a federal govt solution is the preferred solution to any given domestic issue.

It's pointless anymore to label it dem/pub left/right... the majority of politicians desire that as their means.

Bush2 was nearly as effective a progressive as obama has been... albeit often for opposite goals. Though many have been compatible too... such as the patriot act and ndaa. There are also the monetary policies and privacy.

Thank you for defining for all of us what constitutes progressivism.  

I have made it clear that I'm a registered independent (NPA in Florida) who leans left on social issues and more centrist on fiscal policy.  I have also made it clear that I'm not in favor of dismantling our capitalistic society, and that I've  been listening to ALL the candidates, trying to find one I can support, and that Hillary Clinton -- who is one of the most moderate Democrats one could choose from for public office at present -- is, in my opinion, the least of all the evils we've been given to choose from.

That Markle (and now maybe you too, Pkr) still wants to label me a Progressive despite my prior protest of same, is just plain bullheaded.   I may as well be talking to a wall as being here.  If you can't understand that, too bad for me, I guess.

I can't see any benefit to anyone, least of all myself, in spending any more of my time on this forum, at least not on the political threads.  It's ridiculous, plain and simple.

I didn't label you anything... I didn't even infer that you were... you're mistaken. I was making a political comment.

Markle

Markle

Sorry RealLindaL, you are the one who refused to refute my points and then said you were leaving.

If you think that is "insulting", then you're as thin skinned as Lame Duck President Obama. I'm sorry.

As for President Obama being the most "admired" man. How then are his approval numbers so high? Just curious.

The RealClearPolitics approval average for good ol' President Obama is 48.3% and 47.9% disapproval. Oops.

After taking office, this was one if his first divisive comments, there were, as you know, many others in his two books. How did a good Progressive like you accept him as your messiah without even knowing who he is?

Here is President Obama.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Markle likes to insult people, then when they demean him back, he pulls-up old Socrates quotes and declares himself the winner of the argument.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

RealLindaL

PkrBum wrote:I didn't label you anything... I didn't even infer that you were... you're mistaken. I was making a political comment.

That's why I said "MAYBE" you were too, Pkr.   In any event you sure didn't defend me.  Not that you're required to, of course, but sometimes silence -- or, in this case, a little lecture on Pkr's definition of progressivism right after I'm called a Progressive and protest the same -- speaks volumes.

RealLindaL

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:Markle likes to insult people, then when they demean him back, he pulls-up old Socrates quotes and declares himself the winner of the argument.

Pretty pitiful isn't it, Z-man? Not only that, but he only doubles down on his entirely un-subtle demeaning comments.

Markle also deludes himself that anyone here (except maybe one or two?) puts any stock whatsoever in anything coming out of Real Clear Politics or any other of his tiny-minded right wing rumor-mongering sources.  But hey, fair is fair, right?  Especially since he tells us not to bother citing respected mainstream sources as he won't pay attention to any of them.  

What a JOKE!   Markle is truly iconic -- the quintessential close-minded right winger.  And I would say worse but don't wish to lower myself to his level.

RealLindaL wrote:
PkrBum wrote:I didn't label you anything... I didn't even infer that you were... you're mistaken. I was making a political comment.

That's why I said "MAYBE" you were too, Pkr.   In any event you sure didn't defend me.  Not that you're required to, of course, but sometimes silence -- or, in this case, a little lecture on Pkr's definition of progressivism right after I'm called a Progressive and protest the same -- speaks volumes.

Tbh... I was chastising markle there. He likes to toss around that word solely associated with dems... which is inaccurate.

As I pointed out... to him.

2seaoat

Trump is a wussy. He plays a tough guy, but you do not come to Chicago and Play a tough guy. You are either a tough guy.....or you run. Trump ran. When you start a forest fire, do not be surprised if you will get burned. It is one thing to come to Mobile Alabama and start bad mouthing Latinos and Muslims....In Chicago there are massive populations of the same......People in Chicago scared Martin Luther King when he came.......it was easier to face the bigotry of the south than the tough blue collar whites of Chicago. Chicago has no use for posers in their sports teams, politicians, or celebrities.....the Chicago way is not to hold a sign up.....it is one side trying to hit somebody with the sign, and the other side trying to put the sign where the sun does not shine.....and into this environment the wussy tough guy came.....pretenders get eaten up in Chicago.

Donald Trump only needs to win Florida....he will cut a deal with Kasich and the deal is done.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum