Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The death of conservatism

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The death of conservatism Empty The death of conservatism 7/21/2016, 6:35 pm

2seaoat

Neoconservatives
social conservatives
fiscal conservatives
libertarian conservatives
Paleoconservatives

It appears that a liberal Democrat has leveraged xenophobic and racial fear to advance Paleoconservative ideas which conflict with Neoconservative who argue the importance of foreign engagement, international alliances, and war. Social conservatives have all but had the wool pulled over their eyes as this candidate wears religion on his sleeve like a new wife, and the idea that this candidate wants to cut taxes and increase military spending to further cause debt has fiscal conservatives looking at his budget and going......WTF.....and finally this idea of libertarian conservatives where he is asking for identity cards, building walls to stop free flows of people, and wanting to question people of particular faiths of their beliefs......no the Republican Party has been exploded into a fascist Paleoconservative Party led by a bumbling fool who can cause incredible damage like saying he would abandon Nato nations and giving Putin a pass. The Republican Party of my youth is dead.

2The death of conservatism Empty Re: The death of conservatism 7/21/2016, 8:27 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

2seaoat wrote:The Republican Party of my youth is dead.

Yes it is... The party which advanced Dwight D. Eisenhower and then Richard Nixon no longer exists. Reagan started the downward trend, but the Bushes accelerated it.

I was a straight Republican voter until 1992, where I voted for Ross Perot. In 1996, I wrote my daughter's name in for POTUS. In 2000, I saw what George W. Bush was going to be like, and voted against him, and have not voted for any Republican  for any seat  since (though I am still registered as a Republican).

But yes, our party is deader than a doornail, Seaoat.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

3The death of conservatism Empty Re: The death of conservatism 7/21/2016, 9:00 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Even I registered as a Republican in 1980, because I had just moved here and was told point-blank that I wouldn't be able to vote in local primaries or local elections unless I did. The Southern Strategy was in full force by 1980. Newt Gingrich had his Faustian bargain, or his Satanic bargain, however you want to look at it. Lee Atwater revisited. Or whatever. The GOP has been using ever tactic to keep an anti-American viewpoint alive, and it has failed...miserably. No one with a brain and any sense of our history is buying what the GOP is selling. Only people who keep it tuned to FOX are swayed. I have never witnessed a more transparent election in my life. If he has done nothing else, Trump has shone a spotlight on the pathetic state of the GOP.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum