Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

N. Korea pledges attack on US mainland--If Annual Exercises Take Place

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

N. Korea pledges attack on US mainland if 'high-density strike’ military drills go ahead

https://www.rt.com/news/333389-north-korea-threat-usa/

...Pyongyang says its first targets would be South Korea’s presidential Blue House, while secondary targets would include US military bases in Asia and on the US mainland. There are approximately 28,500 US troops stationed in South Korea...

Didn't Republican lawmakers get all stiff-necked about the Iran deal, and have not the GOP presidential hopefuls focused on Iran, the "bad" deal and how Iran must be "stopped" or they will threaten our way of life?

Where has Iran threatened to attack U.S. bases and the U.S. homeland?

What are wingnut lawmakers and presidential hopefuls saying about the very CLEAR AND PRESENT DANGER posed by a NUCLEAR ARMED North Korea, which continues to make threats to the U.S., and continues to conduct nuclear weapons tests?

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/index.php?pid=49319&st=north+korea&st1

Remarks on the Nuclear Agreement With North Korea
President Clinton
October 18, 1994

Good afternoon. I am pleased that the United States and North Korea yesterday reached agreement on the text of a framework document on North Korea's nuclear program. This agreement will help to achieve a longstanding and vital American objective: an end to the threat of nuclear proliferation on the Korean Peninsula.

This agreement is good for the United States, good for our allies, and good for the safety of the entire world. It reduces the danger of the threat of nuclear spreading in the region. It's a crucial step toward drawing North Korea into the global community.

I want to begin by thanking Secretary Christopher and our chief negotiator, Ambassador at Large Bob Gallucci, for seeing these negotiations through. I asked Bob if he'd had any sleep, since he's going to answer all your technical questions about this agreement, and he said that he had had some sleep. So be somewhat gentle with him. After meeting with my chief national security advisers, and at their unanimous recommendation, I am instructing Ambassador Gallucci to return to Geneva on Friday for the purpose of signing an agreement.

The United States has been concerned about the possibility that North Korea was developing nuclear weapons since the 1980's. Three administrations have tried to bring this nuclear program under international control. There is nothing more important to our security and to the world's stability than preventing the spread of nuclear weapons and ballistic missiles. And the United States has an unshakeable commitment to protect our ally and our fellow democracy South Korea. Thirty-eight thousand American troops stationed on the Peninsula are the guarantors of that commitment.

Today, after 16 months of intense and difficult negotiations with North Korea, we have completed an agreement that will make the United States, the Korean Peninsula, and the world safer. Under the agreement, North Korea has agreed to freeze its existing nuclear program and to accept international inspection of all existing facilities.

This agreement represents the first step on the road to a nuclear-free Korean Peninsula. It does not rely on trust. Compliance will be certified by the International Atomic Energy Agency. The United States and North Korea have also agreed to ease trade restrictions and to move toward establishing liaison offices in each other's capitals. These offices will ease North Korea's isolation.

From the start of the negotiations, we have consulted closely with South Korea, with Japan, and with other interested parties. We will continue to work closely with our allies and with the Congress as our relationship with North Korea develops.

Throughout this administration, the fight against the spread of nuclear weapons has been among our most important international priorities, and we've made great progress toward removing nuclear weapons from Ukraine, Kazakhstan, and from Belarus. Nuclear weapons in Russia are no longer targeted on our citizens. Today all Americans should know that as a result of this achievement on Korea, our Nation will be safer and the future of our people more secure.

2seaoat

I am going to hit you with my right hand on your jaw if you do not do what I say.........never met anybody who could pull that off.....the first rule of a fist fight is to hit first and STFUP.

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKCN0VX22B

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The United States,which is worried by China's military buildup to assert dominance in the South China Sea,will increase freedom-of-navigation operations there,a senior Pentagon official said on Wednesday.

"We will be doing them more,and we'll be doing them with greater complexity in the future and ... we'll fly,sail and operate wherever international law allows," Admiral Harry Harris,head of the U.S. Navy's Pacific Command,told a House Armed Services Committee hearing.

"We must continue to operate in the South China Sea to demonstrate that that water space and the air above it is international," Harris said.

On Tuesday,Harris said China was "changing the operational landscape" in the South China Sea by deploying missiles and radar as part of an effort to militarily dominate East Asia.

China is "clearly militarizing the South China Sea ... You'd have to believe in a flat Earth to think otherwise," Harris said in comments that coincided with a visit to Washington by Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi.

China says its military facilities in the South China Sea are "legal and appropriate" and on Tuesday,in an apparent reference to U.S. patrols,Wang said Beijing hoped not to see more close-up reconnaissance,or the dispatch of missile destroyers or strategic bombers.

Harris,asked what more could be done to deter militarization,said the United States could deploy more naval assets,although there were significant "fiscal,diplomatic and political hurdles" in the way of stationing a second aircraft carrier group in the region.

"We could consider putting another (attack) submarine out there,we could put additional destroyers forward ...there are a lot of things we could do, short of putting a full carrier strike group in the Western Pacific,” he said.

China claims most of the South China Sea,through which more than $5 trillion in global trade passes every year. Vietnam,Malaysia,Brunei,the Philippines and Taiwan have rival claims.

Harris's comments came a day after he said China had deployed surface-to-air missiles on Woody Island in the South China Sea's Paracel chain and radars on Cuarteron Reef in the Spratly islands further to the south.

On Tuesday,his command said China's repeated deployment of advanced fighter aircraft to Woody Island was part of a disturbing trend that was inconsistent with Beijing's commitment to avoid actions that could escalate disputes.

Last month,a U.S. Navy destroyer carried out a patrol within 12 nautical miles of Triton Island in the Paracels,a move China called provocative.

The United States has also conducted sea and air patrols near artificial islands China has built in the Spratlys,including by two B-52 strategic bombers in November.

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKCN0VX2N1

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Libya will become a failed state if the country's factions cannot unite, U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry said on Wednesday.

"We have been working really hard for the last months, particularly,to bring together a government in Tripoli," Kerry told U.S. lawmakers. "If they cannot get themselves together,yes it will be a failed state."

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

This thread is about North Korea threatening to strike the U.S. mainland, not all of those other countries Pkrbm is talking about......

I am sure the wingnut GOP 2016 hopefuls still think that Iran is a bigger threat than North Korea is. I have yet to hear any of them talk bad about Kim Jong Un and how crazy he is. I suppose they will speak-up after the mushroom cloud appears over Honolulu or Seattle.

Markle

Markle

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:N. Korea pledges attack on US mainland if 'high-density strike’ military drills go ahead

...Pyongyang says its first targets would be South Korea’s presidential Blue House, while secondary targets would include US military bases in Asia and on the US mainland. There are approximately 28,500 US troops stationed in South Korea...

Didn't Republican lawmakers get all stiff-necked about the Iran deal, and have not the GOP presidential hopefuls focused on Iran, the "bad" deal and how Iran must be "stopped" or they will threaten our way of life?

What are wingnut lawmakers and presidential hopefuls saying about the very CLEAR AND PRESENT DANGER posed by a NUCLEAR ARMED North Korea, which continues to make threats to the U.S., and continues to conduct nuclear weapons tests?

I take it then that you don't consider their leadership and, by orders, their people chanting "DEATH TO AMERICA" to be a threat...how exactly does that work?

Iran Threatens White House Will Be “Destroyed in Under 10 Minutes” Should Strike Occur
By Lea Speyer July 12, 2015 , 12:15 pm

Read more at http://www.breakingisraelnews.com/45024/iran-threatens-us-destroyed-10-minutes-strike-middle-east/#iFZZz37KtM3lHORl.99

Iranian Cleric Threatens US, Israel With 'Missile Attack'
By James Morrison   |   Monday, 17 Nov 2014 02:16 PM

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/Iran-nuclear-weapons-sanctions-uranium/2014/11/17/id/607839/

Iran Threatens US: Our Drones And Missiles Can Hit You  First Publish: 2/8/2014, 7:29 PM

Iranian Revolutionary Guards' site warns US its drone and missile systems can reach American warships in Persian Gulf.

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/177223#.VtTXYnarRD8

IRAN
Iran threatens US Navy with ‘suicide missions’

Published May 16, 2014  Washington Free Beacon

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/05/16/iran-threatens-us-navy-with-suicide-missions.html

Having been proven wrong...again...would you like...

More?

Last edited by Markle on 2/29/2016, 7:56 pm; edited 2 times in total

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Markle wrote:
ZVUGKTUBM wrote:N. Korea pledges attack on US mainland if 'high-density strike’ military drills go ahead

I take it then that you don't consider their leadership and, by orders, their people chanting "DEATH TO AMERICA" to be a threat...how exactly does that work?

Get with it Markle. Rasfanjani's party won big in Iran's elections yesterday -- and he's moderate. Except as mouthed by Amerika Inc's war-pushing Neocons and a few of the Mullahs and the Ayatollah, the Iranian people want rapprochement with Europe and America. I know the thought of better relations with the most powerful Mid-eastern country terrifies you, but buck-up kid. The sky in fact, isn't falling.

Markle

Markle

Wordslinger wrote:
Markle wrote:

Get with it Markle.  Rasfanjani's party won big in Iran's elections yesterday -- and he's moderate.  Except as mouthed by Amerika Inc's war-pushing Neocons and a few of the Mullahs and the Ayatollah, the Iranian people want rapprochement with Europe and America.  I know the thought of better relations with the most powerful Mid-eastern country terrifies you, but buck-up kid.  The sky in fact, isn't falling.

As you know, the President of Iran is a figurehead. Akbar Hashemi Rafsanjani does not run the country. The Clerics behind the scenes make the decisions.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Markle wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:
Markle wrote:

Get with it Markle.  Rasfanjani's party won big in Iran's elections yesterday -- and he's moderate.  Except as mouthed by Amerika Inc's war-pushing Neocons and a few of the Mullahs and the Ayatollah, the Iranian people want rapprochement with Europe and America.  I know the thought of better relations with the most powerful Mid-eastern country terrifies you, but buck-up kid.  The sky in fact, isn't falling.

As you know, the President of Iran is a figurehead.  Akbar Hashemi Rafsanjani does not run the country.  The Clerics behind the scenes make the decisions.

The truth is, whether the country is Iran or N. Korea, or any other nation, the ultimate power lies with the people. Iran's clerics have power because the people allow it, but the latest round of elections, in which Rafsanjani and his party of reformers have made great inroads, attests to the will of the Iranian people to join the west and participate in the world economy. What you advocate is no different than the insane policy we instituted against the Cuban people at the end of the 1950s -- when we chose to punish the people in hopes they would overthrow Castro. It didn't work in Cuba.

As you frame the subject, our enemy is Iran's leading clerics -- not the Iranian people. Here's a novel suggestion, considering America's penchant for forcing its way on the rest of the world: let's let the Iranians correct their situation and stop exacerbating our problems.

gatorfan

The NK's make these threats every year, you know - during every annual exercise.....

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

gatorfan wrote:The NK's make these threats every year, you know - during every annual exercise.....

I know they do.... I participated in Exercises Team Spirit 79 and Team Spirit 86. I loved South Korea. South Koreans love Americans, too. I believe they are one of America's staunchest allies.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum