Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

President Obama.....I thought you understood the Chicago way

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

Hey Mitch......we are moving thirty percent of our operations out of Fort Campbell. It will save the country money and will make the 101st more ready for combat. Have a nice day.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

They have been threatening to downsize Fort Campbell for several years now; at least since the GOP won Senate control in 2010. Perhaps this was a way to keep Senator McConnell a bit more malleable.

Two bases that need serious downsizing are located here: (1) NAS Pensacola, and (2) NAS Whiting. Both of these bases have way to many civilian GS jobs. True, it would be painful; but we managed to close down the useless NADEP at NASP in 1994 and eliminate 15K jobs without causing a financial recession here.

I have an axe to grind against NADEP. I was the Aircraft Maintenance Officer for a West Coast CH-53A/D squadron in the mid-80s, and I used to send helicopters here for Standard Depot Level Maintenance (SDLM). The aircraft we got back from NADEP were always barely flyable and required hundreds of hours of additional work by my people to make them ready to fly on operations.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum