Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Coup attempt in Turkey as reported by Fox

+4
ZVUGKTUBM
Hospital Bob
Floridatexan
2seaoat
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

This is very serious.

2seaoat

Fox has reported a blonde riding on one of three dragons who are breathing fire and encircling the Presidential Palace have been reported. Fair and balanced.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

2seaoat wrote:Fox has reported a blonde riding on one of three dragons who are breathing fire and encircling the Presidential Palace have been reported.  Fair and balanced.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2016/jul/15/turkey-coup-attempt-military-gunfire-ankara

2seaoat

So we want Hillary Clinton or Donald Trump to deal with American foreign relations........Turkey.....let me tell you about this great golf course.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Some background on Istanbul. It's the 8th largest city in the world and is even more populous than Tokyo.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cities_proper_by_population

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Poster Markle will blame the coup in Turkey on President Obama in 2....3.....1.....

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Sal

Sal

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:Poster Markle will blame the coup in Turkey on President Obama in 2....3.....1.....

Might have a point for once.

The military is certainly more secular and moderate than Erdagon.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

How the hell is this Obama's fault? Erdogan has not been a popular leader, and has been advancing toward dictatorship. Sal is right about the military being a watchdog on his administration. But please explain how Obama is to blame for Erdogan's hard right turn.

Sal

Sal

CIA ...

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Now here's a strange thing for sure...I was watching the events in Turkey on MSNBC, I think during the 8:00 hour. They were airing a live address by the Turkish president. We were naturally hearing the translator's voice. Now here's the odd part, at two different times about 6-10 minutes apart he is saying the word Pennsylvania: Turkey can not be run from Pennsylvania and another mention of Pennsylvania later I can't remember the context. Do you think he meant Pennsylvania Avenue? Is he implying the CIA or DC had something to do with this attempted coup? I mean don't we have quite enough going on?

knothead

knothead

othershoe1030 wrote:Now here's a strange thing for sure...I was watching the events in Turkey on MSNBC, I think during the 8:00 hour. They were airing a live address by the Turkish president. We were naturally hearing the translator's voice. Now here's the odd part, at two different times about 6-10 minutes apart he is saying the word Pennsylvania: Turkey can not be run from Pennsylvania and another mention of Pennsylvania later I can't remember the context. Do you think he meant Pennsylvania Avenue? Is he implying the CIA or DC had something to do with this attempted coup? I mean don't we have quite enough going on?

I also noticed the reference to Pennsylvania and wondered the same although the pundits did not pick up on it evidently.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

knothead wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:Now here's a strange thing for sure...I was watching the events in Turkey on MSNBC, I think during the 8:00 hour. They were airing a live address by the Turkish president. We were naturally hearing the translator's voice. Now here's the odd part, at two different times about 6-10 minutes apart he is saying the word Pennsylvania: Turkey can not be run from Pennsylvania and another mention of Pennsylvania later I can't remember the context. Do you think he meant Pennsylvania Avenue? Is he implying the CIA or DC had something to do with this attempted coup? I mean don't we have quite enough going on?

I also noticed the reference to Pennsylvania and wondered the same although the pundits did not pick up on it evidently.

AAH-ha, they just referenced this Pennsylvania comment. Seems there is some Islamic Cleric in exile living in Pennsylvania and he was talking about him, not our government, whew. Glad they cleared that up.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

http://www.cfr.org/turkey/turkish-president-erdogan-isis-regional-security/p33488

This CFR speech references an organization in Pennsylvania that he claims is running the country from afar.

dumpcare

Floridatexan wrote:
How the hell is this Obama's fault?  Erdogan has not been a popular leader, and has been advancing toward dictatorship.  Sal is right about the military being a watchdog on his administration.  But please explain how Obama is to blame for Erdogan's hard right turn.

It could very well have been besides the cleric in PA. Erdogan has been allowing ISIS to operate in Turkey is as we say here far right as far as a Muslim, whereas the Generals want more of a democratic society and are not hard line muslims.

ppaca wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
How the hell is this Obama's fault?  Erdogan has not been a popular leader, and has been advancing toward dictatorship.  Sal is right about the military being a watchdog on his administration.  But please explain how Obama is to blame for Erdogan's hard right turn.

It could very well have been besides the cleric in PA. Erdogan has been allowing ISIS to operate in Turkey is as we say here far right as far as a Muslim, whereas the Generals want more of a democratic society and are not hard line muslims.

Similar to egypt... and in theory pakistan. If these autocrats start falling it could easily domino. I don't think it was wise for obama to be calling for toppling leaders like he did during the arab spring. It was amatuerish and dangerous.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

PkrBum wrote:
ppaca wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

Similar to egypt... and in theory pakistan. If these autocrats start falling it could easily domino. I don't think it was wise for obama to be calling for toppling leaders like he did during the arab spring. It was amatuerish and dangerous.

So what does that make Bush's invasion of Iraq?

Floridatexan wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
ppaca wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

So what does that make Bush's invasion of Iraq?

Stupid. He talked a good game (similar to obama "bridge the gap") campaigning in 2000... but he was easily manipulated. There's no legitimate reason for us to be intervening over there. No potus can apparently resist the mic.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

PkrBum wrote:

Stupid. He talked a good game (similar to obama "bridge the gap") campaigning in 2000... but he was easily manipulated. There's no legitimate reason for us to be intervening over there. No potus can apparently resist the mic.

I agree except for the part about Bush "talking a good game". Talking was not Bush's strong suit. lol

But of course we need to have a strong defense of the homeland and stay out of these middle east civil wars. That's what helped lead to the advent of ISIS.

Bob wrote:
PkrBum wrote:

I agree except for the part about Bush "talking a good game". Talking was not Bush's strong suit. lol

But of course we need to have a strong defense of the homeland and stay out of these middle east civil wars. That's what helped lead to the advent of ISIS.

He campaigned the first time on limited govt... blah blah blah. It was obvious by 2002 to be total bs.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

PkrBum wrote:
Bob wrote:
PkrBum wrote:

I agree except for the part about Bush "talking a good game".  Talking was not Bush's strong suit.  lol

But of course we need to have a strong defense of the homeland and stay out of these middle east civil wars.  That's what helped lead to the advent of ISIS.

He campaigned the first time on limited govt... blah blah blah. It was obvious by 2002 to be total bs.

It was obvious in 2000, if you were paying attention. It was also obvious that Fox News was pushing a right-wing agenda. If you hadn't figured it out during the Florida recount or after the SCOTUS decided the election...maybe you don't remember how Bush's approval ratings were tanking in the early months...for me, 9/11/01 put everything into focus. The trepidation I had felt at the thought of a Bush presidency was confirmed. Don't blame Cheney for Bush's behavior...look at Bush's family history.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum