Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Russian Track and Field athletes are banned from olympics.

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

RealLindaL

Hallmarkgard wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:
Hallmarkgard wrote:I feel the same way about cycling.  Once my feet hit the peals I am a different person  I love to ride.  Not always fast, slow easy works just as well..

I love cycling, too.  Took a bad fall Friday (not the first nor likely the last time), but I'll be back in the saddle soon.  

I admire runners but it was never my thing, as it always made me feel as if my brains were sloshing around in my skull.  Silly, I know, but there you are.  Just not for me.

Be sure to check the air in your tires.  Seat hight is very important(even for a beach cruiser)

Check out a few You Tube videos on fitting your bike.  Sometimes small simple adjustments will really help the way you ride..

Thanks for the tips.  We do check air regularly.  I recently bought a bike (NOT a beach cruiser, never had one) sized just for my short self (small frame), and the seat height also is just right after initial adjustment. The only reason I fell is because I did something totally stupid, being too lazy to stop and dismount when my husband slowed ahead of me to a near stop at an intersection.  Was trying to keep the bike going veeerrry slowly, but doing so while also turning toward the crossing and then pedaling.  Can't be done, and I've made that mistake before.  As I said, STUPID, and I knew it.   My scrapes and bruises will heal, but I screwed up some stuff on my brand new bike and feel worse about that than I do about me.  I do have a deep-ish knee scrape or two and a bad bruise w/swelling at the top of my thigh, and with my old bones feel fortunate I didn't fracture a hip.  At least I presume I didn't, as I'm still walking with no pain, and was able to bike home on Friday.

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum