Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Watching the Trump foreign policy speech live...

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

boards of FL

boards of FL

He can't read well.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I missed it but I understood this was to be the presidential version of Trump.
How did it differ from the reality tv version of Trump?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

One thing's for sure. Whatever it or he was, it's sure to dominate the broadcast and cable news cycle and what's-their-names (I can no longer remember the other two's names) are not. lol

boards of FL

boards of FL

Bob wrote:I missed it but I understood this was to be the presidential version of Trump.

He tried to read from a teleprompter this time. Imagine him saying everything he normally says but only much slower and without going off on random tangents without finishing a thought, and in a cadence that seemed to indicate he isn't that good at reading on the fly.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

boards of FL wrote:
Bob wrote:I missed it but I understood this was to be the presidential version of Trump.

He tried to read from a teleprompter this time.  Imagine him saying everything he normally says but only much slower and without going off on random tangents without finishing a thought, and in a cadence that seemed to indicate he isn't that good at reading on the fly.  

After I got back from lunch I've been seeing clips of it on CNN.
As you said, right away it's obvious that, even though he's spent so much of his life doing public speaking, he's never had any practice with reading pre-written scripts.

But it's the reaction to the content of it that tickles me. The editor of Foreign Policy Magazine was just interviewed on CNN. That dude disagreed with every single point Trump made in the speech. Dismissed most of it as being either wrong-headed or naive. lol

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Trump is clearly pandering in this piece. Just like all politicians do.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

knothead

knothead

I watched the speech . . . . it is more full of holes than Swiss cheese . . . . no specifics and no substance . . . . . I have to admit I am in disbelief that Trump has gotten this far but Mr. Oats warned me to be cautious for what I wish for . . . I think HRC will embarrass him in debates especially regarding foreign policy . . . . .

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum