Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The new wave of warfare

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The new wave of warfare Empty The new wave of warfare 9/22/2012, 10:33 am

For the techies like me. Want an interesting read search google for "rent ddos botnet". Thats right now you can rent your very own botnet and carry out your own attacks against others web sites.

http://blog.radware.com/security/2012/03/darkness-optima-ddos-for-hire/

http://www.eweek.com/c/a/Security/BotnetBotnet-for-Sale-Business-Going-Strong-Security-Researchers-Say848696/

Iran frequently rents botnets to carry out attacks.

http://arstechnica.com/security/2012/09/web-attacks-us-banks-originated-in-iran/

2The new wave of warfare Empty Re: The new wave of warfare 9/22/2012, 10:41 am

I'm probably going to regret this but screw it. Incase you want to start your own botnet here is one you can download. (WARNING jack it up you can infect yourself)

http://thehackernews.com/2011/10/optima-ddos-10a-botnet-leaked-on.html

3The new wave of warfare Empty Re: The new wave of warfare 9/22/2012, 10:53 am

crap. this stuff scares me. why in the world would they allow such to get into the hands of the public. I woonder how long it will take now for someone here to get it and attack my computer.

4The new wave of warfare Empty Re: The new wave of warfare 9/22/2012, 4:16 pm

Chrissy wrote:crap. this stuff scares me. why in the world would they allow such to get into the hands of the public. I woonder how long it will take now for someone here to get it and attack my computer.

Chrissy, do you think that this is LEGAL? Hackers write computer viruses or trojans that sit on innocent-looking web pages, just waiting for somebody to click on a link or by just visiting a site, and then infect that person's computer... a new "bot".

Botnets are a collection of infected computers... maybe yours... maybe mine... that sit and await further instructions from the botnet controllers.

When a DDOS occurs, all the computers are instructed to flood a target server with requests... basically shutting it down. You don't have to hack the target, just flood it with requests that keep the server from responding to legitimate requests for info.

Highly illegal.

The quickest way to get infected is to do a search for nude pics of Emma Watson (Hermione in Harry Potter), then visit all the links...

5The new wave of warfare Empty Re: The new wave of warfare 9/22/2012, 4:37 pm

2seaoat

The quickest way to get infected is to do a search for nude pics of Emma Watson (Hermione in Harry Potter), then visit all the links...

I really do not want to ask this question.....but exactly how did you find this out........ Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

6The new wave of warfare Empty Re: The new wave of warfare 9/22/2012, 4:47 pm

2seaoat wrote:The quickest way to get infected is to do a search for nude pics of Emma Watson (Hermione in Harry Potter), then visit all the links...

I really do not want to ask this question.....but exactly how did you find this out........ Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

eh.... heh.

It's no secret, SeaOat. I read it somewhere, probably on Popurls.com. You don't even have to follow the safe links below... just read the URL text in the link.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/09/11/mcafee_watson_dangerous_celebrity/

http://gizmodo.com/5941996/emma-watson-is-full-of-viruses

http://techlogon.com/2012/09/12/emma-watson-most-dangerous-celebrity-on-the-web/

The new wave of warfare Emma_w10

7The new wave of warfare Empty Re: The new wave of warfare 9/22/2012, 5:00 pm

2seaoat

It really is no fun getting old.....I remember the guilt of looking at Brooke Shields as a grown man.....now to see this child all grown up....time is flying by, and the problem is in my mind.....I still like 18 year old girls but I am 60.....the guy upstairs at least has a sense of humor.

8The new wave of warfare Empty Re: The new wave of warfare 9/22/2012, 5:14 pm

My bride and I have a great trusting relationship. You can look, but don't touch. We'll be driving down the road and she'll slap me on the shoulder if a really cute chick is within view... and I didn't notice... so I can get an eyeful too.

We were walking down the beach and coming from the opposite direction a couple of coeds were walking down the beach in their white Tee shirts & shorts. They had been swimming and the Tee shirts were transparent because they were wet and left little to the imagination. I just had to stop and ask them a question or two, then everybody walked in their previous directions. When we got outside of their earshot, Christine said with a grin, "I know what you were doing."

Last edited by Yomama on 9/22/2012, 5:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

9The new wave of warfare Empty Re: The new wave of warfare 9/22/2012, 5:16 pm

wow... she seems so innocent and nice.

10The new wave of warfare Empty Re: The new wave of warfare 9/22/2012, 5:20 pm

PkrBum wrote:wow... she seems so innocent and nice.

You talking about Emma or my bride, Christine? You can't be talking about Christine. In grammar school, when Christine was in the second grade, she was called "queen wildcat". She could whip any boy in the school.

11The new wave of warfare Empty Re: The new wave of warfare 9/22/2012, 5:29 pm

Yomama wrote:

You talking about Emma or my bride, Christine? You can't be talking about Christine. In grammar school, when Christine was in the second grade, she was called "queen wildcat". She could whip any boy in the school.

lol... i was referring to emma. maybe she's planning on taking over the internet... and then all smart tech machines...

AND THEN THE WORLD... HAHAHAHA.

12The new wave of warfare Empty Re: The new wave of warfare 9/22/2012, 5:32 pm

Yomama wrote:My bride and I have a great trusting relationship. You can look, but don't touch. We'll be driving down the road and she'll slap me on the shoulder if a really cute chick is within view... and I didn't notice... so I can get an eyeful too.

We were walking down the beach and coming from the opposite direction a couple of coeds were walking down the beach in their white Tee shirts & shorts. They had been swimming and the Tee shirts were transparent because they were wet and left little to the imagination. I just had to stop and ask them a question or two, then everybody walked in their previous directions. When we got outside of their earshot, Christine said with a grin, "I know what you were doing."

Im so fortunate to have that kind of relationship where trust still excist.

I can look but not touch too. Im also allowed to flirt as long as I make no serious negotiations to touch.

my guess is that sweet prety girl has nothing to do with having hackers accosiated with her, perhaps the hacker knew we would all want to see that sweet yummy face of her.

13The new wave of warfare Empty Re: The new wave of warfare 9/22/2012, 5:34 pm

PkrBum wrote:
Yomama wrote:

lol... i was referring to emma. maybe she's planning on taking over the internet... and then all smart tech machines...

AND THEN THE WORLD... HAHAHAHA.

she can take over me Razz

14The new wave of warfare Empty Re: The new wave of warfare 9/22/2012, 5:44 pm

Yella

Yella

Chrissy wrote:crap. this stuff scares me. why in the world would they allow such to get into the hands of the public. I woonder how long it will take now for someone here to get it and attack my computer.

Chrissy, what if somebody here had the power to shut somebody down in their tracks. Somebody who is psychopathically vindictive who operates here in this forum.

Somebody crazy as a bedbug. Not me or you we're only silly.
Think about THAT!

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

15The new wave of warfare Empty Re: The new wave of warfare 9/22/2012, 5:47 pm

Yella

Yella

2seaoat wrote:It really is no fun getting old.....I remember the guilt of looking at Brooke Shields as a grown man.....now to see this child all grown up....time is flying by, and the problem is in my mind.....I still like 18 year old girls but I am 60.....the guy upstairs at least has a sense of humor.

Brooke Shields as a grown man? Wow! I dunno, I guess anything is possible.

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

16The new wave of warfare Empty Re: The new wave of warfare 9/22/2012, 5:59 pm

Yella wrote:
2seaoat wrote:It really is no fun getting old.....I remember the guilt of looking at Brooke Shields as a grown man.....now to see this child all grown up....time is flying by, and the problem is in my mind.....I still like 18 year old girls but I am 60.....the guy upstairs at least has a sense of humor.

Brooke Shields as a grown man? Wow! I dunno, I guess anything is possible.

LMAO..!!
queen

17The new wave of warfare Empty Re: The new wave of warfare 9/22/2012, 6:39 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

http://tinyurl.com/emma-nude-2

Twisted Evil

The new wave of warfare 5145_e10

18The new wave of warfare Empty Re: The new wave of warfare 9/22/2012, 8:39 pm

Just so you know. You guys do realizes worms, trojans, botnet, and viruses can be embedded and executed in various movie files and scripts run by your browsers. Part of the Anon crew has been doing it with the 4chan website for years.

19The new wave of warfare Empty Re: The new wave of warfare 9/23/2012, 6:54 am

alecto wrote:Just so you know. You guys do realizes worms, trojans, botnet, and viruses can be embedded and executed in various movie files and scripts run by your browsers. Part of the Anon crew has been doing it with the 4chan website for years.

what do you recomend as the best virus protection?

my computer guy says its not norton.

20The new wave of warfare Empty Re: The new wave of warfare 9/23/2012, 7:31 am

Chrissy wrote:
alecto wrote:Just so you know. You guys do realizes worms, trojans, botnet, and viruses can be embedded and executed in various movie files and scripts run by your browsers. Part of the Anon crew has been doing it with the 4chan website for years.

I've been using Kaspersky except on my old laptop, I am using Webroot Secure Anywhere on it. It is inexpensive and works. Kaspersky is good but expensive.

21The new wave of warfare Empty Re: The new wave of warfare 9/23/2012, 11:44 am

Chrissy wrote:

I use Symantec endpoint. It is enterprise software used for businesses and used on servers but it can be installed easily on a personal PC. I have used all the free crap and even bought some of the security suite stuff for personal use (Norton 360, Mcafee, Outpost, Kaspersky, Zone Alarm) and while they work fairly good none of them rival Symantec in speed and abilities especially the firewall. Symantec and Norton are the same company, Symantec is for businesses and Norton is personal use.

While Symantec is the best one I have ever used nothing will protect you 100%. The closest thing to 100% protection would be to change operating systems and start using Linux but there is a learning curve. Most linux distributions have a Live CD that you can burn to a disk then just reboot the CPU from the disk and you can try it out, when you are done reboot remove the disk and it is back to windows.

http://www.symantec.com/endpoint-protection

22The new wave of warfare Empty Re: The new wave of warfare 9/23/2012, 12:04 pm

alecto wrote:
Chrissy wrote:

I use Symantec endpoint. It is enterprise software used for businesses and used on servers but it can be installed easily on a personal PC. I have used all the free crap and even bought some of the security suite stuff for personal use (Norton 360, Mcafee, Outpost, Kaspersky, Zone Alarm) and while they work fairly good none of them rival Symantec in speed and abilities especially the firewall. Symantec and Norton are the same company, Symantec is for businesses and Norton is personal use.

While Symantec is the best one I have ever used nothing will protect you 100%. The closest thing to 100% protection would be to change operating systems and start using Linux but there is a learning curve. Most linux distributions have a Live CD that you can burn to a disk then just reboot the CPU from the disk and you can try it out, when you are done reboot remove the disk and it is back to windows.

Thanks. come to think of it I recall using that at work. and I had no idea norton was the same co. learn something new everyday Smile

23The new wave of warfare Empty Re: The new wave of warfare 9/23/2012, 1:28 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

alecto wrote:
Chrissy wrote:

I am using Linux on my desktop..best free thing I ever got...much better than Microsoft. Lots of free apps and with Mozilla as my browser I go where no man has gone before and fear nothing ...Have not seen the first virus. I have had 3 Microsoft OS units destroyed by viruses prior.

24The new wave of warfare Empty Re: The new wave of warfare 9/23/2012, 10:55 pm

I was running Norton 360 but about 4 years back it got bloated and took up too much resources. I have been a Kaspersky man ever since. Nothing is hacker proof.

I have read that Norton has slimmed down, but I'll stay with Kaspersky unless I have a problem with it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum