Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

I hope Boards will rejoin discussions

+4
knothead
RealLindaL
Markle
2seaoat
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

2seaoat

I understand people need to take a break from this. I also realize how disrespectful Mr. Markle has been in being non responsive posts to Boards diligent responses to incorrect information, but we have lost a source of good information when he does not join us.

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:I understand people need to take a break from this. I also realize how disrespectful Mr. Markle has been in being non responsive posts to Boards diligent responses to incorrect information, but we have lost a source of good information when he does not join us.

As you know, that has not happened.

My guess is that he was humiliated by being overwhelmingly voted down with his permanent banning of myself. I don't see why I never hold anything against most anyone on this site.

I take nothing personal and, frankly it is beyond me why anyone would. It is a tiny, forum where a handful of people throw spitballs at each other. I thought all in good fun.

My guess is that Floridatexan gave his close friend BoardsofFL permission to use his name in posting.

In my opinion, some folks here take this forum way, way too seriously.

Lighten up folks, nothing we say or do here is going to change anyone's mind or make an iota of difference outside this forum.

I hope Boards will rejoin discussions Not20so20serious_zpsrnvommwl

RealLindaL

Sea, I, too, remain hopeful for Boards' eventual return, but he still hasn't even picked up the PM I sent.  I'd say he's at least temporarily (I hope) cut us out of his life completely.  The one thing that bothers me is that he knows you and others are dealing with some very difficult health problems, and he should care enough about that alone to be coming back to check.  I mean, maybe he's reading posts and just ignoring PM's,  but it all makes me wonder.....

As for perspective, similar to Markle's graphic my old favorite is to say to myself or others, "Picture yourself standing on the surface of the Moon looking back at Earth, and realize -- when you can't even see the countries, towns, or houses, much less yourself -- just how small your problems and irritations truly are."

Yep, Markle sure does look minuscule in that view.

knothead

knothead

RealLindaL wrote:Sea, I, too, remain hopeful for Boards' eventual return, but he still hasn't even picked up the PM I sent.  I'd say he's at least temporarily (I hope) cut us out of his life completely.  The one thing that bothers me is that he knows you and others are dealing with some very difficult health problems, and he should care enough about that alone to be coming back to check.  I mean, maybe he's reading posts and just ignoring PM's,  but it all makes me wonder.....

As for perspective, similar to Markle's graphic my old favorite is to say to myself or others, "Picture yourself standing on the surface of the Moon looking back at Earth, and realize -- when you can't even see the countries, towns, or houses, much less yourself -- just how small your problems and irritations truly are."

A very accurate perspective . . . . ty

2seaoat

Mr. Markle......please do not get confused. Most of us care about Boards and my biggest fear is something has happened to him in his personal life. He has NEVER been humiliated on this forum, and if you have not noticed he consistently corrects you to the point that this forum has probably become quite tedious if you will not even give a lucid response. You have run away from him for years, and this whole blow up started around your insistence to try to give the false impression that PP was profiting from tissue when all they did was cover the expenses of tissue collection. It is one thing to have strong political beliefs, but when he tried to enter a rationale discussion of the same, you simply ran away when he presented the facts. If you have not noticed the Supreme Court sent a clear message on LA abortion restrictions.....7-1 that the rights of a woman over her health care decisions is here to stay, and that organizations like PP provide health care options which big government does NOT have the right to interfere within the framework of Roe v Wade.

When a forum becomes lopsided and filled with nonsensical crap from nonsensical sites and pledged as truth, credibility is either lost or found. Boards tried to maintain the credibility of the forum and for that he is to be applauded.

I hope he comes back and counters Markle on every post. But I can see how that is akin to stopping kudzu in the South.

Sal too. He needs to return.

Otherwise it's boring around here. Really boring.

Don't coddle the toddlers.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Markle wrote:
2seaoat wrote:I understand people need to take a break from this.  I also realize how disrespectful Mr. Markle has been in being non responsive posts to Boards diligent responses to incorrect information, but we have lost a source of good information when he does not join us.

As you know, that has not happened.

My guess is that he was humiliated by being overwhelmingly voted down with his permanent banning of myself.  I don't see why I never hold anything against most anyone on this site.

I take nothing personal and, frankly it is beyond me why anyone would.  It is a tiny, forum where a handful of people throw spitballs at each other.  I thought all in good fun.  

My guess is that Floridatexan gave his close friend BoardsofFL permission to use his name in posting.

In my opinion, some folks here take this forum way, way too seriously.

Lighten up folks, nothing we say or do here is going to change anyone's mind or make an iota of difference outside this forum.

I hope Boards will rejoin discussions Not20so20serious_zpsrnvommwl

1) "All in good fun" when you consistently lie?
2) All this time and you don't know I'm a WOMAN?
3) I don't know Boards personally, but I'm old enough to be his mother and I feel protective of him.
4) Boards took the time and effort to create this forum and I cannot believe the disrespect he's been shown by forum members..."No good deed goes unpunished."

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:Mr. Markle......please do not get confused.  Most of us care about Boards and my biggest fear is something has happened to him in his personal life.  He has NEVER been humiliated on this forum, and if you have not noticed he consistently corrects you to the point that this forum has probably become quite tedious if you will not even give a lucid response.  You have run away from him for years, and this whole blow up started around your insistence to try to give the false impression that PP was profiting from tissue when all they did was cover the expenses of tissue collection.  It is one thing to have strong political beliefs, but when he tried to enter a rationale discussion of the same, you simply ran away when he presented the facts.  If you have not noticed the Supreme Court sent a clear message on LA abortion restrictions.....7-1 that the rights of a woman over her health care decisions is here to stay, and that organizations like PP provide health care options which big government does NOT have the right to interfere within the framework of Roe v Wade.

Kindly show us some examples.

I proved that Planned Parenthood was profiting from the sale of infant body parts. As is typical, Progressives work hard to distract from topics painful to them.

RealLindaL

Floridatexan wrote:
1) "All in good fun" when you consistently lie?
2) All this time and you don't know I'm a WOMAN?
3) I don't know Boards personally, but I'm old enough to be his mother and I feel protective of him.  
4) Boards took the time and effort to create this forum and I cannot believe the disrespect he's been shown by forum members..."No good deed goes unpunished."  

cheers cheers cheers

RealLindaL

knothead wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:Sea, I, too, remain hopeful for Boards' eventual return, but he still hasn't even picked up the PM I sent.  I'd say he's at least temporarily (I hope) cut us out of his life completely.  The one thing that bothers me is that he knows you and others are dealing with some very difficult health problems, and he should care enough about that alone to be coming back to check.  I mean, maybe he's reading posts and just ignoring PM's,  but it all makes me wonder.....

A very accurate perspective . . . . ty

Smile  YW!   Glad you agree.

Boards has shown no humanity on this forum. He's shown no one kindness... no caring... no compassion.

He didn't even have a note of sympathy when Teo passed... no condolence to his family or friends... nothing.

What exactly are his butt sniffers missing? Derision? Cut downs? Intolerance? Mockery? Hate? Spite? Revenge?

He needs to grow the fuck up.

RealLindaL

PkrBum wrote:Boards has shown no humanity on this forum. He's shown no one kindness... no caring... no compassion.

He didn't even have a note of sympathy when Teo passed... no condolence to his family or friends... nothing.

Well, I haven't been here long enough to know or have seen that, and I'm very sorry to hear it.

RealLindaL wrote:
PkrBum wrote:Boards has shown no humanity on this forum. He's shown no one kindness... no caring... no compassion.

Well, I haven't been here long enough to know or have seen that, and I'm very sorry to hear it.

To be fair... he did once express concern and then relief.

When his home sustained no damage from the tornado.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

RealLindaL wrote:

You won't see it, either, because it's HOGWASH.

Markle

Markle

PkrBum wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:

To be fair... he did once express concern and then relief.

When his home sustained no damage from the tornado.

That's true. I had forgotten that one.

Floridatexan wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:

You won't see it, either, because it's HOGWASH.

Then it should be simple enough for you to prove false. Right? One simple little kind word upon Teo's passing.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

You are missing the point entirely. Is it an obligation of any member of this forum to offer prayers, etc. for anyone? Aren't those things supposed to be spontaneous and not just platitudes? Who exactly are you to decide what's a sin of omission? Get off your high horse.

Floridatexan wrote:
You are missing the point entirely. Is it an obligation of any member of this forum to offer prayers, etc. for anyone? Aren't those things supposed to be spontaneous and not just platitudes? Who exactly are you to decide what's a sin of omission? Get off your high horse.

He's a narcissist... and couldn't give less a shit about you or anyone else here... people that have been interacting for more than ten years. I know I give you grief and irritate you... but I assure you that I know you are a good person and care about your wellbeing. Bob has told us how personable and nice you are... and I have no doubt. That's humanity... that's natural (or should be) after all these years... and we've had many nice conversations... although they aren't as fun... lol. There's no one here that I hate or would kick out of our group... not even boards even though I know he would not extend that same courtesy to me. He is an immature mean spirited ideological thug with no tolerance for another's experiences or opinions. It's as if he's just faking a connection to humanity.... badly.

2seaoat

I would disagree with PKs assessment of Boards. I think he is highly intelligent and the only thing he is guilty of is impatience with less talented people. Do you want your doctor or lawyer to be a nice guy, or competent. He is precise in his comments and to say his omission of T's death is some kind of fault, I think it is fair it caught all of us off guard and Boards would be a hypocrite if he was offering prayers when he has been clear he does not believe. I know in other situations he has offered concern over members and he has done the same with me over the years. I also must say that at Thirty five I was less than patient with older people, and I personally need input from younger people.....the worse thing in my real life is having so many friends ten years older who are now having health problems and not as many friends ten years younger.....in your forties you meld with folks a few years older.......oh well, it is what it is and I have enjoyed his input, and will miss getting him piszed at me about basketball....and right when my Bulls are down........

2seaoat

I am kind of a hard guy who had to grow up fast at ten when my father died, but I cannot explain how bothered I have been about T's passing. I thought about his grandson's words and I guess I am piszed that I never got to meet him in person. I challenged him and got him angry at me so many times, but never in a mean spirited way, but always hopeful of provoking higher thought. I have to admit that I miss his posts and his kind spirit which despite his off the wall posts never could disguise his heart. I guess I am equally sad that people have judged Boards in such a callous and wrong way.....but heck he only has allowed us to enjoy conversation for years putting up with all kinds of nonsense........I guess looking a gift horse in the mouth is not seen as a problem around here, and a little appreciation for what he done would be nice.

knothead

knothead

Allow me to state the obvious . . . . . we WANT both Boards and Sal to rejoin the forum . . . . . I miss their wit, intellect and wisdom!

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

knothead wrote:Allow me to state the obvious . . . . . we WANT both Boards and Sal to rejoin the forum . . . . . I miss their wit, intellect and wisdom!

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
knothead wrote:Allow me to state the obvious . . . . . we WANT both Boards and Sal to rejoin the forum . . . . . I miss their wit, intellect and wisdom!

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

I'd prefer them back too... and they will be... unless boards shuts it down from spite.

That doesn't change the fact that he didn't get his way and is throwing an average terrible two temper tantrum.

The biggest favor you could do him is call it what it is and refuse to indulge his misbehavior... unlike his parents.

Markle

Markle

I too would like to see them return. It is much like playing chess against several opponents at the same time and I enjoy the raillery. From what I have seen, I cannot imagine why someone would believe they could change someone else's mind on this forum.

Why someone would get their panties in a twist because of someone failing to accept their viewpoint, is childish.

There are several good reasons for banning someone. I've seen one or two posts here that met that level, but nothing happened. Personally, I have never been fazed or angered by all the names and profanities hurled at me. The more the merrier I say. It confirms to me that I have won the debate.

BoardsofFL, you were kind enough to admit you were in a tiny minority wishing to never see me again. If you're ill or incapacitated in any way, let us know. As you know...I take nothing personal and will gladly pray for your recovery and for your loved ones.

Life is short, 2seaoat and a few others of us know that all too well. I always looked forward to seeing when Boards and Sal had replied to any of the threads. I knew it would be fun.

Welcome back, both of you.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum