Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

ID must be shown to vote

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1ID must be shown to vote Empty ID must be shown to vote 4/10/2016, 10:56 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Thought of this several days ago. I was at SHH to have some blood work done. I had my lab slip and insurance cards but I was required to show a photo ID.

When I questioned the ID....with a chuckle....I was told it was to prevent fraud. They have to make sure I am the correct person. Imagine that!

2ID must be shown to vote Empty Re: ID must be shown to vote 4/10/2016, 11:39 am

I've been wondering... do democrats think their constituents are too stupid or too lazy to get an id card?

3ID must be shown to vote Empty Re: ID must be shown to vote 4/10/2016, 11:55 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PkrBum wrote:I've been wondering... do democrats think their constituents are too stupid or too lazy to get an id card?

Considering how many times I have to show ID, I'm wondering how these non ID individuals survive. Goodness....you have to have photo ID to get welfare, medicaid, and obamacare.

4ID must be shown to vote Empty Re: ID must be shown to vote 4/10/2016, 12:08 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

I really do not mind showing an ID card before voting at the polls.

I mostly vote by mail now, and I order the ballot online. I would be pissed if I had to give my left nut to prove to David Stafford that he was mailing a ballot to the real me.

There has to be a simple, non-onerous way to identify voters without suppressing anyone's voting rights.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

5ID must be shown to vote Empty Re: ID must be shown to vote 4/10/2016, 12:24 pm

ID should always be required. Voter fraud does exist

6ID must be shown to vote Empty Re: ID must be shown to vote 4/10/2016, 12:26 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:I really do not mind showing an ID card before voting at the polls.

I mostly vote by mail now, and I order the ballot online. I would be pissed if I had to give my left nut to prove to David Stafford that he was mailing a ballot to the real me.

There has to be a simple, non-onerous way to identify voters without suppressing anyone's voting rights.

Are their rights in society being suppressed by showing a photo ID for so many other reasons? Sounds like Democrat BS.

Last edited by Joanimaroni on 4/10/2016, 12:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

7ID must be shown to vote Empty Re: ID must be shown to vote 4/10/2016, 12:40 pm

What specifically is onerous? The states that require photo id are by legal precedent required to provide free id.

8ID must be shown to vote Empty Re: ID must be shown to vote 4/10/2016, 1:00 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

It would bother me if I had to show-up at David Stafford's office in person to order an absentee ballot so I could vote by mail. That sort of defeats the purpose of voting absentee, does it not?

There has to be a simple way for someone to order an absentee ballot through David Stafford's website that provides a measure of assurance that I am the real me, without making it too hard to get the ballot. The latter can be used by any party as a means of vote suppression.

Think of the military person deployed overseas who wants to vote in our local, statewide, and national election. He or she should be able to get an absentee ballot without to put too much effort into it. The same standard should apply to any civilian as well.

What that simple way for identifying absentee voters is, I am not sure of, but there needs to be a way.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

9ID must be shown to vote Empty Re: ID must be shown to vote 4/10/2016, 2:05 pm

Markle

Markle

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:I really do not mind showing an ID card before voting at the polls.

How does showing a photo ID suppress anyone's voting ability?

10ID must be shown to vote Empty Re: ID must be shown to vote 4/10/2016, 2:16 pm

Markle

Markle

[quote="ZVUGKTUBM"]It would bother me if I had to show-up at David Stafford's office in person to order an absentee ballot so I could vote by mail. That sort of defeats the purpose of voting absentee, does it not?

There has to be a simple way for someone to order an absentee ballot through David Stafford's website that provides a measure of assurance that I am the real me, without making it too hard to get the ballot. The latter can be used by any party as a means of vote suppression.

Think of the military person deployed overseas who wants to vote in our local, statewide, and national election. He or she should be able to get an absentee ballot without to put too much effort into it. The same standard should apply to any civilian as well.

What that simple way for identifying absentee voters is, I am not sure of, but there needs to be a way.[/quote

I can't recall for certain, I voted early rather casting my absentee ballot but I believe when you return the ballot you print your name on the envelope and then sign the envelope. Your name is then checked off on the registration rolls. Then the ballot is opened and separated from the envelope.

11ID must be shown to vote Empty Re: ID must be shown to vote 4/10/2016, 10:55 pm

2seaoat

The same logic of literacy tests and poll taxes where folks argued what is wrong with having a person be able to read to vote, or pay the tax to show financial responsibility.......all empty words when the intent was to hinder some folks from voting.

There is absolutely no requirement for identification in the constitution.....none....so the folks who are just making stuff up think, what is the big deal.....here is the answer. When a person registers to vote and is issued a valid voter registration, that person should be identified and be on the voter rolls. If there is a problem, it should be handled at the time of registration, and not on election day where an arbitrary decision by a poll worker can deprive a citizen of their right to vote. My big complaint is that if somebody arbitrarily sets up road blocks on election day.....there is no do over, and the voter has been disenfranchised.

12ID must be shown to vote Empty Re: ID must be shown to vote 4/10/2016, 11:25 pm

2seaoat wrote:The same logic of literacy tests and poll taxes where folks argued what is wrong with having a person be able to read to vote, or pay the tax to show financial responsibility.......all empty words when the intent was to hinder some folks from voting.

There is absolutely no requirement for identification in the constitution.....none....so the folks who are just making stuff up think, what is the big deal.....here is the answer.   When a person registers to vote and is issued a valid voter registration, that person should be identified and be on the voter rolls.  If there is a problem, it should be handled at the time of registration, and not on election day where an arbitrary decision by a poll worker can deprive a citizen of their right to vote.  My big complaint is that if somebody arbitrarily sets up road blocks on election day.....there is no do over, and the voter has been disenfranchised.

It's common sense. There's lots of common sense items not mentioned in the Constitution. Democracy can be subverted by faux votes and we know that one party has already made it legal for illegal immigrants to vote in their state (California). Given that state law, all of their votes and electoral college votes should be tossed out in 2016. If you want to spout off about things unconstitutional, have at it as that is an example. It wouldn't cost the government very much money for an ID to be made for each legal citizen. They already do it with SS cards. The idea that it cannot be done it as stupid as those who say we can't lock down the border either. It can be done, but the politicians don't want to do it. Pols on both sides of the aisle count on illegals. Dems count on them for massive amounts of voters and the GOP counts on them as cheap labor. Quit being a goofy arse thinking that it disenfranchises them.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum