Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

I'll bet Melania will give her husband hell after they gave her a plagiarized speech

+6
othershoe1030
Sal
RealLindaL
dumpcare
2seaoat
Hospital Bob
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

She didn't campaign with Trump because she didn't like being in the limelight.
So they finally get her to agree to make a convention speech,  probably reluctantly,  and then they give her a speech plagiarized from Michelle Obama while Melania is telling Matt Lauer she wrote the speech.

"Goddamnit,  Donald,  I told you I didn't want to be a part of all this bullshit and now look what you've done to me".  lol

2seaoat

The woman told Matt Lauer that she wrote most of it, and all I have seen all last night and this morning is that she was an innocent victim........NOPE.....she cheated and copied, and why is everybody defending this woman for such a low point in American political history.

The entire Trump clan and their collective silver spoons have no connection to the average American than well crafted propaganda and lies. Why is this speech anything other than what should be expected.

dumpcare

The entire Trump clan and their collective silver spoons have no connection to the average American than well crafted propaganda and lies. Why is this speech anything other than what should be expected.

That's what I don't get if they have no connection to the average person why is the average person going to vote for them? Simply because he's politically incorrect? Hell I have a couple of friends with PHD's and one is a medical doctor that absolutely love him. True this doc I just mentioned grew up with a silver spoon....but.

To vote for someone just because you want to be loyal to your party is simply idiotic. If I was going to vote for the lesser of two evils it would not be Trump. If Gary Johnson should get enough votes this time at age 63 he would ripe for a 2020 election. But I doubt that will happen so on to Hillary? Maybe.

RealLindaL

There's no evidence whatsoever that Melania herself "cheated and copied."  Personally, because of its articulateness (seemingly above her previously demonstrated grasp of the English language), I think it's far more likely that someone else wrote all or part of her speech for her, possibly first asking what she'd like to say, but then fleshing it out in his/her own words (and, obviously, in those of a previous "winner," Michelle Obama).  

We don't know who knew what, but someone very obviously plagiarized.  And that only fits in just fine with the Trump ethic (or, rather, complete lack of same), does it not?   I mean, why shouldn't plagiarism be part of the bag of Trumpster tricks??  It's true to the brand.

It's also true to the ignorance and stupidity of Trump and company, that anyone could think they could get away with such a blatant act and no one would notice.  How dumb can you get, with a speech on the national stage??

In any event, sadly, this incident will fade fast and, like everything else to the negative, won't likely hurt Trump one bit with his particular brand of followers.

Sal

Sal

RealLindaL wrote:There's no evidence whatsoever that Melania herself "cheated and copied."  Personally, because of its articulateness (seemingly above her previously demonstrated grasp of the English language), I think it's far more likely that someone else wrote all or part of her speech for her, possibly first asking what she'd like to say, but then fleshing it out in his/her own words (and, obviously, in those of a previous "winner," Michelle Obama).  

We don't know who knew what, but someone very obviously plagiarized.

This is what she told Matt Lauer prior to delivering the speech ...

“I read once over it, that’s all, because I wrote it … with (as) little help as possible.”

She doesn't get a pass.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

I didn't watch her speech live last night but saw clips this morning of Michelle's speech from '08 and then the exact same words (for the most part) spoken by Melania last night.

At the very least this shows just how incompetent the Trump team is. They can't even find a speech writer capable of coming up with original thoughts. I wouldn't blame Melania since I imagine she trusted her husband and his crack team to be able to handle this sort of thing.

So far the convention has been a train wreck.

If she claims she wrote it then she's delusional too.

RealLindaL

Salinsky wrote:This is what she told Matt Lauer prior to delivering the speech ...

“I read once over it, that’s all, because I wrote it … with (as) little help as possible.”

She doesn't get a pass.

Perhaps the operative phrase was, "..with (as) little help as possible" -- since, after all, that could be any subjective assistance value.

And with the way women take a back seat with Trump, who knows who really was in control?

But so, then, we arrive at a judgment choice:  prevaricator or plagiarizer?  Or both?  

Wonderful.

In any case, my previous opinion stands:  I don't think this will make a rat's patoot's difference in the minds of Trump supporters.

Sal

Sal

"He [Donald Trump] is intensely loyal ... he will never let you down."
- Donald Trump's third wife

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

othershoe1030 wrote:I didn't watch her speech live last night but saw clips this morning of Michelle's speech from '08 and then the exact same words (for the most part) spoken by Melania last night.

You can see Melania (2016) and Michelle (2008) superimposed side-by-side in this video:

I wonder how poster Markle will propagandize this faux pas?

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

The campaign has now contradicted Melanie (saying she wrote the speech) and is admitting that it was written by a "team of writers".
And it's being reported that the top aide for Trump's campaign manager was responsible for vetting the speech.

Here's the irony of it.  How many times did we hear Trump say "you're fired" on that stupid tv show.  And now Trump and his campaign manager both are refusing to fire anyone.
Trump is a total fraud in everything he says or does or is.

Sal

Sal

I'll bet Melania will give her husband hell after they gave her a plagiarized speech Melania-poor-black-child

Telstar

Telstar

Salinsky wrote:"He [Donald Trump] is intensely loyal ... he will never let you down."
- Donald Trump's third wife

Yeah I noticed the Rick Astley rip but just laughed. I wondered why she didn't just say that if Donald does lose she will have an achy breaky heart. It won't mean anything to Trump supporters but it will follow Melania around like a stinky puppy dog for the rest of her life. I wonder who the rest of the Trump clan will rip off.

Markle

Markle

Melania was done a disservice by whoever. She delivered an impassioned and powerful speech.

Hopefully, Donald Trump said to someone..."You're Fired". There should be someone whose sole responsibility is to protect Melania from screw ups.

Strange the Progressives did NOT attack Lame Duck President Obama for HIS plagiarism. But, that is not unusual and totally expected.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

So, you're saying that Melania needs a chaperone...probably true.  So does her husband...someone like this:

I'll bet Melania will give her husband hell after they gave her a plagiarized speech 6402154_orig

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Markle wrote:Lame Duck President Obama for HIS plagiarism

And here we have, once again, Lame Dork poster Markle referring to President Obama as a "lame duck." Markle does not even KNOW what the term "lame duck" actually means!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lame_duck_(politics)

Please read the above link and tell us if you are correctly referring to President Obama as a "lame duck" at the current time!

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Telstar

Telstar

Floridatexan wrote:So, you're saying that Melania needs a chaperone...probably true.  So does her husband...someone like this:

I'll bet Melania will give her husband hell after they gave her a plagiarized speech 6402154_orig

LOL

2seaoat

My money is still on her lifting the speech.........but I love the campaign falling all over their swords.

Markle

Markle

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
Markle wrote:Lame Duck President Obama for HIS plagiarism

And here we have, once again, Lame Dork poster Markle referring to President Obama as a "lame duck." Markle does not even KNOW what the term "lame duck" actually means!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lame_duck_(politics)

Please read the above link and tell us if you are correctly referring to President Obama as a "lame duck" at the current time!

I do NOT refer to President Obama as a lame duck.

I respectfully refer to him as Lame Duck President Obama or Lame Duck President Barack Hussein Obama.

Unlike the Progressives here, who have nothing more than to refer to past Republican presidents with slurred names and disrespect.  I have never referred to President Obama in such a manner.

Try it sometime, it might make your posts more respectable.

Markle

Markle

Telstar wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:So, you're saying that Melania needs a chaperone...probably true.  So does her husband...someone like this:

LOL

How many assistants or keepers work for Lame Duck First Lady Michelle Obama.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Markle wrote:

I dunno, but now the Trump campaign is saying Melania Trump really admires Michelle Obama and that's how the plagiarism happened. Except of course for the campaign manager who's still denying there was any plagiarism. lol

Markle

Markle

Bob wrote:
Markle wrote:

I dunno,  but now the Trump campaign is saying Melania Trump really admires Michelle Obama and that's how the plagiarism happened.  Except of course for the campaign manager who's still denying there was any plagiarism.  lol  

It was handled terribly. This comes from not having enough people. For the campaign, they need a rapid response team to handle incidents like this and any others.

Trivial issue, just working out the kinks.

2seaoat

Trivial issue, just working out the kinks.

Like stating that Nato response will depend if we have collected dues from Nato nations........Mr. Putin please invade.......let my kids open a golf course outside Moscow.......huuuuuuugggggggeeeeee.

A trivial issue....like doing dental work on the kinks......

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum