Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Obamacare in downward spiral. Conservatives TOLD YOU SO! But did Progressives listen?

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Markle

Markle

Obamacare in downward spiral. Conservatives TOLD YOU SO! But did Progressives listen?

CBO Misses Its Obamacare Projection by 24 Million People
4:34 PM, MAR 28, 2016 | By JEFFREY H. ANDERSON

Three years ago, on the eve of Obamacare’s implementation, the Congressional Budget Office (CBO) projected that President Obama's centerpiece legislation would result in an average of 201 million people having private health insurance in any given month of 2016. Now that 2016 is here, the CBO says that just 177 million people, on average, will have private health insurance in any given month of this year—a shortfall of 24 million people.

Indeed, based on the CBO's own numbers, it seems possible that Obamacare has actually reduced the number of people with private health insurance. In 2013, the CBO projected that, without Obamacare, 186 million people would be covered by private health insurance in 2016—160 million on employer-based plans, 26 million on individually purchased plans. The CBO now says that, with Obamacare, 177 million people will be covered by private health insurance in 2016—155 million on employer-based plans, 12 million on plans bought through Obamacare's government-run exchanges, and 9 million on other individually purchased plans (plus a rounding error of 1 million).

In other words, it would appear that a net 9 million people have lost their private health plans, thanks to Obamacare—with a net 5 million people having lost employer-based plans and a net 4 million people having lost individually purchased plans.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/article/2001732

Ya... but the medicaid and massive subsidy expansion went well. That's why I call it obamacaid... it's more accurate.

2seaoat

Ok stupids....line up and goggle Mr. Markle's propaganda.....what he fails to tell you is that close to 10k people a day are going onto Medicare and leaving private plans.......but I guess stupid is what you are left with in the end with Mr. Markle's silly Koch brother sponsored propaganda. As the biggest bubble of the population retires......certain things systemically happen......they leave their private health policies.....so lets create a propaganda piece that folks leaving private insurance is a failure of the Affordable Care Act.....too stupid to even comment.

dumpcare

http://www.acasignups.net/

http://www.insurance-forums.net/forum/individual-health-insurance-forum/report-status-health-insurers-america-t75547.html

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/03/28/obamacare-may-force-employers-to-pull-plug-on-millions-health-plans-cbo-report-finds.html

Vikingwoman

Farkle just tries to irritate people because he has nothing better to do.

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:Ok stupids....line up and goggle Mr. Markle's propaganda.....what he fails to tell you is that close to 10k people a day are going onto Medicare and leaving private plans.......but I guess stupid is what you are left with in the end with Mr. Markle's silly Koch brother sponsored propaganda.  As the biggest bubble of the population retires......certain things systemically happen......they leave their private health policies.....so lets create a propaganda piece that folks leaving private insurance is a failure of the Affordable Care Act.....too stupid to even comment.

Not my figures, from the independent Office of Management and Budget. Argue with them

When did the Libertarian Koch brothers start paying the OMB? Would you post the site and link please?

Markle

Markle

Vikingwoman wrote:Farkle just tries to irritate people because he has nothing better to do.

PLEASE Vikingwoman, PLEASE show us all where the figures are wrong and your source.

They came from the Independent Office of Management and Budget.

So step up my good friend and show is where the figures are wrong.

2seaoat

Nothing wrong with the figures......it is the interpretation of the figures which is a lie. I leave private insurance in December and go on Medicare. The bulk of babyboomers are leaving private insurance and migrating to Medicare.....this population bubble is going to see a drop in private insurance which the stats show......putting a headline that this is caused by the affordable care act is absurd.......I am willing to see a cogent discussion of the shortcomings of the Affordable Care Act, but that will not change the next ten years of dropping private coverage as the bubble hits medicare.

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:Nothing wrong with the figures......it is the interpretation of the figures which is a lie.   I leave private insurance in December and go on Medicare.   The bulk of babyboomers are leaving private insurance and migrating to Medicare.....this population bubble is going to see a drop in private insurance which the stats show......putting a headline that this is caused by the affordable care act is absurd.......I am willing to see a cogent discussion of the shortcomings of the Affordable Care Act, but that will not change the next ten years of dropping private coverage as the bubble hits medicare.

All that was taken into consideration by the OMB...then AND now. That's what they do, or hadn't you heard?

2seaoat

In other words, it would appear that a net 9 million people have lost their private health plans,

This is the interpretation of fewer people on private health plans by the authors of the article........NOT THE CBO.......people who move to medicare do not lose their private health plans......they simply migrate to medicare......How fricking stupid do you think we are? ten thousand a day......pretty much the answer would you agree.

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:In other words, it would appear that a net 9 million people have lost their private health plans,

This is the interpretation of fewer people on private health plans by the authors of the article........NOT THE CBO.......people who move to medicare do not lose their private health plans......they simply migrate to medicare......How fricking stupid do you think we are?   ten thousand a day......pretty much the answer would you agree.

How many of those 10,000 retiring per day...have private health insurance? NONE had insurance from their employers? NONE had insurance from their government jobs? That's amazing.

2seaoat

By golly you just proved that you did not even read your own link, let alone comprehend the same.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

I wonder what it cost to vote 61 times to repeal the law in Congress and to bring the lawsuits before the courts.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum