Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Debate

+7
Wordslinger
RealLindaL
dumpcare
knothead
ZVUGKTUBM
Hospital Bob
2seaoat
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

26Debate - Page 2 Empty Re: Debate 2/26/2016, 3:49 am

RealLindaL

2seaoat wrote:What a joke with the talking heads trying to create the reality of what just happened.   They are making it sound like that Trump got skewered by the punk and the worm.....were they watching the same debate.   Trump showed strength and was dismissive of the two boyz.  Kasich clearly is the best man on that stage and not one talking head is talking about Kasich.

Maybe they aren't talking about Kasich because he's a lost cause.  Sorry, but I'm afraid he doesn't stand a chance -- JMHO.

Look, I watched the debate but not the talking heads.  Based on Sea's comments, though, I'm thinking maybe they actually did see the same debate I did.  And maybe it's because I don't like any of the contenders but least of all Trump -- the super-inflated, pathologically lying narcissist -- that I have to respectfully disagree with you guys about Trump's having won this debate.  Personally I don't know if anyone won,  but if I had to pick somebody it sure wouldn't be Trump.  As usual he didn't say ANYTHING of substance, had NO coherent details whatsoever for his grandiose plans -- only that everything will be beautiful (right).  And he only continued to show his total and complete ignorance of how things really work.  

Just as a for-instance, ppaca is absolutely right; to say as Trump did that he's going to eliminate the individual mandate while still requiring coverage of pre-existing conditions, and claiming that the health insurance companies are making tons of money under Obamacare, is simply ludicrous.  The man doesn't know beans about what he's talking about on almost ANY issue.

And what do you say about someone who is told outright by the powers that be in Mexico that there's no way in heck they're ever going to pay for  his "f-ing" wall, and he just keeps saying they'll pay for it anyway??  Because he says so, they're going to back down?? This man is DELUSIONAL, people!  How in the world can you say he won the debate?  I just do not get it.  

That mystifies me as much as the love affair this nation apparently has for the man -- at least the primary voters so far, though I take some comfort in his national highly unfavorable ratings as delineated by the Telemundo person, if those stats are correct.  I sure hope they are.

Cruz totally turned me off but then he always does.  He's every bit as dangerous as Trump, just in a different way and for different reasons.  He impresses me as a shoot-from-the-hip type, big time, with iron clad, small-minded opinions and an imagined mandate from his lord.  I wonder if he'd ever even listen to his WH advisors about anything whatsoever.  I doubt it, because he already knows it all.  Very perilous person to have his hand on the red phone (or whatever the nuclear trigger is these days)!!

And believe me, there's no love lost between this house and Rubio, either, and we agree that he's likely easily bought by special interests, but if the talking heads gave him at least a few points tonight, I have to agree.   I thought he did better than previously and really stood up to Trump with what were mostly valid comebacks to Trump's attacks, or so it seemed to me.  

Still in all, I doubt Trump's followers will be dissuaded in the least.   They're blinded by the light of his money and power and stardom, somehow thinking, even if subconsciously, that he can make everybody wealthy (this is my pet theory), plus he gives them a vehicle by which to safely and even nastily express their own anger, hatred, fear and bigotry.   The phenomenon is positively terrifying.  

Look, this is a person who never, ever admits  he's wrong or that he ever spoke an untruth on any substantive issue or ever needs forgiveness on anything.  How in the world can we put our trust in a person with not a shred of humility, but a universe's share of braggadocio??  

And though I'm admittedly not the best one to judge, it seems to me Trump's supposed Christian faith is totally and completely phony, craftily designed to woo the evangelicals, period end of story.  The scary thing is, from what I've read, they don't believe his faith is real either, but they figure he can win and that's the more important thing.  

The country is going topsy-turvy nutso.

And now I'm finally off to bed and out of your hair.   Wonder if anyone agrees with me on any of the above, but if not, that's OK, too.

Heaven (or The Force, or somebody or something, PLEASE!!) help us all.

27Debate - Page 2 Empty Re: Debate 2/26/2016, 3:58 am

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Since when has "standing up to Trump" become a key factor in a presidential debate? If you can stand-up to Trump, does that make you presidential material? Hmmm .... let me think this over. If Rubio can stand-up to Trump, does that mean he'll make good foreign policy decisions? Bring back our manufacturing? Create a single-payer healthcare system? Put a dent in global warming? Improve our educational system and lower college costs? ....

28Debate - Page 2 Empty Re: Debate 2/26/2016, 7:26 am

nadalfan

2seaoat wrote:The introduction applause clearly show that the audience is stacked against Trump.......I dislike the guy immensely, but even I have to smell a rat coming in this debate.   I hope his followers will not be fooled by this ambush and the debate has not even started.

I agree completely; the fix is in. I noticed that in the previous debate too. I don't want him to win, but I am a bit sickened by what they're doing; it is inherently wrong.

I also felt like Trump really wasn't hurt by them

Here's an interesting analysis

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/trump-s-dominating-performance

29Debate - Page 2 Empty Re: Debate 2/26/2016, 7:52 am

2seaoat

I agree with the article. Nobody put a dent in Trump. He dominated the debate and was dismissive of the two gnats who think they are tough guys.....The truth is the crazy constituents of the Republican Party are eating Trump's arrogance and ignorance up. I do not care what any poll says. I do not care that trump has increased the voters turning out for Republican primaries. America as a whole thinks the man is a clown. Democrats will not treat him with kid gloves for ninety percent of the fall campaign. They will go for the kill and not be like the wussies that the Neocons like the worm and the punk. Even Butchmeup last night said you could kill Ted Cruz on the senate floor and nobody woukd care or convict. He said his own party is bat chit crazy.....America gets that. The Republican Party invited the Dixiecrats into the party with Nixon's southern strategy and now every traditional Republican like Kasich is too liberal.....give me a break.

30Debate - Page 2 Empty Re: Debate 2/26/2016, 8:10 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

One thing's for certain.  Those of us who thought Rubio was kissing up to Trump to get the VP slot were proved dead wrong last night.  lol

31Debate - Page 2 Empty Re: Debate 2/26/2016, 8:16 am

2seaoat

His contributors were going to cut him off if he did not attack. They are scared chitless about Trump. He has stolen the useful idiots from the Oligarchy and he is a loose cannon. On morning Joe I just heard the best description of the debate. The comment focused on the non verbal part of the debate. The big dog in the middle and two yipping small dogs on both sides of the big dog.....that is exactly my impression, and I believe America's perception.....small yipping dogs, so ineffective and so late in the game it has become comedic.

32Debate - Page 2 Empty Re: Debate 2/26/2016, 8:21 am

It's funny to listen to y'all bemoan that the "fix is in" on the pubs when an outsider is leading... but not a word over the super delegates (wealthy ruling elite) are a third of the dem total and are in hillary's pocket. That's the rigged system.

While poor uncle bernie and his populist constituents appear completely unaware. Where's that leftist angst?

33Debate - Page 2 Empty Re: Debate 2/26/2016, 8:24 am

2seaoat

Bernie has done an incredible job of closing the gap.....but that bridge appears too far. The interview with Hillary on Morning Joe was quite revealing. She is quite relaxed.

34Debate - Page 2 Empty Re: Debate 2/26/2016, 8:32 am

Hillary will occupy the White House for eight years.

Anything else exciting going on? Laughing

35Debate - Page 2 Empty Re: Debate 2/26/2016, 8:49 am

2seaoat

She has been attacked for twenty years by yipping dogs and just like Trump last night, she still stands as one bad asz momma grizzly.

36Debate - Page 2 Empty Re: Debate 2/26/2016, 9:08 am

Sal

Sal

OK, I didn't see much of the clown show last night, but I did tune in for some of the foreign policy back-and-forth.

These people are flat out insane.

They were falling all over themselves saying they were going to "rebuild the military", as if spending twenty times as much as every other country in the universe has left us cowering and defenseless.

The big bag of feathers named Marco was the worst, but even totally reasonable moderate John Kasich was threatening the completely unhinged despot in North Korea with "regime change".

What ...

... the ...

... fuuuuuuuck???

Not one of these people is fit to be POTUS.

Not one.

37Debate - Page 2 Empty Re: Debate 2/26/2016, 11:07 am

Sal

Sal

PkrBum wrote:It's funny to listen to y'all bemoan that the "fix is in" on the pubs when an outsider is leading... but not a word over the super delegates (wealthy ruling elite) are a third of the dem total and are in hillary's pocket. That's the rigged system.

While poor uncle bernie and his populist constituents appear completely unaware. Where's that leftist angst?

Actually, the super delegates pledged early when it was looked like this would be a Hillary coronation, and Bernie had no chance.

They are free to flip at anytime, and they would be under intense pressure to do so if Bernie started to rack up wins.

This is not a secret.

I've seen much discussion regarding this topic on many democratically leaning forums.

I would agree that our entire presidential election process has gotten screwy.

All that having been said, the safe money remains on Hillary for the nomination.

38Debate - Page 2 Empty Re: Debate 2/26/2016, 11:18 am

knothead

knothead

RealLindaL wrote:
2seaoat wrote:What a joke with the talking heads trying to create the reality of what just happened.   They are making it sound like that Trump got skewered by the punk and the worm.....were they watching the same debate.   Trump showed strength and was dismissive of the two boyz.  Kasich clearly is the best man on that stage and not one talking head is talking about Kasich.

Maybe they aren't talking about Kasich because he's a lost cause.  Sorry, but I'm afraid he doesn't stand a chance -- JMHO.

Look, I watched the debate but not the talking heads.  Based on Sea's comments, though, I'm thinking maybe they actually did see the same debate I did.  And maybe it's because I don't like any of the contenders but least of all Trump -- the super-inflated, pathologically lying narcissist -- that I have to respectfully disagree with you guys about Trump's having won this debate.  Personally I don't know if anyone won,  but if I had to pick somebody it sure wouldn't be Trump.  As usual he didn't say ANYTHING of substance, had NO coherent details whatsoever for his grandiose plans -- only that everything will be beautiful (right).  And he only continued to show his total and complete ignorance of how things really work.  

Just as a for-instance, ppaca is absolutely right; to say as Trump did that he's going to eliminate the individual mandate while still requiring coverage of pre-existing conditions, and claiming that the health insurance companies are making tons of money under Obamacare, is simply ludicrous.  The man doesn't know beans about what he's talking about on almost ANY issue.

And what do you say about someone who is told outright by the powers that be in Mexico that there's no way in heck they're ever going to pay for  his "f-ing" wall, and he just keeps saying they'll pay for it anyway??  Because he says so, they're going to back down?? This man is DELUSIONAL, people!  How in the world can you say he won the debate?  I just do not get it.  

That mystifies me as much as the love affair this nation apparently has for the man -- at least the primary voters so far, though I take some comfort in his national highly unfavorable ratings as delineated by the Telemundo person, if those stats are correct.  I sure hope they are.

Cruz totally turned me off but then he always does.  He's every bit as dangerous as Trump, just in a different way and for different reasons.  He impresses me as a shoot-from-the-hip type, big time, with iron clad, small-minded opinions and an imagined mandate from his lord.  I wonder if he'd ever even listen to his WH advisors about anything whatsoever.  I doubt it, because he already knows it all.  Very perilous person to have his hand on the red phone (or whatever the nuclear trigger is these days)!!

And believe me, there's no love lost between this house and Rubio, either, and we agree that he's likely easily bought by special interests, but if the talking heads gave him at least a few points tonight, I have to agree.   I thought he did better than previously and really stood up to Trump with what were mostly valid comebacks to Trump's attacks, or so it seemed to me.  

Still in all, I doubt Trump's followers will be dissuaded in the least.   They're blinded by the light of his money and power and stardom, somehow thinking, even if subconsciously, that he can make everybody wealthy (this is my pet theory), plus he gives them a vehicle by which to safely and even nastily express their own anger, hatred, fear and bigotry.   The phenomenon is positively terrifying.  

Look, this is a person who never, ever admits  he's wrong or that he ever spoke an untruth on any substantive issue or ever needs forgiveness on anything.  How in the world can we put our trust in a person with not a shred of humility, but a universe's share of braggadocio??  

And though I'm admittedly not the best one to judge, it seems to me Trump's supposed Christian faith is totally and completely phony, craftily designed to woo the evangelicals, period end of story.  The scary thing is, from what I've read, they don't believe his faith is real either, but they figure he can win and that's the more important thing.  

The country is going topsy-turvy nutso.

And now I'm finally off to bed and out of your hair.   Wonder if anyone agrees with me on any of the above, but if not, that's OK, too.

Heaven (or The Force, or somebody or something, PLEASE!!) help us all.

RL, I agree with most if not all of your points regarding "The Donald" being narcissistic, phony, braggadocio, etc., etc., . . . . it all is true and few would disagree. I am enjoying watching this man dismantle the greatest political machine ever created and that is the ideology embraced by both Cruz and Rubio . . . . the religion of conservatism. It is preached 24/7 on AM radio by a multitude of talking head, e.g., Limbaugh, Beck, etc., etc., . . . . . while I recognize their right to espouse their views I completely disagree with virtually all their platform points. So yes I am enjoying this skewering of these people and their collective views and if they end up with "The Donald" they will own it in every way and although I support the Democratic Party generally our next President will appoint potentially 3 if not 4 new justices to the SCOTUS. Bottom line I hope Trump wins and faces HRC in the national face off and I am hopeful she prevails . . . . warts and all . . . . it is the long view driving my ultimate desire to take down the radical right wing machine. It would be a repudiation of the radicalism that has taken the Republican Party hostage and that will be very gratifying I concede.

39Debate - Page 2 Empty Re: Debate 2/26/2016, 11:31 am

dumpcare

This is the way I look at it.

Trump and Bernie supporters (even though Bernie is a senator) are fed up with the Washington establishment and wish to get rid of them. I can see, if Bernie looses the nomination (looks like he will) that Bernie supporter's just may go over to Trump if he wins the nomination. I won't go over to Trump and have to decide if I want to leave the president blank, write someone in or vote for Hillary. No way in hell I would ever vote for Rubio or Cruz.

40Debate - Page 2 Empty Re: Debate 2/26/2016, 12:28 pm

2seaoat

If I cannot get Kasich my first choice, I will vote for Hillary. Eight years ago I consistently posted on the PNJ about Hillary's shortcomings. Not one of those candidates other than Kasich is somebody who is good for America. Hillary is the most experienced and vetted candidate. I have NEVER voted for a Democrat for President, but it is time to be real......my Republican Party as Butchmeup said last night is Bat Chit Crazy.

41Debate - Page 2 Empty Re: Debate 2/26/2016, 1:39 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

ppaca wrote:Trump and Bernie supporters (even though Bernie is a senator) are fed up with the Washington establishment

This means they are fed-up with America being ruled defacto by the Council on Foreign Relations (CFR). In other words, we collectively do not want the globalist Illuminati bankers and their ilk to control our destiny.

This could mean a crisis or major war needs to be manufactured to make us more pliable. Another stock market plunge that makes 1929/2008 look small potatoes, or a war where our homeland is attacked using nuclear weapons in some limited way.

Teo is no longer with us, so I guess it will be left to me to open discussions that are conspiratorial in nature.....

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

42Debate - Page 2 Empty Re: Debate 2/26/2016, 1:41 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

I really liked Linda's analysis, too (great job, Linda).

I think if Trump were elected as U.S. president, he would be our Vladmir Putin.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

43Debate - Page 2 Empty Re: Debate 2/26/2016, 5:56 pm

RealLindaL

Wordslinger wrote:Since when has "standing up to Trump" become a key factor in a presidential debate?  If you can stand-up to Trump, does that make you presidential material?  Hmmm .... let me think this over.  If Rubio can stand-up to Trump, does that mean he'll make good foreign policy decisions?  Bring back our manufacturing?  Create a single-payer healthcare system?  Put a dent in global warming?  Improve our educational system and lower college costs?   ....

Wordslinger you're absolutely right, of course, and I know that.   I was writing  within, and in reaction to, the environment of the previous posters who'd early on pretty much made it all about who could out-zinger whom when it came to calling a "winner" of the debate.   But any such "win" among those three men in no way earns my confidence nor my vote.

44Debate - Page 2 Empty Re: Debate 2/26/2016, 6:23 pm

RealLindaL

knothead wrote:
RL, I agree with most if not all of your points regarding "The Donald" being narcissistic, phony, braggadocio, etc., etc., . . . . it all is true and few would disagree.  I am enjoying watching this man dismantle the greatest political machine ever created and that is the ideology embraced by both Cruz and Rubio . . . . the religion of conservatism.  It is preached 24/7 on AM radio by a multitude of talking head, e.g., Limbaugh, Beck, etc., etc., . . . . . while I recognize their right to espouse their views I completely disagree with virtually all their platform points.  So yes I am enjoying this skewering of these people and their collective views and if they end up with "The Donald" they will own it in every way and although I support the Democratic Party generally our next President will appoint potentially 3 if not 4 new justices to the SCOTUS.  Bottom line I hope Trump wins and faces HRC in the national face off and I am hopeful she prevails . . . . warts and all . . . . it is the long view driving my ultimate desire to take down the radical right wing machine. It would be a repudiation of the radicalism that has taken the Republican Party hostage and that will be very gratifying I concede.  

Thank you for your thoughtful comments as usual, Knot.   And I'm 100% behind you in your "desire to take down the radical right wing machine."  I agree it would be most gratifying indeed, and that that "machine" has been the ruination of the Republican Party as well as a major factor in the hate-filled divisiveness now infecting our nation.   The thing is, I guess I don't see much difference between Trump and the other two, Cruz and Rubio, when it comes to right wing ideology, the main differences being that Trump is a late comer to the party, so to speak, and that his "ideology" is likely mostly one of convenience (though that doesn't make him very much less scary to me).

Bottom line is, though he mouths some supposed conservative "values,"  I don't see Trump as particularly committed to much of anything except winning and self-glorification.  So are you saying that's why he'd be more easily beaten by HRC in the general than the other two would, or what? Otherwise, I'm not sure why you particularly hope Trump wins the nomination vs. the other two.   But then I've very likely missed or misconstrued something, Knot, so feel free to enlighten me (please).    

I only wish there were a fine, upstanding and inspiring statesman on the Republican candidates' stage such that, if for some reason we ended up with a Democratic loss in the general, we could still be reasonably proud of and hopeful for the success of our new POTUS.

BBL,    LL

45Debate - Page 2 Empty Re: Debate 2/26/2016, 6:25 pm

RealLindaL

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:I really liked Linda's analysis, too (great job, Linda).

I think if Trump were elected as U.S. president, he would be our Vladmir Putin.

You flatter me, Z-man, but thank you.

Hmm....Trump as a Putin, eh?   Interesting thought, and maybe closer to the truth than the Hitler analogy so casually tossed around lately.

46Debate - Page 2 Empty Re: Debate 2/26/2016, 9:20 pm

RealLindaL wrote:
knothead wrote:
RL, I agree with most if not all of your points regarding "The Donald" being narcissistic, phony, braggadocio, etc., etc., . . . . it all is true and few would disagree.  I am enjoying watching this man dismantle the greatest political machine ever created and that is the ideology embraced by both Cruz and Rubio . . . . the religion of conservatism.  It is preached 24/7 on AM radio by a multitude of talking head, e.g., Limbaugh, Beck, etc., etc., . . . . . while I recognize their right to espouse their views I completely disagree with virtually all their platform points.  So yes I am enjoying this skewering of these people and their collective views and if they end up with "The Donald" they will own it in every way and although I support the Democratic Party generally our next President will appoint potentially 3 if not 4 new justices to the SCOTUS.  Bottom line I hope Trump wins and faces HRC in the national face off and I am hopeful she prevails . . . . warts and all . . . . it is the long view driving my ultimate desire to take down the radical right wing machine. It would be a repudiation of the radicalism that has taken the Republican Party hostage and that will be very gratifying I concede.  

Thank you for your thoughtful comments as usual, Knot.   And I'm 100% behind you in your "desire to take down the radical right wing machine."  I agree it would be most gratifying indeed, and that that "machine" has been the ruination of the Republican Party as well as a major factor in the hate-filled divisiveness now infecting our nation.   The thing is, I guess I don't see much difference between Trump and the other two, Cruz and Rubio, when it comes to right wing ideology, the main differences being that Trump is a late comer to the party, so to speak, and that his "ideology" is likely mostly one of convenience (though that doesn't make him very much less scary to me).

Bottom line is, though he mouths some supposed conservative "values,"  I don't see Trump as particularly committed to much of anything except winning and self-glorification.  So are you saying that's why he'd be more easily beaten by HRC in the general than the other two would, or what? Otherwise, I'm not sure why you particularly hope Trump wins the nomination vs. the other two.   But then I've very likely missed or misconstrued something, Knot, so feel free to enlighten me (please).    

I only wish there were a fine, upstanding and inspiring statesman on the Republican candidates' stage such that, if for some reason we ended up with a Democratic loss in the general, we could still be reasonably proud of and hopeful for the success of our new POTUS.

BBL,    LL

All while the dnc riggs the democratic nomination process with super delegates (wealthy ruling elite establishment) fully in the tank for hillary. Poor uncle bernie has ZERO chance... and his populist constituents appear clueless.

Also no one seems to care about hillary's speeches to wall st, bankers, or foreign interests... for millions. Wouldn't y'all want to know what she says behind the scenes? I think it would be interesting to compare to her campaign promises.

Y'all go on gnashing teeth over the republicans... but stay away from 3 card monte games. Carry on comrades... lol.

47Debate - Page 2 Empty Re: Debate 2/26/2016, 9:46 pm

2seaoat

Kasich, Bernie, and Hillary all care about Americans. One of them will be our next President.

48Debate - Page 2 Empty Re: Debate 2/26/2016, 10:54 pm

Sal

Sal

Keep holding on to that last shred of evidence of sanity in the GOP, Oats.

Meanwhile, totally moderate Kasich is advocating preemptive regime change in North Korea.

What could go wrong??

49Debate - Page 2 Empty Re: Debate 2/27/2016, 1:59 am

RealLindaL

Salinsky wrote:Keep holding on to that last shred of evidence of sanity in the GOP, Oats.

Meanwhile, totally moderate Kasich is advocating preemptive regime change in North Korea.

What could go wrong??

If you missed that, Sea, I can vouch for what Sal's reporting.  It's one of the  stupidest things I've heard Kasich say, and have to wonder if his campaign advisors (or perhaps some outside special military/industrial interest) put him up to it in order to win the rabid warmonger vote.  In any event, it's insane and I've now lost any modicum of respect I may've thought to hold for the man.

50Debate - Page 2 Empty Re: Debate 2/27/2016, 2:17 am

RealLindaL

PkrBum wrote:Also no one seems to care about hillary's speeches to wall st, bankers, or foreign interests... for millions. Wouldn't y'all want to know what she says behind the scenes? I think it would be interesting to compare to her campaign promises.

Y'all go on gnashing teeth over the republicans... but stay away from 3 card monte games. Carry on comrades... lol.

I think Hillary successfully put the push for her speech transcripts to bed when she took the position (I believe it was during the Democratic town hall the other night) that she'd provide them for her speeches if all other candidates on both sides would do the same.  Paraphrasing:  "Why," she asked, "should there  be a separate standard just for me?"  

Exactly so.

As for "gnashing teeth over the Republicans," PB, I would hope all Americans would be doing a lot of gnashing after watching the spectacle of Trump and Rubio on the campaign trail following this last debate.   I mean, with Rubio talking about Trump's possibly checking in the mirror to see if his pants were wet, and Trump childishly tossing water around and other shenanigans, it was positively sickening.   These men have totally lost any dignity they may have once possessed.  

As Anderson Cooper remarked tonight (paraphrasing):  "And this is the election for the president of our country."   Come on, everyone!  Surely we can agree the behavior of these individuals today was positively appalling!   I'm beyond mortified for our nation in the eyes of both ourselves and the rest of the world.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum