Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

I hope Boards will rejoin discussions

+4
knothead
RealLindaL
Markle
2seaoat
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

RealLindaL

PkrBum wrote:I'd prefer them back too... and they will be... unless boards shuts it down from spite.

Which reminds me to ask:  Have any of you thought of having a contingency plan if this forum should be shut down, either purposely or inadvertently, such as due to some error or disaster?  Or maybe you already have a plan or another forum identified where folks could meet up?

I think I've probably told the story of how emotionally invested I was for years in a great group of chat room participants, in the early 2000's.  It wasn't local, and I don't know that any of us had personal info or phone no.'s for any of the other participants, but it was a terrific group and I learned a lot from them.   Anyway, after several years the website that hosted the chat just shut the chat function down with no notice -- boom -- and that was that.  Everyone just disappeared into the ether.   I was surprised at how much of a blow that was, a real loss.   Maybe I need to get a life, or more friends, or something,  but as sea has implied, it's harder at our older ages.....

But I digress   The initial question remains:  What would you guys do/where would you meet up?  I guess some of you are or have been in touch personally, and that's fine for you, but what about the rest of us?  Just wondering tonight.

http://pensacoladaily.forumotion.com/

This is the site where many that were tired of the personal and offensive attacks retreated to. It's moderated by Eric Ericson... who does a fair job and doesn't allow the discourse to devolve into insults and name calling. A friendly group who debate fairly.

I contribute there too... but don't really mind the arguments and banter here. I just give as good as I get.

RealLindaL

PkrBum wrote:http://pensacoladaily.forumotion.com/

This is the site where many that were tired of the personal and offensive attacks retreated to. It's moderated by Eric Ericson... who does a fair job and doesn't allow the discourse to devolve into insults and name calling. A friendly group who debate fairly.

I contribute there too... but don't really mind the arguments and banter here. I just give as good as I get.

That's good to know, Pkr, and I've bookmarked it, but the problem is it's still the same host -- forumotion.  Seems things would be safest with a completely different venue, don't you think?

gatorfan

PkrBum wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
You are missing the point entirely.  Is it an obligation of any member of this forum to offer prayers, etc. for anyone?  Aren't those things supposed to be spontaneous and not just platitudes?  Who exactly are you to decide what's a sin of omission?  Get off your high horse.  

He's a narcissist... and couldn't give less a shit about you or anyone else here... people that have been interacting for more than ten years. I know I give you grief and irritate you... but I assure you that I know you are a good person and care about your wellbeing. Bob has told us how personable and nice you are... and I have no doubt. That's humanity... that's natural (or should be) after all these years... and we've had many nice conversations... although they aren't as fun... lol. There's no one here that I hate or would kick out of our group... not even boards even though I know he would not extend that same courtesy to me. He is an immature mean spirited ideological thug with no tolerance for another's experiences or opinions. It's as if he's just faking a connection to humanity.... badly.

BoF is truly an unqualified narcissist who, like any schoolyard bully-child picks his ball up and runs home when confronted. I had to laugh at the several who think he is some witty, intellectual deep thinker. Apparently they missed his many infantile posts where his favorite line is "you have nothing of substance to add to this thread" when it's clear he couldn't comprehend the entire thread and simply cherry picked the parts he wanted to construct into some bogus hypothesis unrelated to the substance of the thread. The funniest part of his childish antics was the use of admin access to scour past threads to "prove" some mysterious point he thought he was making. The boy-child had too much time on his hands. Childish.

No, BoF is just a little boy hiding behind his former title, the capstone of his otherwise useless life.

RealLindaL

gatorfan wrote:No, BoF is just a little boy hiding behind his former title, the capstone of his otherwise useless life.

What former title?

In any event, you guys keep talking like that and he will shut down this forum for sure.   That would be a sad day, I think, at least for some of us.  It's just plain destructive, and to what end?  What does that accomplish?

knothead

knothead

RealLindaL wrote:
gatorfan wrote:No, BoF is just a little boy hiding behind his former title, the capstone of his otherwise useless life.

What former title?

In any event, you guys keep talking like that and he will shut down this forum for sure.   That would be a sad day, I think, at least for some of us.  It's just plain destructive, and to what end?  What does that accomplish?

Guess I will never understand why people take cheap shots and don't give it a thought . . . . we live in a different time from days gone by . . . .

gatorfan

knothead wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:

What former title?

Guess I will never understand why people take cheap shots and don't give it a thought . . . . we live in a different time from days gone by . . . .

Cheap shots was BoFs forte - unless you always agreed with him. If you think objectively about it there really isn't that much to this forum for obvious reasons. Back and forth between 1/2 dozen people is not much. As WS would say - REALITY.

Vikingwoman

RealLindaL wrote:
PkrBum wrote:http://pensacoladaily.forumotion.com/

That's good to know, Pkr, and I've bookmarked it, but the problem is it's still the same host -- forumotion.  Seems things would be safest with a completely different venue, don't you think?

If you don't mind waiting days to see any response and then it's usually just one person or Eric who answers. A really boring forum where Eric is a sucky moderator who gets offended if you say anything about Catholics. Even if you used to be one.

knothead

knothead

gatorfan wrote:
knothead wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:

What former title?

Cheap shots was BoFs forte - unless you always agreed with him. If you think objectively about it there really isn't that much to this forum for obvious reasons. Back and forth between 1/2 dozen people is not much. As WS would say - REALITY.

the capstone of his otherwise useless life.

I did not always agree with the moderator but you cannot take away his understanding of statistics and/or economics . . . . . you may not agree with his interpretations politically but honestly you dropped the ball making the above statement . . . . a true cheap shot so own it!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum