Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Russian Track and Field athletes are banned from olympics.

5 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

2seaoat

What a tragedy for the individual athletes who were clean. I hope they can allow some path for those folks who were not assisted by the state to cheat. Destruction of young people's dreams is a cruel response to state sponsored cheating.

Sal

Sal

Russian Track and Field athletes are banned from olympics. 41CN5bllKoL._SL500_

Lol... awesome picture... LOL. Fuck cheaters... even if they didn't juice they knew their country was cheating.

Sal

Sal

They may end up being just as glad they didn't go.

It is beginning to look like Brazil was an extremely poor choice, and a perfect shit storm is brewing down there.

2seaoat

There are athletes who have been training in other countries who were whistleblowers and they are going to be punished also. I guess innocents may have to be sacrificed on the alter of those who have not had performance drugs in their programs......but then who could be the judge. All I am suggesting is a process where innocent gifted athletes can be reviewed and allowed to participate.

2seaoat

Houston is the only American city now screening blood for the Zika virus.....to say a chit storm is coming is an understatement.

Sal

Sal

Zika is just one element of what's going on down there.

I've posted articles in the olympics thread... it's likely to be an epic fail.

2seaoat

Brazil has a larger GDP than Russia, and many thought that it was time for a Latin American Country with Mexico being almost fifty years ago, but Chicago lost out to Brazil. If they brought it to Chicago, it would have been financial ruin for the City which is seriously thinking of not opening the public schools this fall because of state budget issues. There should probably be six cities which rotate the games and can provide safe venues without the obscene spending these games require.

RealLindaL

PkrBum wrote:Lol... awesome picture... LOL. Fuck cheaters... even if they didn't juice they knew their country was cheating.

Agreed. And even if by some outside chance a total innocent or two is taken down by this move, it's precisely the kind of strong response that absolutely needs to happen every time this kind of thing is discovered, and I mean every single time - until such punishment becomes a true deterrent in all sports.

Hallmarkgard

Drugs should be legal. Let the folks us all the drugs they can. Let's see a REAL show Golfers than hit a 500 yard 3 wood, runners doing a 3 min mile. It will be great. I am serious.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Hallmarkgard wrote:Drugs should be legal.  Let the folks us all the drugs they can. Let's see a REAL show    Golfers than hit a 500 yard 3 wood,  runners doing a 3 min mile.  It will be great.  I am serious.  

You cannot be serious. Do you have any idea of the long term damage steroids can do to a person? No way our athletes or any other country's should be exposed or coerced into using "performance-enhancing" drugs.

Hallmarkgard

People want to see a show. Give it to them. Boxers their brains scrambled, goofball player put up with all kinds of Injuries. We are obsessed with sports. Let's see some real freaks.

RealLindaL

Hallmarkgard wrote:People want to see a show.  Give it to them.  Boxers their brains scrambled, goofball player put up with all kinds of Injuries.   We are obsessed with sports.  Let's see some real freaks.  

OK you're definitely being facetious here.

Er...aren't you??

2seaoat

OK you're definitely being facetious here.

Nope, but he does like golf just a wee bit. T had no use for sports either. I love field and track.....just the beauty of the human body running and jumping.....the rest of it I kinda agree.......swimming, basketball, diving, gymnastics, weight lifting, boxing.....I just love track and field in the olympics and can watch the others without the context of the Olympics.......Since ancient Greece we have measured running and jumping and the Olympics are that index.

Sports are one of the very few areas where I turn into a full blown progressive. The history and results are important to me. I don't want a measure of which govt or individual can cheat best... I want to see an honest contest.

2seaoat

Progressives follow sports......interesting theory.

Meaning... I want a fully endowed authority to implement any means necessary to ensure fair play. I can't stand cheaters.

Hallmarkgard

PkrBum wrote:Meaning... I want a fully endowed authority to implement any means necessary to ensure fair play. I can't stand cheaters.

It is very hard to do.  Sports folks always seem to be one step ahead of the rules.  Look at Lance Armstrong and amount of effort he used to cheat and he did it for many years.

RealLindaL

Doesn't mean we should stop trying as hard as we can to achieve fair play; I'm with Pkr.  
And as far as I'm concerned, cheaters and liars are in the same basket.  Can't stand any of them...or bigots, either, while we're at it.  
I'm so perfect.   Ha.

Hallmarkgard

2seaoat

I would give anything to be able to run again......that child like glee of the freedom of the wind blowing on your face as you push your body to new limits.....I think of my dog I had to put down last summer she was 15. She was a malmute lab mix who just had running in her blood. She was full of tumors and barely hanging on but that last walk/run on the islands was precious. From the smallest child testing a run in the lawn to the peak of our strength in our youth, there is something about the purity of track which transcends sport.....it is instinctual.

Hallmarkgard

I feel the same way about cycling. Once my feet hit the peals I am a different person I love to ride. Not always fast, slow easy works just as well..

RealLindaL

Hallmarkgard wrote:I feel the same way about cycling.  Once my feet hit the peals I am a different person  I love to ride.  Not always fast, slow easy works just as well..

I love cycling, too.  Took a bad fall Friday (not the first nor likely the last time), but I'll be back in the saddle soon.  

I admire runners but it was never my thing, as it always made me feel as if my brains were sloshing around in my skull.  Silly, I know, but there you are.  Just not for me.

Hallmarkgard

RealLindaL wrote:
Hallmarkgard wrote:I feel the same way about cycling.  Once my feet hit the peals I am a different person  I love to ride.  Not always fast, slow easy works just as well..

I love cycling, too.  Took a bad fall Friday (not the first nor likely the last time), but I'll be back in the saddle soon.  

I admire runners but it was never my thing, as it always made me feel as if my brains were sloshing around in my skull.  Silly, I know, but there you are.  Just not for me.

Be sure to check the air in your tires. Seat hight is very important(even for a beach cruiser)

Check out a few You Tube videos on fitting your bike. Sometimes small simple adjustments will really help the way you ride..

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum