Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

China gets their first aircraft carrier

+4
TEOTWAWKI
Hospital Bob
knothead
NaNook
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

http://gcaptain.com/chinese-navy-receives-aircraft/

They can now take their fighters and bombers anywhere they want.

NaNook

NaNook

Did they name it after Obama?

knothead

knothead

Isn't that the one they purchased from Russia?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

NaNook wrote:Did they name it after Obama?
Nah, obama is a muslim and the commies don't cotton to muslims.

johndough wrote:http://gcaptain.com/chinese-navy-receives-aircraft/

Scary:

"The carrier will enhance China’s warfighting and defense capabilities and “promote international peace and common development,” China’s Defense Ministry said in a statement on its website today." (emphasis mine)

Yikes.

"Promote international peace" my sweet ass.

Looks like they forgot something.... Ummmm, planes?

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Yomama wrote:Looks like they forgot something.... Ummmm, planes?

No dummy those are stealth planes...sheesh.

China gets their first aircraft carrier Th?id=I.4750964692026153&pid=1

All the more reason to cancel diplomatic relations with Egypt, Libya, and a few other ME countries along with cutting our funding to the United Nations.

Let some of these up and coming countries that have wealth deal with the problems and give more support to the United Nations.

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09l_zXCQpik

Smile

They are a LONG way from being able to conduct true carrier aviation operations. This platform is a test bed for designing their own carriers and carrier capable aircraft. It's going to be a huge money pit and pilot killer for them for quite some time.

2seaoat

They are a LONG way from being able to conduct true carrier aviation operations. This platform is a test bed for designing their own carriers and carrier capable aircraft. It's going to be a huge money pit and pilot killer for them for quite some time.

exactly. The next 30 years you will see a transition where the Chinese economy will become the world's largest economy, and military strength is tied to economies, but to fear that the Chinese are going to become this huge offensive power base ignores history, or the time it will take to create such a force. We will rather be living in a world of new delivery systems of weapons which do not have their basis in a 1940s concept of a carrier grouping, and we will see much more flexible delivery systems.....the age of the drone is upon us.

They have barely mastered moving it away from the pier. They are a decade away from actually being able to use this as a projection of power. That is the minimum time it takes to make a nation proficient at the use of air power from the sea. Having all the stealing of the tech is one thing, actually using this where man has to make the right decisions at the right time to take off and LAND (especially) is the real trick. We will never be privvy to the multiple times one of their aviators slams into the rear of this vessel because the glide slope they were on is all wrong.

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

The problem with chinese aircraft carriers is after they launch their planes, an hour later they need to launch planes again.

ghandi wrote:The problem with chinese aircraft carriers is after they launch their planes, an hour later they need to launch planes again.
Now that is funny LOL Good Job Perfect...
lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

Slicef18

Slicef18

riceme wrote:

Scary:

"The carrier will enhance China’s warfighting and defense capabilities and “promote international peace and common development,” China’s Defense Ministry said in a statement on its website today." (emphasis mine)

Yikes.

"Promote international peace" my sweet ass.

This has been in the works for years and with America's blessing. America's military leaders have for known years America cannot continue to be the international hall monitor alone. The long standing business relationship between China and America, plus China's strong financial position makes China an obvious partner in overseeing world disputes between nations. China today is nothing like the China of the past.

Slicef18 wrote:

This has been in the works for years and with America's blessing. America's military leaders have for known years America cannot continue to be the international hall monitor alone. The long standing business relationship between China and America, plus China's strong financial position makes China an obvious partner in overseeing world disputes between nations. China today is nothing like the China of the past.

I agree that we cannot continue to the the international hall monitor by ourselves, but China wouldn't have been my first choice for a partner. You are much more forgiving than I am, Slice.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

riceme wrote:
Slicef18 wrote:

I agree that we cannot continue to the the international hall monitor by ourselves, but China wouldn't have been my first choice for a partner. You are much more forgiving than I am, Slice.
Yeah i agreee...

looks like the new world order will be MoGu gai Pan

Slicef18

Slicef18

riceme wrote:
Slicef18 wrote:

It's not about forgiveness. It's about which nation is best to take on that roll. Our relationship with Russia is too adversarial. No other nation has the capacity to assume such a roll.

Slicef18 wrote:
It's not about forgiveness. It's about which nation is best to take on that roll. Our relationship with Russia is too adversarial. No other nation has the capacity to assume such a roll.

Good points, and you're right. I guess it just makes me altogether too uncomfortable.

I have dealt with Chinese suppliers for many years, and cannot say that any of my experiences have been positive. The first and most important reason for that is that none of them were honest with me not only by withholding the truth, but by outright lying to me.

I try, but it's difficult for me to not generalize when for example, my dealings with Danes has never been anything but easy... They are honest, they build the best quality product I have ever imported, and they're very open.

Plus, Danish food is much better than Chinese Smile

riceme wrote:
Slicef18 wrote:

China is only going to do what is best for China, anything else is smoke and mirrors.

Slicef18

Slicef18

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
riceme wrote:
Slicef18 wrote:

Yeah i agreee...

"MoGu gai Pan?"

I've often wondered how that was spelled. I learned something today. Thanks.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Slicef18 wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:
riceme wrote:
Slicef18 wrote:

Yeah i agreee...

You know that's not right here let me google...I don't want you living in ignorance...... http://chinesefood.about.com/od/poultryreceo/r/moogoogaipan.htm

"MoGu gai Pan?"

I've often wondered how that was spelled. I learned something today. Thanks.

Slicef18

Slicef18

nochain wrote:
riceme wrote:
Slicef18 wrote:

China is only going to do what is best for China, anything else is smoke and mirrors.

True, just as America is doing what's best for America.
Fact is a stable global economy is what's best for China and it's economy.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Slicef18 wrote:
nochain wrote:
riceme wrote:
Slicef18 wrote:

Actually America is doing what is best for the Global economy...that's why we have no manufacturing to amount to anything... The Government itself is doing what's best for the government and it's Siamese twins the corporations...The American people have been reduced to Guinea pigs and serfs.

True, just as America is doing what's best for America.

Slicef18 wrote:

No. Providing a wage that allows their own factory workers to purchase the products that they make would be best for Chinia's economy and the world economy also.

Along with humane working conditions in their factories, establishment of child labor laws, mandatory education for their children, etc...

Wait!!!!!..... I think they were supposed to implement a lot of that when the free trade acts were signed. Now we're in the midst of this centuries Great Depression and will continue to be in it so long as the factories keep closing because not enough people are purchasing that factories product. Which is one of the reasons the last Great Depression happened. You can't sell something to the people that work for you if you don't pay them enough and those that did have a job here in the USA prior to the factory being moved to China or where ever probably can't afford to buy the product either if they still don't have a job.

Saw it coming when the free trade acts were signed. I spent quarter studying the Great Depression many years ago and have been interested in that time period ever since.

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQzUCO7rG0M

Smile

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Damaged Eagle wrote:
Slicef18 wrote:

No. Providing a wage that allows their own factory workers to purchase the products that they make would be best for Chinia's economy and the world economy also.

Along with humane working conditions in their factories, establishment of child labor laws, mandatory education for their children, etc...

Wait!!!!!..... I think they were supposed to implement a lot of that when the free trade acts were signed. Now we're in the midst of this centuries Great Depression and will continue to be in it so long as the factories keep closing because not enough people are purchasing that factories product. Which is one of the reasons the last Great Depression happened. You can't sell something to the people that work for you if you don't pay them enough and those that did have a job here in the USA prior to the factory being moved to China or where ever probably can't afford to buy the product either if they still don't have a job.

Saw it coming when the free trade acts were signed. I spent quarter studying the Great Depression many years ago and have been interested in that time period ever since.

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQzUCO7rG0M

Smile

The age of enlightenment again ? Seems really like 3rd grade math huh ?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum